SUREFIRE EDCL-2T

jellydonut

Enlightened
It would have to be a different light altogether, as the EDCL2-T's body is way too thin to accommodate an 18650.

Best bet would be to put a gas pedal switch on the Fury Dual-Fuel.

Yes, it wouldn't be an EDCL variant, it would just be the M600 DF with a two-stage momentary and the whole Scout Light mounting system removed from the design in favor of a plain old tube (with, of course, a two-way pocket clip).

The M600 DF has a design that is slimmer and better looking than the Fury (at least in my opinion) so I certainly hope they go that route vs. placing a new switch on the Fury design. I'm not sure if I would buy the latter.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would have to be a different light altogether, as the EDCL2-T's body is way too thin to accommodate an 18650.

My friend according to my drawings made a body for 2 * 18650 for the head EB2. Everything worked perfectly, the main thing - that the EDCL2T had a long enough spring in the head to get the batteries. I mean, that on the body that turned out, EB2 worked perfectly, but the head from LX2 and E2D of 200 lm did not work, as there was no spring in the head, there was no contact.

Or think about it
https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.c...edium=onsite&utm_campaign=raslnewarrival&fp=1
but there will be only 1 high mode, so it does not make much sense in this particular case

Last edited:

Slightchance

Newly Enlightened
I have been really enjoying this light. It weighs a good deal less than my Malkoffs and Elzettas I normally carry. As has been said before, the clip has a lot to be desired.

If they can keep a similar form factor and use 18650s, I would have to buy it.

I also agree a de-weapon light version of the M600 DF would be more edc friendly than the DF Fury. Especially if it has the same switch. I can tolerate more length than width in my pocket.

blacksmith

Newly Enlightened
I finally got a Scout to replace my old Vampire weapon light. It's a great upgrade, half the size and twice the power. Swapped the rings around with the EDCL. The DS00 switch is great but no one seems to run them on the Scouts :thinking:

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
Are there any clicky switches that work with this light?

I am am working my way through the thread so I apologize if it's been covered already.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Post 285 mentions the light working with 16340's. Kinda got lost in the weeds when nit-pickers started picking nits about CD....

Sorry to reply to old post, dig up resolved bs, but I'm only halfway thru this thread. So I don't quite understand the nits about kcd: it was supposed to be 24kcd but instead it is 50kcd? How bright is it when the batteries are at half capacity? When the cells are completely dead? Is it possible 24kcd is an average?

Perhaps the protection circuitry of K2's are saying "no way dude"....

I have never seen LiFePO4 with a protection circuit. And though Surefire product seems mostly designed for and geared towards primary... it would probably be nearly effortless for Surefire (and the rest of the damn industry) to have built-in low voltage cut-off. But let's not get too deep into criticism... nothing is perfect.

FWIW, looks like K2 Energy LFP123A 600mAh cells are available at Walmart's site, & NewEgg, Amazon. I don't see an HKJ review for them, but he tested their 500mAh 14500, and they may grant 3/4 capacity at 3A. I really don't think they are a great choice to match with EDCL-2T. If it wants 3A, IMR is probably the best match with secondaries.

First I heard of these K2 16mm cells, though... that Surefire used to sell them off their site and still sells via customer service request. I was under the impression most 16mm LiFePO4 (other than the unavailable blue AW) sort of sucked... how do they do at 2A? 1A? Sorry ot question: can they be used to power incan E2e?

Warning: the following will void your warranty. It says so right on Surefires site.
All parts will swap with an EB2 and some other E series.

Awesome. Thanks for posting that.

Last edited:

DustDynamics

Newly Enlightened
Something I didn't know until I was able to test was how the 1200 lumen TIR compared to larger Fresnel in 800-900 lumens. The EDCL-2T is a wall of light as people have said which means a flood with spill VS the Fresnel on the M3LT or M6LT which is a spot with no spill. At distance the lumens can not make up for the focus power of the larger Fresnel lens.
IMG_1822-25.jpg
IMG_1821-25.jpg
IMG_1814-25.jpg
IMG_1815-25.jpg
IMG_1817-25.jpg

Last edited:

Zamp

Newly Enlightened
Posted this on the shot show thread but still trying to get an answer: the EDCL2-T was listed as 24,000 candela with 450m beam distance (which would be about 50kcd) before but now its listed as 11,000 candela in the new catalog. So which is it? Are they changing out the head or was it never either of the higher candela ratings all along?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Posted this on the shot show thread but still trying to get an answer: the EDCL2-T was listed as 24,000 candela with 450m beam distance (which would be about 50kcd) before but now its listed as 11,000 candela in the new catalog. So which is it? Are they changing out the head or was it never either of the higher candela ratings all along?

Never either all along I believe.

SF changed the specs a while after it came out along with other models as they must have made a mistake or something. The new specs are likely the most accurate.

My EDCL1-T box has a sticker over the original specs showing the new specs...

https://i.imgur.com/jg1jlqn.jpg

Last edited:

Zamp

Newly Enlightened
You'd think they would have caught it before printing it thousands of times. That was a big selling point for me at least.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you would think. Not sure what happened there. For me I always go more by beamshots and reviews then specs anyway so I didn't even notice the change until I saw the sticker.

Lightfighter

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Just purchased a new EDCL2-T earlier this afternoon and looking for some help until Surefire opens on Monday. I searched online and this forum, but I have not been able to find a post / article with many issues for this light. For the life of me, it bypasses low lumen output and is high output only. I removed the switch to make sure they installed the correct one and it is. When I turn the switch to constant on, it goes to high output immediately. If I keep twisting, it will blink again into high output. Only then if I rotate it backward will it go into low output mode. However, if I keep twisting backward, it will go back into high output before turning off and back into momentary only. No other way I can get it into low output mode.

For my uses at work, it is not terrible that I get 1200 lumen output instantly and always, but I will go through batteries quickly and I want the light to function properly. Have any of you guys ran into this issue and / or know of the cause and a fix without having to go through Surefire RMA? I assume it is an issue with the switch correct? Hopefully it is a simple remedy. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Be well and stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello @Lightfighter , your post above has been approved.

The "threading" system used here on CPF is a little bit old school and works best if titles on existing threads are not changed, so I've corrected that on your post.

Thanks and cheers !

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When twisted to constant on it prompts to high.

The 'gas pedal' tail cap allows low to occur when slightly pressed. Press it harder for high like an accelorator peddle.
There is no way to have a constant low with this one as it comes from the factory.

ch4ins4w

Newly Enlightened
Mine will do constant-on low output with a slight turn of the tailcap. Did you try cleaning the threads on both the tailcap and the body? Clean and lightly lube.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I stand corrected.
It can stay on low. I put my gas pedal on a EB1c for a gas pedal on that one and use a clicky locked to on and twist for on/off for my 2T and that only does high now.

I'd forgotten it can do a constant low. Thanks for the reminder and for setting the record straight chainsaw.

Crushmaster

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up one of these and love it. The switch works like a dream. My only knock is that the clip seems a little loose (as in sticking to your pocket). How have others' experiences been with it? It's odd because it's not terribly loose, but just loose enough that it makes me feel uncomfortable. 🤔