The Craig Thread - Status, Updates & Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wednesday 5:30am Pacific

Its been a real roller coaster ride for Craig the last couple of days....

Monday I reported that he had experienced a minor event/episode. Well, that's what they thought.. At least one a day, Craig has a ultrasound of brain. The test looks at the circulation in the brain; an occulsion/blockage would normally indicate a brain spasm (a very bad thing).

Craig's test showed that he had a blockage. They had Craig all prepared for a second surgery. He was completely wired, and put under; they were going to place a stent in the blocked artery. LUCKILY just before they were ready to start the procedure, a second ultrasound was taken to confirm the location. NOTHING, NADA, all NORMAL? You know what they say, practice makes perfect.. Since they don't know whats going on, Craig will stay in ICU for at least a few more days for closer observation

The nurse told me that Craig is quite restless and a real pain in the butt (jokingly, meaning he's making a strong comeback; not lying in bed half dead). Think the Punishmentzone, and what he is doing to all the equiptment in ICU.

Timewise, is has been 9 days. I am told it will be another 2-3 weeks before his release

WaltH

Enlightened
Thanks for the update Jeff. 3 days, or 3 weeks, we're all here sending prayers if we're religious, or positive energy if we're not. They both equal the same thing in my opinion.

Lets go folks. Time to kick in donations. We're all quick to plunk 50 bucks down on a new LED this or a another incandescent that...so skip a purchase and put the money toward something really important.

My wife is part of a board with more members than ours. They are trying to raise $700.00 to help someone move from Arizona to Missouri. They've been trying for 2 weeks and not getting a very good response. I told her that if that were CPF, it would be no problem to raise $7000.00 much less $700.00. I hope we come up with even substantially more than that for Craig.
I did not know money was so tight for Craig. I remember a year or so ago he was sending money to someone who got in a little deep in flashlight purchases. Talk about selfless.

Off the soap box.

Hemingray

Enlightened
I've been sending updates to the ICON (Insulator Collectors On the Net) group, as Craig was pretty active there, as well. I alsp pointed them to this site so they can keep up more current than my daily (or every other daily) postings.

Who knows, might add a few new members at the same time...

/ed brown in NH

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Ted Bear, thanks again for keeping us updated, it is greatly apreciated.

I can just imagine what Craig is doing to any device in ICU within his reach that has any kind of an LED indicator on it!

And Craig, we're still all thinking positive thoughts for your fast recovery. Can't wait till you're back!

Hi all. My first post in probably six months. What a topic to come back to! :-(

Craig, my thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery.

I'm just now getting back on the internet after the move and new job here in Ohio. Can't wait to get back to the CPF on a regular basis. It may be a while yet, so I'm hoping Craig will be back before me!

Craig's help and his handling of all my "newbie" questions is one of the main reasons I got involved in CPF. Here's hoping he'll be around for many years to help encourage many more "newbies" in there quest for knowledge.

Best of luck to Craig and his family on a speedy recovery!

Gadget (Mike)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back Gadget. Some of us had thought you were permanently gone.

I agree, not the best circumstances under which to return. I hope we get more good news soon.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to hear from you again Mike! Hope yer doin' well.

-Now all we need is to see Craig post again....

Well....maybe also to see some more new lights too..
blush.gif
icon15.gif

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Oh man, I've been gone for a few days and even was talking about Craig and the LED museum and how he is in a wheel chair and all that. I heard about his earlier collapse and 911 help and thought he was out of the woods. Now I see this - what a bummer.

Craig, may God be with you and bless you and give you healing.
--Ðøug
blink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
If Craig is restless, there ought to be a way to get a cheap used laptop to him (on loan, even) so he can tap into the hopsital's internet connection (I guarantee you they have one), then he could at least read, if not post...just the mind wandering here. Anybody think this is possible?

B@rt

Flashaholic
If possible, and if Craig is up to it of course, this would be a great idea!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

originally posted by Mr Ted Bear,
Its been a real roller coaster ride for Craig the last couple of days....

