Surefire - it is a sickness

Force Attuned

Enlightened
Oh my. Received my first Surefire yesterday, an LX2. Wow. I've been lusting after an E1B and, you guessed it, one day later I succumbed to the temptation and the E1B will be here tomorrow - overnight shipping!

It Arrived

I gushed

My Fenix L1D Q5 will assume new duties as a car flashlight.

If I were in the military or a law enforcement officer, it might be understandable, but I'm just Joe Schmuck who has been bitten by this curious sickness!! And an E2DL is SCREAMING at me!! Buy me, buy me!

I know I am not alone - where can I find therapy? I know - perhaps another Surefire....

:devil:

Sorry Buddy, you won't get over your sickness until you buy a Hellfighter like DeFabricata!! :grin2:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even then resistance is futile..:devil:

Monday I just ordered 2 T1A Titans...:ohgeez:

Symptoms may subside short term, but the effects come back worse than before due to new strains being released from the factory every few months. :green::sick2:..:faint:..:broke:..:ohgeez:

Surefire-itis is highly contagious:sick:..proceed with caution .:duh2:

Dobbler

Enlightened
:wow:

Ok, I gotta ask just how much that collection is worth?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow:

Ok, I gotta ask just how much that collection is worth?

Even I don't want to know..:crackup:
I'd probably punch myself in the face if I added it all up:ohgeez:
I sold off a large portion of it recently, but just end up buying more..:confused:

My name is Tim, & I'm a flashaholic and have contracted Surefire-itis.
No support group can help me at this point, I'm too far gone:sick:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my. Received my first Surefire yesterday, an LX2. Wow. I've been lusting after an E1B and, you guessed it, one day later I succumbed to the temptation and the E1B will be here tomorrow - overnight shipping!

It Arrived

I gushed

My Fenix L1D Q5 will assume new duties as a car flashlight.

If I were in the military or a law enforcement officer, it might be understandable, but I'm just Joe Schmuck who has been bitten by this curious sickness!! And an E2DL is SCREAMING at me!! Buy me, buy me!

I know I am not alone - where can I find therapy? I know - perhaps another Surefire....

:devil:

Great first buy! Being a little more strapped for cash, I bought a G2 on a whim (it looked like a well built light, and I was a quality junkie)...5 years (I think???) later, I have 23, and am looking harder at one's I don't have...DAMN-IT SF, quit releasing such awesome lights!!!

I need help :ironic:

Last edited:

NE450No2

Enlightened
I do not think of Sure Fire as a sickness....

I think of it as CURE for the DARK.:thumbsup::)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my. When I started this thread, I forgot to subscribe so when I just checked back in I discovered (with great delight, I might add) that I was not alone in my affliction. I love quality, but $140 for a 'little' flashlight? $200 for a 'small' flashlight? Have we all lost our minds?

Perhaps not - the sickness is a great thing - the treatment for the sickness is great - you get another Surefire. I remember one post from another thread where the writer wisely said, "Nothing like unpacking a new Surefire..."

So true.

So now I can add one more to my collection. I ordered the LX2 Friday, got it Tuesday, ordered the E1B yesterday and sprang for overnight shipping (only $4) and here's my second SF!

IMG_2230.jpg

So - if my fate is to be the same as DeFABRICATA, I guess the only thing I can do is look forward to and ENJOY the ride!!!!

American quality - gotta love it! ;)

ugrey

Enlightened
Some of you guys are SICK!

Just like me. (See my list below)

Aint it FUN!! :)

Last edited:

NE450No2

Enlightened
I have been using Sure Fires since they first came out.

I have over 30 of them, from one cell to the M6.

I used them daily when I was "On the Job", and when camping, hunting etc. Now I am retired, living in the country, and I use them "nightly".

I have NEVER had one fail. Sure I have used up batteries, burned out bulbs, but the first two P60's that I bought are still going strong.

I have used them from Texas to Alaska, Canada, and Africa.

I have an E1e, that I have washed at least 3 times...

Again I say, Sure Fire is not a Sickness.... It is a CURE.:thumbsup:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Sure Fires since they first came out.

I have over 30 of them, from one cell to the M6.

I used them daily when I was "On the Job", and when camping, hunting etc. Now I am retired, living in the country, and I use them "nightly".

I have NEVER had one fail. Sure I have used up batteries, burned out bulbs, but the first two P60's that I bought are still going strong.

I have used them from Texas to Alaska, Canada, and Africa.

I have an E1e, that I have washed at least 3 times...

Again I say, Sure Fire is not a Sickness.... It is a CURE.:thumbsup:

:ohgeez:

ive been resisting the surefires,

but that is a great sales pitch.:broke: