The "Fall in Love Again with your Novatac" Thread

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
I just got from an overseas trip, my trusty 120P kept me from stumbling over the place and stubbing my toes on midnight toilet trips, one light, one battery and no worries!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am another one who has edced their 120p ever since they got it 18ish months ago
sure i carry other lights, (normal EDC is 120p, FenixP1 and L0P) (p1 as a spare battery carrier and L0p so i can see to change batts :) )
regardless of what i am doing or where i am, my novatac is either on my belt, in my pocket, or in my hand
when im asleep it lives on my bedside table, blinking away, ready to repel the darkness.
mine hasnt even eaten a full 123, it arrived in the mail, i played with it while my AW R123s charged, it hasnt had a non rechargeable in it yet, just rotate/charge the batteries once a month, whether it needs it or not (and i got a spare with me all the time anyway

best light ever, not far off my U2 on high, and dim as a orignal CMG Infinity on low (with a similar runtime - a few days or so)

i still love my 120p

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine. It's my first GO-TO light. I've kept in mind the plan to buy another... especially when the black finish came out. But I figured NovTac was bound to have a new version someday... and the originals can still be found a-plenty.

Now there's a new round coming... same emitter apparently (120 lumens max), but different power factors (2xAA, 2xCR123) and finishes (Silver and "Gold"--Desert Tan). PLUS amazingly lower prices.

If the programming easter egg works on the new lights, I'm snapping up a Desert Tan and a Special Ops!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit (post in wrong thread)

Last edited:

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Other, supposedly "better" lights have come and gone. My 120T just keeps on being perfect. It stays.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a Novatac 120T from CPF Market Place serial number 10006.

Nice light grey colour, NO FLICKERING ON LOW at all!! Lovely tint, perfect condition and function. The Ti clip is wonderful.

What's not to like? Until I read a comment Henry made today regarding the Novatac threads failing with 250 battery changes!!

Oh well, I will have to take extra special care when changing batteries - maybe open the light from the bezel end to share the wear!!

James....

Last edited:

Pöbel

Enlightened
I'm not aware of thread about the novatac threads failing. They probably won't in real life, as long as they are lubed well enough.

Budman231

Enlightened
Anymore Love for the NT 120p ?

With all the RA love going around it seems that the Novatac lights have taken a backseat. I just acquired a NT 120p. I held out due to price but now that I have one I have to say it is currently my favorite EDC. Wish I got one earlier.

Does anyone still love the 120 or has most switched to RA lovers.?

Don't want to miss the boat this time on a great light like the RA.

I have been reading a lot about the RA lights. They sound awesome but I have to say the NT is pushing the limits on size for an EDC. Now the RA is even bigger so is it really practical as an EDC?

I typically do a front pocket carry but it would seem that the RA may be annoyingly big.

I say the new "storm" thread but do agree with everyone that I wish they were made in the USA still.

Bud

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anymore Love for the NT 120p ?

Lots of love here! Still may favorite light. All those with honkin' Clickies or LF with personality disorders are just not cuttin' it. :grin2:

I'm not actually sure why I buy more lights. The NT is a little big to carry some times, but the Clicky is even bigger so it does not solve my biggest issue with the NT. What is maybe the best Clicky feature gets little press on here; and the feature is..... Lockout!

I'll get a Clicky one day, but since I already have NT I'm not really in any hurry. I have the a couple Twisty now so I have an idea of the Clicky feel.

I'll admit the extra Lumens are also prettty nice if you're pickin' up the 140 170 or 200. I don't often need that power though and when I do often other lights are a better solution due to battery, handling, or beam.

:D

Ritch

Enlightened

I have two Ra Clickies and they are really great. They are a bit longer, it makes them handier imho. But I haven't forgotten my NT 120P. I still love it and carry it as EDC alternately.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an 85P from when they were first released and Henry was still with Novatac. I have read and seen some pics that showed some of the subsequent models released after Henry left were not as well made but I do not know if that has changed. I still like mine even though I have a Ra Clicky.

DM51

Flashaholic

My 120P sees a lot of use. It has a SF F04 diffuser on the bezel most of the time - a perfect fit, giving a very good diffuse beam for close distance use.

Latest posts