SureFire E1B Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Size15's

Flashaholic
So how exactly would you go to a dealer(for me I would like it be Basspro) and ask them to put your name on the list. I have a friend who works at basspro in the camping section which is the section where the Flashlights and SF display case are located so could I ask to be put on a waiting list when they receive them. Or, will they be availible at SF's website the same time they are in stores. I could just ask him to hold one for me when they arrive. So Size 15's, do you have a ballpark estimate for when they will be released?

-Evan
I like your attitude - support local retailers.
However, in this instance I would advocate taking a more personalised approach. CPF MarketPlace plays host to several SureFire Dealers who are far more capable of realising your desire to have a new, as unreleased SureFire product by placing you on a 'pre-order' list or other such mechanism.

As to whether I have a 'ballpark estimate release date' - I wouldn't like to say. I don't believe it productive/constructive to place any hope or even seek to speculate on release dates. Time has shown they can not be relied upon.

To that end I suggest you find a friendly SureFire Dealer with whom to register your desire to have a new product and it will be dispatched to you when available. Nothing you can do after that so I suggest turning your attentions elsewhere.

Al

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire E1B Backup

I will try and wait until this light has hit the retail channel in quantities sufficient to support demand. That way if there are any bugs or manufacturing issues which need to be worked out I don't have to be the guy who says hey my E1B is screwed up what about yours? Know what I mean.

If Surefire produces the E1B it will not be in small quantities. They will be going for a home run with this light. Surefire must be thinking we need every Police Officer in the United states and elsewhere to be carrying one of these.
Of course the minute a working beat cop sees this light he will see the utility in it and want one. Cops are suckers for good flashlights. This one will be no exception.

For some reason I don't generally line up to be first in line to buy a surefire.
(I did prepay for a titan though). I guess I am secure in the knowledge that Surefire is going to make enough to go around and there is no real hurry. It isn't exactly a McGizmo which is going to be available today and sold out tomorrow.
That said there are and have been shortages of Surefire lights like the L4 or the KL4 and others but not lights like the 6p a surefire staple.
I wonder why? I bet it has to do with the component set. Some lights with electronic component packages require more attention...I am guessing.

Like you guys I too look forward to having and holding one of these. Only time will tell if I can resist ordering one the first day it is available

Yaesumofo

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire E1B Backup

The early L4 shortages were because of the very limited supply of high flux 5 watt Luxeon leds. That's less of an issue now.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe people have spoken of a recent 'shortage' of L4's.
My explanation for this is that SureFire have been receiving significant orders for their ScoutLight (M600A) which uses the KL4 bezel and have been diverting resources to meeting those orders.

As far as I'm aware SureFire have never had the luxury of being able to make more product than the demand for it

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I will, of course, laugh my tail off if the E1B won't take rechargeables.

-Steve

Well, if you're Surefire, and plan to design a light to use only CR123a primaries, why design it to accept 4.2 ish volts?

In all fairness, I do love this E1B design. I can't wait to see what people think of them.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
SureFire has 6PLED and G2LED shortages. I ordered one each from them a week and a half ago and all I got was an E-Mail telling me its all back ordered and to contact customer service to see what I want to do. They did take the money out of my account to boot!! Any advise?

I guess I'll give'm another week or so before I call them.

I can't believe the hits and responses on this thread seems like a lot of you guys & gals are hot for one of these E1B Backup lights, ( I wonder how long it was on its web site, from the time I posted to the time they pulled the listing seemed to be pretty quick. ) something fishy here? me thinks ;)

vantage

Newly Enlightened
I got my P60L about a week after getting the back-ordered email. I love it in my G2, however, I tried it in my C3 (instead of the older KL3 head) and love it even more. In the C3 it allows me to carry the P90/1 in a spare carrier for easy swapping.

I just put in another order for a P60L for my G2 again though. Hang in there and hopefully both of ours will show up soon.

M

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I will, of course, laugh my tail off if the E1B won't take rechargeables.

-Steve

Running on one CR123 the E1B will have a constant current boost regulator and will probably not like the larger 3.6-4.2 volt rechargeables, though maybe it will handle an RCR123.

Bill

WDR65

Enlightened
This one looks interesting. I don't think it will replace my L1 that I keep in my truck, but it might end up being the actual backup for the L4 that I carry in my coat pockets. Looking forward to trying one out, though I'm not holding my breath.

segan

Newly Enlightened
Man I was seriously thinking about getting an L1 when I stumbled across this thread. Looks like I'll have to wait and see what the E1B offers. 5/80 lumens is just about perfect for me. I was just thinking that a low of 10 lumens was a bit bright for me. Plus HA Black is super sleek :D

Nathan

Enlightened
This light seems to have a great combination of features, but I'm most interested in the switching mechanism. As smooth and well-designed as the A2/L1/L2 dual mode switching is, it does take a few seconds to turn to go from constant-on low to constant-on high (and vice versa). I'm hoping the E1B's tailcap will be quicker to operate. I'm definitely in for one.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not the first time this has happened - pages have been published too early by mistake and then taken down. I can't remember which product it was though.

This sounds like the Canon/Nikon teaser strategy. Before a major release, they "accidentally" publish it on one of their international websites for a day before taking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.