• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire Deep Turbo C Head

donn_

Flashaholic
Yeah, I know, but IIRC, the Aleph LE is smaller in diameter. I'm wondering if a threaded press-fit adapter can me made to utilize an Aleph LE.

The question would be adjusting the position of the LE to focus the LED in the deep reflector.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Yeah, I know, but IIRC, the Aleph LE is smaller in diameter. I'm wondering if a threaded press-fit adapter can me made to utilize an Aleph LE.

The question would be adjusting the position of the LE to focus the LED in the deep reflector.

For this to work an adapter would have to be made so the Aleph LE will adapt to a D26 drop in. This head/reflector is designed to extend onto the D26 drop in's reflector exactly like the Prince series. Good idea, might have to try this.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any actual data on beam quality, increase in hot spot lux, effect on beam width/spill, if total output is affected (whether using a real IS or a homemade light box), etc? The product seems quite interesting, but all I've seen so far are cosmetics, with very little information on function. A size comparison photo to a stock SF Z44 bezel and an SF KT1 would also be useful, but maybe I am asking for too much.
Please see size comparison with popular 2D M*g here.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
#6 Black C turbo US$102.96 for cernobila

BTW, if this will work just like your Prince set up.......it will rock!

Last edited:

Jay T

Enlightened
I wanted to mention though, my P60 & P90 LAs do not fit, they are a tad too large in diameter. I can easily turn down the LAs but others may not be so fortunate. Drop in kits fit just fine.

While my P91 dosn't go all the way into the reflector assembly, there is a gap between the P91 and the turbo reflector, this dosn't seem to affect how it works. It still lights up and throws a tight beam out the front end.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Got mine today, and intended to use it with one of the 2 x 18650 bodies & AW switches I got from Nite's (FM's) great sale here.

First thing you notice is how far FM has come in the craftsmanship. When I screwed head down over FM's D26 reflector, the edge between the two reflectors, nearly vanishes.

I just did a mini-review of it here. This is an amazing little creation.

#07 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 + 6 + CC

:paypal:

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Varooj

I got my head yesterday and I absolutely love it. When coupled with your 1 C or 2 C they seem perfectly balanced. I used a neutral MCE in a 1C with the new head on my morning dog walk and your new head makes the MCE an absolute thrower.
You have all the light directed down range and it is great.

One of the real bonuses is I ran a MCE on full power in your one C for almost 45 minutes nonstop and the light never got hot. It is the only light I use with drop ins that I can say that about.

Thanks for a great product

Dave

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
#08 Black "C" Turbo Head $89
#09 Black "C" Turbo Head $89
Shipping, $6
4% PP fee, $7.36

Total, $191.36

:paypal:

Thank you.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Deep Turbo C Heads today. My initial impression is not as positive as nailbender's and LuxLuthor's.

None of the SureFire Classic incandescent lamp assemblies I tried fit properly. I tried 4 P60s, 1 R60, 1 R30, and 1 P61. They all hang up before the top lip of the LA gets flush with the bottom of the Deep Turbo C reflector. I'd estimate that there is a gap of about 2mm. The head also doesn't screw down all the way on my SF 6P host and there is a large gap of about 3mm. Since the product was advertised to work with stock P90/91 lamp assemblies, I consider this to be a major fault.

In addition, the reflectors each seem to have 4 or so little defects in the deposit, where it looks like the reflector material was deposited over some small particles that got onto the surface.

I tried 3 different P60 LED drop-ins, and got mixed results. All of the LED drop-ins fit flush, so at least that was encouraging. But I got no increase in hot spot lux (throw) for a DX6090 and a DX11836. I got about 5% increase for an OpticsHQ drop-in, but the beam quality degraded signficantly (noticeable ringiness).

For completeness, I tested a Malkoff M30. It fit fine, but again I measured no difference in hot spot lux.

My moddoo triple XP-E drop-ins aren't finished yet, but I test fitted the aluminum heat sink and that also fits flush in the Deep Turbo C Head. Since these drop-ins use an optic (as with the M30), I don't expect much (if any) increase in throw from the Deep Turbo C Head.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deep Turbo C Head gap with a SureFire P60 lamp assembly (orange arrows showing the gap and the reflection of the gap in the Deep Turbo C Head), and various defects in the reflector deposit (circled and arrowed in red)
FMDeepTurboCHeadandSFP60.jpg

3mm gap between the Deep Turbo C Head and the SureFire 6P host body:
FMDeepTurboCHeadgap.jpg

I just noticed a spot on one of the heads where the anodizing is missing, but I don't have a photo of that yet.

Edit: I hand filed one of my SF P61 HOLAs and it fits the FM head now. I get a noticeable increase in 1 meter hot spot lux using the FM head vs the standard SF Z44 bezel. But I also get a donut at distances greater than about 5 feet. Discussion appears in LuxLuthor's mini-review thread that he linked in Post #26 above.

Edit: Photo of the missing anodization
FMDeepTurboCHeadmissinganodization.jpg

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
#01 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 nailbender paid shipped
#02 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 Jay T paid shipped
#03 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 NetKidz paid shipped
#04 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 darkzero paid shipped
#05 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 LuxLuthor paid shipped
#06 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 cernobila paid shipped
#07 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 LuxLuthor paid shipped
#08 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 Justin Case paid shipped
#09 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 Justin Case paid shipped
#10 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 my_gentle_cry paid shipped
#11 Black "C" Turbo Head $89 Chongker paid shipped
---------------------
[size=+2]More Deep Turbo Heads Available.[/size]

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Varoog

I just wanted to say that this is still one of my favorite lamp holders. I find myself reaching for it most days. It is a perfect companion to your 1C body. I have found it to work with most all leds that I make. It makes most all leds throwers and I have found that almost all of my drop ins fit with head closing all the way.
I am amazed at the way it wicks heat away. It is the only lamp holder that I am able to run most all leds on high for extended periods of time without worry of over heating. I can run P7 , MCE , SST all for 45 minutes at a time on high with out worry of heat related problems. The new XPG looks great with this head.

Just wanted to say thanks for another great product.

Dave

E-J-J

Enlightened
I wants #14 Black "C" Turbo Head $89

:paypal: and Pm sent :thumbsup:

Last edited: