The Big Bruiser by Elektrolumens, Who has it ?

Viper715

Enlightened
My warm white should be here in a couple of days. I just hope my batteries arrive before then or it will be a lonely light.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My warm white should be here in a couple of days. I just hope my batteries arrive before then or it will be a lonely light.

Same here, very excited!

I thought ahead of time and ordered a bunch of batteries. Hope Tactical HID re-stocks ASAP!

alex987

Newly Enlightened
i too ordered the big bruiser and it it looks like the imr 26650 batteries are hard to come by at lighthound and tactical hid all sold out does anyone know another source ?
greetings alex

jalal20

Enlightened
i too ordered the big bruiser and it it looks like the imr 26650 batteries are hard to come by at lighthound and tactical hid all sold out does anyone know another source ?
greetings alex
I would highly recommend http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id75.html, they have great customer service and ship immediately, I order all my batteries from there (Oops, they dont have 26650, ive mistaken the 26500 to them, sorry)

on a side note, I am happy that a thread I started with a question of whom has the big bruiser in order to know if I should buy it have grown this much, and I had gone another way with my purchase into macs customs but I still think that wayne makes great lights

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but it's going to be tough getting anything more than a flood from three XMLs from the size of BB's head. As mentioned before it's a "pedal to the metal" light, putting out gobs of lumens.

I bought the SST-90 version. Don't have it in hand yet, but I'm told it's throwier than the XML version.

Nonprophet

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be a thrower, I'm just disappointed that the reflector assembly doesn't do a better job blending the beams for the three emitters.

NP

Sorry but it's going to be tough getting anything more than a flood from three XMLs from the size of BB's head. As mentioned before it's a "pedal to the metal" light, putting out gobs of lumens.

I bought the SST-90 version. Don't have it in hand yet, but I'm told it's throwier than the XML version.

perfor8

Newly Enlightened
Agreed.

I ordered one just this week.

Ordered an extra AW 26650 for $10 +/-. Figured having one battery always charged while one was in the light was a smart idea. As mentioned 2400 otf lumens is a TON of light...not like you're gonna work on the car with it. :duh2:

Where'd ya find the 26650 for $10?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that is correct. Tried searching for it in the AW sales thread over at CPFMP but couldn't find it.

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
First I have 12 of Waynes lights going back to the 8 D cell days! Already have one BB and just ordered another along with a another FireSword. The BB is something I had been begging Wayne to build for 10 years and he finally did. A short, OMG BRIGHT with the run time of 20 to 30 minutes! Just joking around with some of my friends while doing the hunting thing they did not believe me when I told them that this was a weapon in the dark.

When I flashed them one of them actually screamed that he could not see for a few seconds and that it hurt lol. This is not a light for extended use because of the run time BUT for intense light for a short amount of time it is the best I have used and it is built like a Tiger Tank!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Got mine today, very nice. Floodgate monster. One of the coolest looking lights Ive ever seen, with satisfying heft.

For some reason, I had to take a pic with my EDC pistol. Just seems fitting for the "Big Bruiser". :D :rock:

photobucket-3700-1322773447694.jpg

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

PSM: I was wondering but are your leds covered by a diffuser inside? My warm white has it, the best way to describe it is "fly eyeballs", lol. I'm guessing that without the plastic diffuser it might queeze out a little bit more throw.

The BB is beautiful indeed. Wayne definitely hit the nail on the head with this one. I still can't get over how pocketable it is. It even fits in my shirt pocket! I'm a big guy though, so I can get away with it. :)

i believe aw only sells imr 26500 as maximum size or not , does anybody can confirm this ?

A note on the AW 26500: I found the tailcap spring to be very accommodating, therefore I suspect an AW 26500 might work in the Big Bruiser. The only drawback will be its lower capacity, probably yielding 10 minutes of runtime. Please note that I don't own any AW 26500s, so I can't say for sure it'll work.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to be a thrower, I'm just disappointed that the reflector assembly doesn't do a better job blending the beams for the three emitters.

NP

The Big Bruiser is surprisingly throwy. I easily lit up a few apartment buildings 300+ ft away from my house, and the diffused lens on my warm white blends the beams seamlessly. I wonder how well it would do sans diffused lens or even with an SST-90. I hope to find out in a little over 2 weeks. :)

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for telling me! From the pictures over at the MP I was under the impression they were clear optics. I think the diffuser works better anyways so I'm happy!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I should add that we are finally entering an era where LEDs are actually starting to behave like incandescents. I never thought that day would come anytime soon, but I think it's safe to say it's here.

What an amazing time to be a flashaholic. :)

Kif

Enlightened
Got my BB neutral today!
It has a super big hotspot compared to my NB SST-50 4500K dropin.
Temping to get another XML U2 version (if possible!?) :devil:

Viper715

Enlightened
Can someone do some tailcap amp measurements? What is it suppose to draw at the TC? I thought 9 Amos but I may be wrong. I'm getting about 6-7 amps off of a fresh 26650. Although I may be loosing some amps in resistance with the leads to my dmm. No matter what this thing is very very bright. It lights up my whole back yard and my neighbors and my neighbors neighbor. And it's a tank. I love my WW BB.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viper,

Did you get my PM regarding the batteries? :)

I heard it pulls 9A at the TC as well. The thing is bloody bright, Wayne really hit a home run with the diffuser. Blends the beam seamlessly without compromising much throw. It literally feels like a solid chunk of aluminum, and the threading is buttery smooth.

Last edited: