Surefire LumaMax LX2 - should I buy it ?

iapyx

Enlightened
Re: Surefire LumaMax LX2

Yes, buy the LX2.
Although I find the U2 the best concept and design, the LX2 is more EDC-able. And the output is fantastic.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, buy the LX2.
Although I find the U2 the best concept and design, the LX2 is more EDC-able. And the output is fantastic.

I tend to agree and if I could have a E2DL and a selector ring for output like the U2 that would be my dream Surefire.

pulstar

Enlightened

I would highly recommend LX2! It's perfect for EDC, i really like two-way pocket clip. It throws further and shines brighter than ANY 200-250 lumen flashlight! Well, just a little teaser (and showoff..:sssh::)) :

minidsc02548.jpg

boloson

Newly Enlightened

I would highly recommend LX2! It's perfect for EDC, i really like two-way pocket clip. It throws further and shines brighter than ANY 200-250 lumen flashlight! Well, just a little teaser (and showoff..:sssh::)) :

minidsc02548.jpg

can u tell me where u bought that battery carrier? i'm looking for 1 that wil hold 18650's

Size15's

Flashaholic

That's a SureFire SC3 - it holds four SF123A batteries, and can also hold an MN01/MN02/MN03 or MA02 Lamp Assembly

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened

minidsc02548.jpg
Nice pic thanks. I'll be ordering as soon as my CC closes Middle of next Month.

umc

Enlightened

Just tried to place an order (3/29), and it's no longer available. :mecry:

That's not what I wanted to hear. I planned on ordering mine from REI in the next couple of days. :mecry:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting. I had one in my "shopping cart" from this morning - went to check out and *poof* it's gone! They must have sold out their inventory.

umc

Enlightened

Interesting. I had one in my "shopping cart" from this morning - went to check out and *poof* it's gone! They must have sold out their inventory.

They did, I just called and they lady said they are gone and they don't show any coming in, I asked if that meant ever and she said that she didn't show anything for the next 3 months.

This sucks because I have 225.00 free dollars to use at REI and with their 20% off I was going to be good to go. Now I'm pissed I waited too long to pull the trigger. Grrrrrrrrr a free LX2. :(

Last edited:

stallion2

Enlightened

They did, I just called and they lady said they are gone and they don't show any coming in, I asked if that meant ever and she said that she didn't show anything for the next 3 months.

This sucks because I have 225.00 free dollars to use at REI and with their 20% off I was going to be good to go. Now I'm pissed I waited too long to pull the trigger. Grrrrrrrrr a free LX2. :(

if you were chomping at the bit to part w/ $160 ("free") then why sweat $200. if you own or have owned all those SF's posted in your signature then why beat yourself up over this? i say get it because the chances are overwhelming that you'll never regret it. if you do then sell it...it wouldn't be tough to make +90% of your money back selling it here. hell, if you had bought it w/ that ridiculous discount then you could have easily made money selling it. seriously, $160 vs $200....at that amount, whats the difference, especially when you have $225 gift money?

stallion2

Enlightened

Batteries??? :thinking:

i'm not sure i follow. how are batteries an issue unless you're comparing 2 or more lights? regardless, SF's tend to be pretty efficient vs competition so even then a $40 difference is consumed in less than 3 full cycles.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'm not sure i follow. how are batteries an issue unless you're comparing 2 or more lights? regardless, SF's tend to be pretty efficient vs competition so even then a $40 difference is consumed in less than 3 full cycles.
I meant having the difference in cost reserved for the purchase of batteries.

I buy my SF batteries in boxes. The last time I bought 2 boxes of 24 pcs at one go from my local dealer. But my LX2 just seems to consume them in such a slow pace. For 3 to 4 months I have only used 6 batteries and I EDC the LX2 daily! :eek: Well, I use the low mode most of the time which is good enough for 90% of my needs. Only used the high mode for momentary burst.

umc

Enlightened

if you were chomping at the bit to part w/ $160 ("free") then why sweat $200. if you own or have owned all those SF's posted in your signature then why beat yourself up over this? i say get it because the chances are overwhelming that you'll never regret it. if you do then sell it...it wouldn't be tough to make +90% of your money back selling it here. hell, if you had bought it w/ that ridiculous discount then you could have easily made money selling it. seriously, $160 vs $200....at that amount, whats the difference, especially when you have $225 gift money?

I still own all the lights in my sig an the reason I'm beating myself up is because I will own a LX2 but now I'm going to have to pay for it whereas before I was going to use the credit I have on my account at REI. So the 195 (instead of zero) I will be paying for the LX2 is 195 I won't have for anything else, (lights I can't buy at REI)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still own all the lights in my sig an the reason I'm beating myself up is because I will own a LX2 but now I'm going to have to pay for it whereas before I was going to use the credit I have on my account at REI. So the 195 (instead of zero) I will be paying for the LX2 is 195 I won't have for anything else, (lights I can't buy at REI)

Trust me, you wouldn't regret for the LX2. I love my LX2 alot and I think it is so far the best Surefire I have ever owned, even when compared to the M6.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened

REI has the A2L Aviator in stock.:thumbsup:

BigDawg147

Newly Enlightened
LX 2 held one

I finally found someone in my area that had the LX 2 in stock. After playing with it. I know this is the light I want. So within a Month I'll buy this from REI. If they have them in by then. They don't there are others that sell it.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
Re: LX 2 held one

I think you'll be happy with it - it's an excellent light in my opinion. Why not mail order one though, from Battery Junction, Going Gear, or one of the other fine dealers who offer CPF member discounts? (Nothing against REI, they are awesome, but hey, if you are waiting on them anyway, may as well wait on the mail...)