Surefire Z2 -> LED

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Surefire Z2

Ah the old "Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?" thread! Starting that epic thread has been the highlight of my career here! lovecpf

Anyway, Ive been away for a while but have recently come back to the bright side. I absolutely love the Z series lights and find it the sexiest of the "P60" style lights. I still have the lights that are in that "addicts" thread, but I have since changed the drop in to keep up with the times. Great platform for that...

Welcome back, you were missed !

One of the best things that you can do to both increase runtime and output would be to bore the light for giant 18mm cells so that you can run 2 X 18350, 1 X 18650 rechargeables. This gives you more options and flexibility as to which drop ins you can run. 18mm cells are awesome.

Although I am not generally enthusiastic about boring (now discontinued) SF hosts, for a variety of reasons, this does increase battery choices.

.... Spring for the quality drop ins! .... In short, the options are numerous. The best part is that you can have a low but long lasting drop in for when the power goes out and you can have a fire starter for when you wanna blind something... All in the same light. P60s are great for this and the Z-series in my opinion looks the best doing it. There are a ton of things for "aesthetics" as well as performance to add to the fun as well....

Great advice here, cheers ! :)

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big can of worms here but my suggestion is the simple and rock solid approach.
Get a Malkoff M61N or M61NL (I'd probably go the L variety) and Xeno steel bezel (if your head is of the removable bezel variety) and power it with a Keeppower 16650. With a possible McClicky kit installation and UCL lens for consideration.
I love triples, high amps and multi modes etc but for an un-bored old light I think the above is the go and will make an excellent and reliable general use light.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big can of worms here but my suggestion is the simple and rock solid approach.
Get a Malkoff M61N or M61NL (I'd probably go the L variety) and Xeno steel bezel (if your head is of the removable bezel variety) and power it with a Keeppower 16650.
I have an M61N in my Z2 with a 16650. It's a lovely light. At the moment I'm stickung with the stock switch as I'm enjoying the momentary option around the house.
P