• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SureFire L4 (KL4) owners only

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ditto on the "tail-standing/guarded switch/button attatchment/tripod hole"!!!!!

Hmmm, seems I'm still waiting for one of those that fits "another one" of my handy torches! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Darell,
How times change!! I recall when a certain major weenie had taken to calling me McClickie due to my relentless quest for a "clickie". In a relatively short period of time, I was taking the Z57 clickies and removing the clickie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Sigman,
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I am guessing correctly as to the reference you have made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh yep, I'm sure we're on "the same road"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I'd still buy a couple if they were available, though I did see one in a pic from the "competition".

Don, do you have anything like that perhaps, oh...let's say, threaded for an ARC 4+ and an ARC LS?

Kabible

Enlightened
The 15 ohm switch in my L4 w/Pila, gives just the right amount of illumination for working under a dashboard or inside a trunk. The 22 ohm switch in my PR-T 917 TXOJ w/Pila works well for up close pinpoint needs inside the shop. These two lights have now replaced the Stinger I had used for about 8 years at work. Between the 2 beam patterns and 4 lighting levels, they've met every work task need. Plus, the "Cool Factor" is unbeatable.
I'm happy. Thanks Don.

Brian

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sigman,
I leave that in the capable hands of others.....

Brian,
Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bhds

Enlightened
I have my first L4 coming to me in the mail and want to get a 2 stage switch. Have read the threads but I have a couple of questions I need clarified before I order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1. If I order a Mc2es tailcap I can swap the innards/switch module with the stock tailcaps innards? I would prefer the slimmer profile of the stock tailcap.

2. Is the switch module available separately?

3. Can I order different resistored pcb boards and swap them out or do I have to buy a complete switch for every resistance level?

Thanks,
bhds

McGizmo

Flashaholic
bhds,
You can buy the innards from the shoppe and swap out with yours. I have a couple Z57 shells left and can make one into a 2 stage switch for $50 if you want to keep your Z57 intact. I will also sell you extra resistor PCB's seperately, if you would like or you can buy them from the shoppe as well.

bhds

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
bhds,
You can buy the innards from the shoppe and swap out with yours. I have a couple Z57 shells left and can make one into a 2 stage switch for $50 if you want to keep your Z57 intact. I will also sell you extra resistor PCB's seperately, if you would like or you can buy them from the shoppe as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Don!

LSU_fan

Newly Enlightened
Probably a stupid question but how does a 2 stage Z57 work? Or more specifically, how do you switch from high to low? I'm going to order an L4 this weekend and was planning on ordering a Mc2ES but I always like to know what my options are.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
LSU_fan,
a 2 stage Z57 is the same where it counts as the McE2S. The shell or Al cap of the Z57 is used to house the 2S "guts".

bhds

Enlightened
Received my z57 2 stage a couple of days ago. Just 2 words;

Suh-weet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The l4 is so much more useable now. This is the closest to perfection yet. A small powerhouse light that you can use in just about any situation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

External

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo,
Do you still have the Z57 shells?
I want to order a new switch and still keep my old one...

Sam

LSU_fan

Newly Enlightened
Finally got my hands on my McGizmo 2 Stage Z57 (after the mailman delivered it to the wrong address) and it's great. Just wish is was nighttime so I could play with it a little more.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I realized after numerous E-mails that a picture is needed for reference. I have added the pic below to the first post in this thread as well. The line up of L4's starts at the top with the McE2S two stage switch and then the stock Z57 and at the bottom the McE2S-T or "Trim" version of the two stage is shown. Not evident in the picture is a lanyard hole through the side of the switch guard.

L4-options.jpg

~ before some one asks, the engraved "R" in the middle light designates the fact that that particular KL4 is actually a 1W Red now with a DB driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif For sake of illustration, this is not significant! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mr_Dead

Newly Enlightened
FWIW, I have the L4/McE2S 30 ohm combination, I was going for longer burn times on low.

The light on low is plenty adequate for my use- fine for walking in the dark, or reading a page. It's clearly brighter than my Infinity Ultra-G, and also brighter than but more comparable to my Streamlight TT 2L on it's LED setting.

If anyone has charted this combination I haven't seen it, but I'm assuming something roughly between 22 and 60.

BobVA

Enlightened
Just to chime in, I've got a 60 ohm I'm using with a bare Li-Ion in my L4. It produces about the same amount of light as an ARC AAA - great for not wrecking night vision or making a spectacle when you just need a little light.

I've got a couple of other resistor boards to experiment with, but I generally use high power for most everything else, so I'll probably leave the 60 in there.

Cheers,
Bob