SureFire to Announce New Lights at SHOT Show 2019

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't personally like the Stiletto, but it is actually a pretty adequate size for EDC.

I've been using the Stilleto everyday for a month now. It is a great size, fits the hand perfect, beam is stellar, clip is perfect, (not to tight, not too loose), fits in the pocket fine, easy to program, although mine has found a home with L/M/H.....the battery life is stellar and charges quickly if needed. The momentary switch is very handy and easy to use. Tint is pleasant, not green at all. I have a funny feeling it is a great seller. I know I'll be grabbing the PRO version when it comes out.
The non-replaceable battery is not a factor for me....I don't have that phobia. :devil:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
1xAA already Surefire with the MaxVision reflector
Been waiting for 10 years !!!

And please don't make crazy lumens spacing like 5 and 500 lumens only levels

5 and 50 and 200 lumens

We civilians need a light too

Thank you.

Last edited:

GoVegan

Enlightened
Haha I remember you crying out for this so many times over the years.
Since Dec I was counting the days to Shot Show and really looking forward to what Surefire would release and I was so sure that they'd release the AA backup of a similar AA EDCable light. and I knew you'd go crazy for it. Sadly they seem to be more interested in disposable lights with integrated batteries over the last couple of years.
Their sales are getting killed by Streamlight and their Protac range.

BTW I don't see them doing a medium mode, not for a tactical light with a tailswitch. I do agree that a 200 lumen max would be more than enough light for most, I was even pretty happy with my 70 lumen Protac 1xAA a few years back.

1xAA already Surefire with the MaxVision reflector
Been waiting for 10 years !!!

And please don't make crazy lumens spacing like 5 and 500 lumens only levels

5 and 50 and 200 lumens

We civilians need a light too

Thank you.

Qship1996

Enlightened
Surefire announced Fury intellibeam at show, yet still not available,month after month they push the availability date forward {beginning to wonder if they will ever fix the quality issues plaguing it},now I hear March.18650 USB battery,same B.S., announced and shown on website as available for $16, yet not ready for actually purchasing.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know they have the electronics for it to do it, because they have the Titan 1xAAA. Is the same voltage.
I love my 1xAAA Titan [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]
The form factor and beam on Titan 1xAAA is awesome !!!
I would be perfectly happy with a twisty 1xAA just like the 1xAAA and a clip. No need to have a push button.
And keep the price under $70 please.

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be perfectly happy with a twisty 1xAA just like the 1xAAA and a clip. No need to have a push button.
And keep the price under $70 please.
And the AA light would be even better if it is named E1L-AA, an Outdoorsman 1xAA light with 5 and 50 lumens. A single AA light does not need hundreds of lumens....

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if that's the future of SF's tactical handheld illumination tools then I am not so sure SF has a future. Most of the top low light tactics schools are training with the EDCL1/2-T, Tactician, or D3FT when it comes to SF handhelds. I bet if asked they would strongly disagree that the Stiletto is the future of "tactical handheld illumination tools" lol. I bet tens of thousands of professional users around the world would disagree too depending on usage(it's probably hard to find a place to charge your Stiletto in the middle of a fire fight in Kandahar lol).

In my experience a micro-USB cell charger is a lot easier to find than a CR123A battery in most of the world. Even in a remote Asian village someone will have a cable and a vehicle outlet charger.

I'm also surprised that Surefire has never really made many handheld AA lights. I've got an odd E2L AA DSS that I picked up from the online Surefire Outlet Store last year. It's single mode with a 200 lumen emitter. Was this the end of the line for Surefire handheld AA lights? This light appears to be a variant of the M600 AA DSS Scout weaponlight. And no, it's not for sale at this time, though I've had some generous offers.

Are the aluminum parts on the Stiletto and Stiletto Pro CNC milled or molded like the plastic parts? Both lights seem to have bolts in the case that may allow disassembly for repair or battery change.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience a micro-USB cell charger is a lot easier to find than a CR123A battery in most of the world. Even in a remote Asian village someone will have a cable and a vehicle outlet charger.

I'm also surprised that Surefire has never really made many handheld AA lights. I've got an odd E2L AA DSS that I picked up from the online Surefire Outlet Store last year. It's single mode with a 200 lumen emitter. Was this the end of the line for Surefire handheld AA lights? This light appears to be a variant of the M600 AA DSS Scout weaponlight. And no, it's not for sale at this time, though I've had some generous offers.

Are the aluminum parts on the Stiletto and Stiletto Pro CNC milled or molded like the plastic parts? Both lights seem to have bolts in the case that may allow disassembly for repair or battery change.

That doesn't do you much good if you are somewhere without power. Not to mention you have to have hours to charge it. Then, there is the fact that no device like this can ever be as reliable as a battery and a simple mechanical switch(more complicated equals more things to go wrong). Also, throw field repair out the window with a light like this. In addition, expect a couple of hundred dollar brick in a couple of years when the battery wears out or fails(unless you can find a compatible cell and mod it or SF is going to offer a rebuild service as they only warranty cells for 2 years). Then, there is self discharge to worry about with a design like this... will it turn on when it has been sitting for weeks and you really need it? Will it turn on when it was left in your vehicle in - 35C overnight?

I could go on but, I think you get my point. Imo lights like the Stiletto will/should never become the future for tactical lighting. Having the option to run both primaries and rechargeables will always be a better option then being bound to a built in battery. This holds true with any product, not just tactical flashlights, imo.

Nephron44

Enlightened
Thanks for the pointer.
For $50 I am expecting a clip that attaches to the body with two screws. The snap clip in the picture does not inspire confidence.

I don't have a maratac, but I have plenty of Streamlights with snap clips, and I have never had one come off unintentionally.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They now make a DF scout light (M600DF) so why is there no handheld DF E-series light?
Probably because the body has to be larger to fit an 18mm cell(with proper wall thickness) making it a bit fuggly with the regular E-sized tailcap. Not so bad on a Scout light but, the whole point of E-Series flashlights is giving you a smaller slimmer light then their larger C&M bretheren. The Fury DFT is the light if you want Duel Fuel.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Boy. Not much to get excited about imo. God I miss the old Surefire days😭