Surefire G2/3 LED.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will later. Just fyi, that's the M60, not the M60L. The beam patterns are identical but there's about 100 lumens in between them :)

rmorgan84

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, i am thiking of gettng the M60 instead of the L and putting it in a G3 to close the gap on battery life comapred to putting it in to a G2.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just be aware the running the M60 (and any full power 180+ lumen cree/seoul dropin) can result in damage to the module if run in a polymer bodied light for too long. A few minutes at a time is no problem, but on Malkoff's website he states that more than 15 minutes at a time may damage the M60 in a plastic light.

rmorgan84

Newly Enlightened
Just be aware the running the M60 (and any full power 180+ lumen cree/seoul dropin) can result in damage to the module if run in a polymer bodied light for too long. A few minutes at a time is no problem, but on Malkoff's website he states that more than 15 minutes at a time may damage the M60 in a plastic light.

In that case i'll get the 9P!:)

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome :thumbsup: Depending on the weather tonight I'll take some beamshots of the M60 and some other lights outdoors at 100+ foot ranges.

GPB

Enlightened
You may also want to look into the Bug Out Gear drop ins. They come in 3 brightness levels ( premium, premium plus, super premium ) but since they all have such similar run times, I'd go for the high powered one. I have one and I love it. Also, sometime this year Surefire will be coming out with a 200 lumen drop in. No one seems to know when it will be available, or how much it will cost....but its supposed to be out this year, and of course the quality/dependability level will be exceptional.

rmorgan84

Newly Enlightened
You may also want to look into the Bug Out Gear drop ins. They come in 3 brightness levels ( premium, premium plus, super premium ) but since they all have such similar run times, I'd go for the high powered one. I have one and I love it. Also, sometime this year Surefire will be coming out with a 200 lumen drop in. No one seems to know when it will be available, or how much it will cost....but its supposed to be out this year, and of course the quality/dependability level will be exceptional.

Any educated guesses as to what the battery life is gonna be like?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There's a thread stickied on this forum about P60 style/size drop-ins.

If you want it to work in the 9P, look for a minimal of 9v input.

As for runtime of the BOG drop-in, I'd say 2 hours conservative or 3 hours max.

If you want a good lower priced start, I'd get this(DX has international shipping included in the price). If you want to start with what most regard as the best, get this.

:welcome:

Last edited:

Brigadier

Enlightened
I put a SureFire P60L in my G2 due to it being thermally regulated and runtime plots showed about 4-4.5 hrs of regulated run time, IIRC.

GPB

Enlightened
BOG's website says 3+ hours run time for the Super Premium drop in. I use mine in pretty short bursts so it never really heats up, and its hard to tell how long I've had it on.