Surefire Titan T1A

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire Titan T1A - latest news?

Those of you who get it early better post some reviews and opinions!! That way the rest of us can have something to read while we are still waiting.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where did you order from?

After reading the warning in red at the top of the page about discussing commercial matters - I could tell you but, you know the rest...:cool:

sld

Newly Enlightened

According to UPS tracking, it's in the same town as me:twothumbs

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bit the bullet and got one.

Nice form and small package. I like the physical dimensions, as well as the smooth dimming.

However, the beam is too floody. It reminds me of a mini L4 in terms of beam profile, but much more floody. Also, my sample's tint is crappy bluish, which turns everything into a dingy grey when shined upon.

I'm undecided if i'm going to keep it.

Phredd

Enlightened

Nice form and small package. I like the physical dimensions, as well as the smooth dimming.

However, the beam is too floody. It reminds me of a mini L4 in terms of beam profile, but much more floody. Also, my sample's tint is crappy bluish, which turns everything into a dingy grey when shined upon.

CPF rules: The first person to get a new light has to post pictures and beam shots. :)

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast

Where did you get yours from? You are the first person to actually post as having one in hand. I wonder how much longer before we see some reviews.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM me if you want to sell it. :D

I was actually hoping it would be floody, exactly what I want from a keychain light. :thumbsup: Not crazy about the bluish beam but I figured it would be that way since the new L4's are the same way. :(

Bucky

Enlightened

Can you comment further on the beam and brightness? Maybe in comparison to some other 1X123A lights?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

Floody is great in a general purpose light. One of the things that might swing me over to buying one. Frankly I'm sick of all these EDCs with deep reflectors and small spill widths. I don't like the tunnel vision effect.

Do we have dimensions somewhere?

Also is there a Detent at off or at 10 lm?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Floody is great in a general purpose light. One of the things that might swing me over to buying one. Frankly I'm sick of all these EDCs with deep reflectors and small spill widths. I don't like the tunnel vision effect.

Do we have dimensions somewhere?

Also is there a Detent at off or at 10 lm?

Compared to the other 1x123 light I have, a Nitecore, the beams are almost 100% different (floody vs. focused) so I can't really make a comparison.

There is a detent for the "off" position, then the light smoothly ramps up.

-dan

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast

dano,

How is the smoothness in operations? Would you day the "overall" max output is close to the Nitecore - and what about the min setting? Is the min a very low low? Thanks - any questions or observations you can help us with are greatly appreciated and helps while we wait for more to ship.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

dano,

How is the smoothness in operations? Would you day the "overall" max output is close to the Nitecore - and what about the min setting? Is the min a very low low? Thanks - any questions or observations you can help us with are greatly appreciated and helps while we wait for more to ship.

The Nitecore is alot brighter, probably due to the throw factor (reflector, etc). The Titan will go from hardly any output to max output w/out any interruption; it's very smooth both in output and mechanically (the switch doesn't feel gritty).

sld

Newly Enlightened

UPS tracking says "DELIVERED" :D

BUT

It going to be about 12 hours before I finish at work and get home :scowl:

PsychoBunny

Enlightened

Not trying to start a fight here, but is there a legitimate reason why
this little aluminum light costs $240.00?

Does it have a fantastic UI or something?

Or is it just the Surefire name?

I really like this light, but it costs more then the Ti Arc AAA!!

DM51

Flashaholic

Does it have a fantastic UI or something?

Or is it just the Surefire name?

I really like this light, but it costs more then the Ti Arc AAA!!
It is not a matter of legitimacy - it is a matter of what people will be prepared to pay for it. If SF have pitched the price too high, then it won't sell in the volumes they hoped for.

The UI is same as the Ti version (AFAIK) and that was innovative, but the price of the Ti one was based on different factors - mostly the "limited numbered edition" cachet. This is different. Time will tell...

Phredd

Enlightened

Then why don't you start a new thread instead of hijacking this one. Invariably, every thread on the Surefire Titan gets hijacked by someone who just has to point out how expensive it is.