Craig's test showed that he had a blockage. They had Craig all prepared for a second surgery. He was completely wired, and put under; they were going to place a stent in the blocked artery. LUCKILY just before they were ready to start the procedure, a second ultrasound was taken to confirm the location. NOTHING, NADA, all NORMAL? You know what they say, practice makes perfect.. Since they don't know whats going on, Craig will stay in ICU for at least a few more days for closer observation.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Man, another day of waiting for news...
frown.gif

Positive vibes are being sent continuously.
winkie.jpg

Get well soon Craig!

Bart

Light-Headed

Enlightened
I think that's a great idea Charlie. Does anyone have an old spare laptop that they could loan to Craig for a few weeks? I bet Craig would love that.

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
Craig, Get well soon my friend! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've learned a lot from you and I now own some fantastic lights. Please take care,get some rest,and you will get through this.

Sasha, the check is in the mail.(I like saying that)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thursday 1PM Report..

...and we have late breaking news to report. Keeping fingers crossed, Criag will be moved this afternoon into his own room (he's already been moved to a "holding area"). The importance of this is he is no longer "critical"; instead his status is "recovering". Soon he'll start receiving all kinds of therapy, which they don't offer in ICU.

Ella tells me that everyday is different. Yesterday was a great day for Craig; he was sitting up on his own, feeding himself and quite alert. In fact, he probably cound have taken a call or two. Today is a different story.... he's a bit lackluster, no appetite and not talking much.... not ready for phone calls yet.

One day at a time I guess....

Craig has some other issues. The Housing Authority visited a few days ago in his absence. His apartment failed the inspection.. I was told there are boxes and trash everywhere. This is a call for help. Are there any CPF's in the Seattle area that can assist Craigs mother? At the same time, I told Ella that funds were available to hire a cleaning service. The feeling I got is that Craigs place isn't dirty; just cluttered.... almost as if he needs a moving acompany, not maids service.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest very close supervision of any cleaning contractors, all that expensive equipment and those cool looking flashlights may be very tempting for any not so honest folk.

Would probably be a good idea for at least Ella and one of Craigs friends to be present.

At least Craigs condition is very promising
icon14.gif
, thanks for keeping us up to date.

PS. Is the housing authority aware of Craigs condition (will they give a little more time on compassionate grounds ?

***EDIT***

Just an afterthought, without Craigs express consent I would only do what it takes to pass the housing regulations. I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone tidying up his stuff (I know I wouldn't
smile.gif
)

Lighthouse

Enlightened
>In the best Homer Simpson voice I can muster< D'oh to the 13 power! >wry grin<

While I'd be happy to help out with Mr. Ted Bear's request, unfortunately, like Walt H., I find myself on the wrong ocean, and speaking for myself, as far south of the Mason-Dixon line at one is likely to get while still state side.
frown.gif

Nonetheless, I have been,and will continue to, think positive, while wishing good thoughts towards the diagonal corner of the country.
rolleyes.gif

Rest assured that some particularily HARDLINE positive vibes are directed towards the apparently intractable Housing Authority. Here's hoping that they do indeed have come compassion in Craig's case. Gotta think positive, gotta think positive . . .

Sasha, check email.

Best regards to Craig & Ella.

LH

ps I concur with X-ray's comments 100%.
icon14.gif

WakaWakaBBS

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Thursday 1PM Report..

...and we have late breaking news to report. Keeping fingers crossed, Criag will be moved this afternoon into his own room
The Housing Authority visited a few days ago in his absence. His apartment failed the inspection.. I was told there are boxes and trash everywhere. This is a call for help. he needs a moving acompany, not maids service.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Talked to Ella this late evening. I've set her up with a service that will come in and take out the junk to a truck, and sweep, vaccum, wash the toilet, wash the sink up and straighten up the APT. She is calling the service tonight around 7:00 p.m. to set it up for Monday. She will be there to tell them what goes and what to clean.
It is in great need of a total cleanup she said.

Ella will need money to pay these people.

Craig has Been moved to a 3rd Floor West Room.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.