Surefire M6 Battery Holder

dm_graham308

Newly Enlightened
I did a search and could not find a clear explanation of how this works. How does the battery setup work in the M6? I understand the + goes to + and the - goes to -, but how does it run at 9 volts? I always thought that it was 2x123 run 3x parrallel giving more amps and 6v. I know that I'm wrong, but I don't understand how the battery carrier works to produce 9v unless it runs each level in parrallel. I know that I will feel like an idiot when I hear the answer, but I had to ask the question.

Thanks guys

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
What he said ^

Its only 2x CR123 long, but is wired up as 2x stacks of 3x123
i am not sure exactly how it's wired, you may need to do some poking with a multimeter to find which slots are bank A, and which are bank B
my M6 (secondhand from CPFMP, as a body and tailcap only, then a head only) didnt come with a battery carrier, and instead I am running a 2x18650 adapter I also acquired secondhand from the marketplace, running a Lumensfactory 9v bulb

dm_graham308

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I understand how it works now. I don't feel like an idiot after seeing the diagram about how the MB20 works. Thanks again.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I scratched my head the first time I saw it in person as well. But I assumed it had to be wired in some weird series/parallel way depending on the banks.

Latest posts