Surefire forend suggestions for Short Barrel 870

morlock

Newly Enlightened
Good afternoon. Hopefully someone here can advise me on this fairly strange request.

I'm going to be purchasing a Surefire forend for my short barrel 870 shotgun (probably the 618FA). From most pictures I've seen, the light will stick out past the barrel on a 14" SBS. See the below link for example.

http://sbsreview.net/Article_Detail.php?g=content1199233988

So, I've spent my $200 tax stamp for that 4 inches, I don't want to give up even that much, so I was thinking about ways to get a 1xcr123 setup in the 618FA and put a M30 in. Can anyone recommend a body or adapter for the 618 or like forend to get me close?
Thanks
-Paul

morlock

Newly Enlightened
S15's,

I didn't even know Surefire was making the LED assembly. Checked their site out, and sure enough... pricey though, but it does say surefire on it.
Tell me more about the l30, I haven't heard of it before. Will it screw into the 618 assembly directly?

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
have a rail on it? 1inch rings will a 6p or simmilar

or get a short rail and mount it to the pump

Size15's

Flashaholic
The H18 dedicated forend WeaponLight Housing Body has female threads to accept Classic Lamp Modules.
The L60 is the 6V Lamp Module that when screwed into the Housing Body holds two-SF123As.
The L60 comprises of a Z32 shock-isolated bezel, P60 Lamp Assembly and the L60 Lamp Module Housing Body.

The L30 is the same except it has a Lamp Module Adapter Collar because it's R30 Lamp Assembly needs but one SF123A.
SureFire also had an L36 which featured a P60 so offset or dual adapters could be inserted between the Lamp Module and the 6V body. They could even do an L39 with a P90...
I mention this because the LU60 Lamp Module is the Millennium Series version of the L36 and may be easier to find if you want to go aftermarket rather than the LM1 or LM2.