Surefire KL1 head

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necro thread...

I just received a KL1 head [non-ribbed, looks quite like the KX1/2 except for domed lens and optic] and had a few questions.

Does anyone have any shots fo the inside of the head, with and without the optic? I'm wondering if there is a screw-in collar supporting the optic [like in the current KX1/2, etc], allowing the front head/bezel to be turned to focus, without the optic moving around inside the head. I'd like to go ahead and replace the Luxeon I with a neutral white XP-E, or XP-G, [I think I'll try both and see what beam pattern I prefer, I'l admit I like little pocket-throwers best so it'll probably end up the XP-E].

Also, does anyone know of any multi-mode .8-4.2v drivers that would fit nicely in place of the stock one? 2, 3 modes, no flashing?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necro thread...

I just received a KL1 head [non-ribbed, looks quite like the KX1/2 except for domed lens and optic] and had a few questions.

Does anyone have any shots fo the inside of the head, with and without the optic? I'm wondering if there is a screw-in collar supporting the optic [like in the current KX1/2, etc], allowing the front head/bezel to be turned to focus, without the optic moving around inside the head. I'd like to go ahead and replace the Luxeon I with a neutral white XP-E, or XP-G, [I think I'll try both and see what beam pattern I prefer, I'l admit I like little pocket-throwers best so it'll probably end up the XP-E].

Also, does anyone know of any multi-mode .8-4.2v drivers that would fit nicely in place of the stock one? 2, 3 modes, no flashing?

Bumping for an answer