Tapatalk is fantastic

DJM

Newly Enlightened
I'm not seeing anything but boxes with numbers inside for all of these smilies.

I've actually thought of starting a thread about the addition to every post that amount to nothing more than free advertising and an annoyance. It would be ridiculous for all of the rest of us to start adding the same useless information, although the software and device sellers would be happy.

Sent using Windows 7 Ultimate version from Fujitsu Biblo Loox R/D70 over WiFi connection and typed by hand.

I can't see the smiles in your post but boxes as you describe. I don't think anyone is attempting to advertise anything in particular, the thread is about tapatalk which is a mobile application which allows access to forums when we're not able to access a PC. I'm guessing that whether smiles display properly is dependent upon the device used and the appropriate keyboard saved onto the device.
It's obviously a pointless exercise using emoji icons if only a few can see them, thanks for pointing this out.

neal71

Newly Enlightened
If you are using tapatalk you could always just post a real picture.
44f0e09b-f515-0a4b.jpg
(happy) or (taking a hit of acid) I see it going both ways.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
There's already one... It degenerated quickly into pointlessness.

Sent using a cucumber, and the ability to decode hexadecimal in my head.
LOL!

What brand is that cucumber and can you send me a PDF with instructions on how to accomplish the decoding while riding a unicycle?

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cucumber is homegrown, and a custom breed. As for the unicycle, you're on your own :)

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you remove subscribed threads from Tapatalk? The threads I have removed from my subscription list on CPF still show up on Tapatalk.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
For the marketplace do a search for 'cpf marketplace' and you should find it :)

Just upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy SII so lost Tapatalk so bought it for £1.99 this time then found it for free on the Samsung apps marketplace! Oh well, I've supported the developer by buying the app, and certainly get my money's worth out of it! :)

herosemblem

Enlightened
:wave:Hey, so I have tapatalk and didn't know it until I read this thread . . . but I don't see how to get the Marketplace through tapatalk. . . suggestions? :shrug:

Ive concluded thar tapatalk only supports forums that are android native, and for w/e reason, the cupfuls
Arketllace uses a different system. Excellent kindle fire built in keyboard.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just my phone, or does Tapatalk not support multi-touch pan/zoom? That makes it a bit less useful for me, since my eyesight is beginning to suck...

herosemblem

Enlightened
Is it just my phone, or does Tapatalk not support multi-touch pan/zoom? That makes it a bit less useful for me, since my eyesight is beginning to suck...

Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire does not have the pan-zoom feature.
The internet on my Kindle Fire, does.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, thanks, that's what I thought. I think it's a bit pathetic not to support multitouch at this point, but maybe it will come with an update someday...

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Just got my first smartphone and now also tapatalk.
Trying to learn...
Paid for it but saw now that I could have got it for free at Samsung Apps.
Well, as I said I'm learning and it was only 3 dollars.
Is there a "dollar sign" somewere here on tapatalk?

GunnarGG

Enlightened
$ - that's what I looked for.
I'm back on my computer now.
Maybe I'll find it later on the phone, it's a Samsung Galaxy S2 btw.
I had an older Sony Ericsson before and this android / smartphone thing is all new to me.
There is a million different settings and things I'm trying to learn.
But it's a nice phone and now I can look at CPF on the phone. :)

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
Re: Candlepowerforums iPhone app?

Any updates on this? I just joined cpf and was hoping there would be something optimized for mobile.

Greta

Flashaholic
Re: Candlepowerforums iPhone app?

Any updates on this? I just joined cpf and was hoping there would be something optimized for mobile.

Did you look at your choices of 'skins' at the bottom left of any page? There is a mobile option now and it is great! :D