Surefire warranty going down the crapper?

BBL

Enlightened
Lobo said:
Are you serious? I was just browsing around the Surefire site and saw the price for Z57. I had no idea, a tailcap that is priced at 37USD(!!!) I would have expected to be the freaking Rolls Royce of tailcaps that could survive a nuclear holocaust!
yes, the Z57's are a never ending, sad story...
but i see it that way: i dont buy a switch - i buy a subscription for switches ... once it fails i'll receive another one :)

Ookpik

Newly Enlightened
JHanko said:
....I was told that the best they could do is send the light back to me as-is. What good is this warranty if they can't honor it? Sorry, need to vent....

Jeff

If they can't fix your light, why don't they give you a refund?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think they will honor a refund as long as you're the one to ask for it and you have a receit. But they'll never just offer it. Why?....who knows. Their customer service representatives all need to go to customer service school. Then all their scripts, responses, and client care processes need to be updated to current standards of business professionalism.

c0t0d0s0

Enlightened
I had to use Surefire warranty recently to replace a failed tailcap in my L1 (all 3 contact springs broke one by one, effectively disabling the High level). Sent them an email, they promptly replied asking for my address and saying that they're currently out of L1/L2/A2 tailcaps, but will send me a replacement in 3 weeks. In exactly 3 weeks, the new tailcap showed up (UPS). I get to keep the old one, too... Me = happy.

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
+1 for no problems with surefire CS... clicky went bad on a E2L (my doing) and surefire rep was told this as well, actually called to see if I could order one from them. rep said no problem, clicky arrived in the mail less than couple weeks later at no charge. sorry to hear about your problems with the L4. I bought one for my dad and I hope it doesn't fail soon since surefire is having a hard time getting parts for those.

Good luck with that... I'd wait till the cree's come out then ask for a replacement/upgrade.

Size15's

Flashaholic
CandlePowerForumsUser said:
... sorry to hear about your problems with the L4. I bought one for my dad and I hope it doesn't fail soon since surefire is having a hard time getting parts for those.

Good luck with that... I'd wait till the cree's come out then ask for a replacement/upgrade.
Note that SureFire have stated no plans to update the KL4 bezel with a Cree XR-E LED.

Geologist

Enlightened
I called SF for the second time in two years regarding a problem with a lamp module. No questions asked they said they would put it in the mail.

Not sure if this already been mentioned - but I would imagine a lot of their resources are being tapped due to the ongoing military operations - I would much rather wait on something that I know they will eventually make right versus depriving someone of a light in a combat zone that might save lives. Many of us here have more than one good quality light - so doing without the one sent for repair is not the end of thing. Plus it helps justify buying another ;).

Good luck getting your light back soon though - it can always be a headache!

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
Has Surefire ever not taken care of anybody regardless of the time it takes for them to take care of your problem?

Streamer

Enlightened
EVAN_TAD said:
Has Surefire ever not taken care of anybody regardless of the time it takes for them to take care of your problem?

Yeh, the very first poster in this thread; user name JHANKO, who NEVER got his light repaired. This is unacceptable. He should have at least been GIVEN a comparable light for all the trouble. The best they could do was return the light 'AS IS"??
:thumbsdow
The
Crapper

Last edited:

firefly99

Enlightened
Gator762 said:
You may want to call LApolicegear to verify it's in stock. A five second Google search brought them up, availability is listed at "Usually ships the same business day." Linky for info:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/sul4lu.html?gclid=CPfmxrLVnIsCFRBCgQodcgVkQQ

Pardon my French, but that is ALL SORTS of BS leaving you high an dry with your warranty while they seem to be able to find the LEDs when someone is waving cash in their face.
Gator762,
Surefire and LApolicegear is two different company with their own separate inventory. The manufacturer may be out of stock for certain popular items. While the dealer has stock.

Just because we are paying them 200~300 dollars of our hard earned money for a flashlight. Remember this amount of money pale when compare to what Uncle SAM is paying.

Dealing with Surefire warranty, you need the patience of a Saint. Recently I had waited 6 weeks for a P61 lamp.

Supernam

Enlightened
I live like 10 minutes away from the SF factory. If you guys want, I can hand deliver a printed copy of this thread to them.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supernam said:
I live like 10 minutes away from the SF factory. If you guys want, I can hand deliver a printed copy of this thread to them.
Doing a "Martin Luther" might be a little too dramatic.:)

Supernam

Enlightened
lol, it'd be kinda fun though. Anyway, I tried to call SF and was second in line according to their automated system. I was given the option to punch in my phone number and have them call me back. It never happend.

gregflier

Newly Enlightened
Cheers surefire

I got my new A2 from Tacticalsupply.com a few days ago and noticed the lamp assembly wasn't perfectly straight when looking through the window. After taking the head off and looking at the bulb, I noticed it wasn't square. It was leaning to one side. The beam wasn't to bad, but there seemed to be more spill on one side of the "A2 football" then the other. The picture below shows the lamp resting on top of a a jetbeam tube.

a2lamp.jpg

I called up surefire and was talking to someone in tech support within a minute. He immeadiatly told me he would send me a new lamp.

Greg

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
SF could lower prices if their plan (as it seems) is to lower service or they could reduce their WRITTEN warranty to something that is a more realistic portrayal of reality. At least people would know what they are buying. The war has been going on long enough that SF's actions appear to be a conscious lowering of service level IMO with no price adjustment and without putting it in writing. At this point, I don't think they can keep waving the flag in order to avoid their obligations to other paying customers. They need to figure out the customer service equation or change their WRITTEN warranty policy.