The Big Bruiser by Elektrolumens, Who has it ?

jalal20

Enlightened
I Started this thread because I was about to get one of them, but because of the poor response from owners and their hesitation to provide beamshots not just here but also on the big bruiser thread in elektrolumens category in CPFMarketplace, I got a Tri-EDC as this seems to be a very dis-satisfying light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yup! Mine should be here either tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I do agree that Bruiser owners does not want to take any beamshots. :-(

I will make a new beamshots thread of the bruiser compared to some of my other lights.

mdpvs7

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine about 2 hours ago, delivered to my workplace - had been carrying a 22650 around in my car all week in preparation... It's well-made, and appears to be really bright, even in a well-lit office. If it's not raining too badly tonight, it will go on my nightly rural dog walk with me that I've recently been carrying a custom quad XML 2D (now 2 26650) Maglight made by Vestureofblood on - this is a nice floody light, but only driven at 1.4A (I think) - it will be interesting to compare the two. I'd really like to see a beamshot comparison between the Bruiser and other XML triples such as the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML, the Eagletac M3C4 triple XML, the pending Nitecore TM11, etc.

torcher

Newly Enlightened
Big Bruiser Is Here !

Got my Elektrolumens Big Bruiser today and I really like it. It's a one trick pony but it's a good trick !
I tried to use the 26650 batteries from 4Sevens but no go , I guess the protection circuit in the cells
saw to that . Tried AW 18650 IMR and it fired right up ! Yeah it's bright alright , looks like I'll have to order
me some of the proper cells pronto. Thanks Wayne !

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

groupshot.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Started this thread because I was about to get one of them, but because of the poor response from owners and their hesitation to provide beamshots not just here but also on the big bruiser thread in elektrolumens category in CPFMarketplace, I got a Tri-EDC as this seems to be a very dis-satisfying light.

I think you jumped the gun a little most of us who ordered the BB's have only received them in the last few days. It was not a matter of "poor response and hesitation" It was more like nobody had the light yet.
Got mine yesterday WOW build like a tank totally over the top yet so simple as always from Wayne that's why I like his lights so much.This is one bright floody light it's now my brightest light I have. Thanks Wayne love it.
So guys chillout you will start to see more and more of this beast I am sure.

cheers

Last edited:

Blerv

Newly Enlightened
It's a complete and utter beast. Love mine and won't be letting it go ever. :thumbsup:

berfles

Newly Enlightened
I would really like a comparison between that TK35 and Big Bruiser. The TK35 is currently my brightest light.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
I don't think anyone is ready to do that

And why would that be? Torcher just posted pictures of it sitting next to a TK35 and also a shot of it in action, why wouldn't he be able to compare the two in the near future?

berfles

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that. Looks like the Bruiser is a lot more diffused than I was hoping, I know it's more of a flood light than a thrower but I was hoping it would have a conceivable hotspot at least... Is it really that diffused in person too or was that the video not picking up the correct exposure?

torcher

Newly Enlightened
It's actually quite diffused. I'm currently on vacation in the redwood forest camping and it's a beast of a flood,
At home in the city at close quarters though it definently has a concentration. It's great in companion with the
TK35 for painting the redwood forest at night with my camera at 15 second exposures . I'll post some pics
When I get back, but I'm really likeing it for what it is .

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Big Bruiser today and it is awesome! First off, it is built like a tank...no joke....very solid. I was looking for a light to be a solid wall of brightness and this is it for sure. Very Very Very bright.....I love the Black HA and the Red tail cap button...looks perfect. Wayne did a great job on this light. :thumbsup:

Thanks Wayne,

brandocommando

Enlightened
I just ordered one about 5 minutes ago. I requested a 4500K tint for mine and have to wait till next week just for Wayne to get the LED's in.

It's gonna be a long wait!:hairpull:

This will be my brightest light (so far,) and what a deal with the holiday sale going on.
Get a complete 3X XM-L light for what just some hosts or drop-ins cost... CRAZY.

Last edited:

philsyson

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered 2 of these. They seem incredibly good value especially with the conversion rate ..... £192 for 2!

Can't wait .... about 3 weeks to go!

fonaryk

Newly Enlightened
I bought an EDC/MCE last year and thought that was pretty special,the Big Bruiser makes that seem like a penlight. Simply astounding in every aspect.

Built like a tank with a jaw dropping wall of light and compact enough to toss in your coat pocket. Firesword next to complete my Electro Lumens trilogy.