The "Fall in Love Again with your Novatac" Thread

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anymore Love for the NT 120p ?

My 120P sees a lot of use. It has a SF F04 diffuser on the bezel most of the time - a perfect fit, giving a very good diffuse beam for close distance use.

I gave mine away to a collegue/partner,
I miss it badly............

buickid

Enlightened

Although I'm a big fan of incan lights now :eek: my 120P still goes with me. The ability to dim down to nearly nothing is very useful. When I need bright, the 6P+extender with M30W comes out. The right tool for the job! :grin2:

bushido-sig

Newly Enlightened

If you haven't already, get a tactical switch from Lighthound for you 120P. You'll love it even more. At least I do.

buickid

Enlightened

On my list is 17670 body and tac switch. Some people have a problem pressing the switch, including me, in a hurry.

litetube

Enlightened

I am down to just two lights right now. EX10 for EDC and Nova 120T

For around the house and nightstand and if I know I need a light for trips to the basement or outside I have a 120T hacked to a P with a 17670 tube and an RPM short bezel ring. With the 17670 tube it is a solid handful and feels like a tank. With a lanyard thru the clip hole then around the wrist Iam not afraid of the dark!!!

It's not the brightest light out there anymore but still a good solid light that will last for many many years. Thinking of moving up to an 18650 but I still dont trust that metal strip mod.

Even if lights get 5 times better in output and efficiency I dont think I will ever stop using it. I still pop the 123 cell body on there too . It is to me the perfect example of form and function blending perfectly in a light. I just really like the tapered waist , the knurling ,the simple straightforward tube shaped head and the nice floody beam of the SSC. It's pretty easy to EDC also.

If they upgrade the emitter someday and get more output and better efficency from the electronics AND it is made in the USof A I will buy it.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still EDC my 120P daily. I'm sure Henry's RA lights are cool too, I just don't feel the need for one at the moment.

scottaw

Enlightened

My 120 is from the first batch, and i couldn't tell you a day i haven't carried it since. I tried a Ra, it's a cool light, but i won't upgrade until the NT 240P comes out. A small brightness upgrade isn't worth a bunch of extra cash for me.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still feel that the Novatac is a great light, and I EDC'd one for over a year straight. Now that I have my Clicky's though, I deceided to sell my 120P to a friend and fellow flashoholic.

It wasn't because the Novatac was a bad light, I just like the Clicky a lot more. Mostly personal opinion, but I actually like the added length on the Clicky as my hand does not interfere with the beam when in use.

It's just that for the price, the Ra is REALLY hard to beat. Thats the main reason I always suggest them to people. Unless size is your #1 priority, I'd go Clicky all the way.

Budman231

Enlightened

My 120 is from the first batch, and i couldn't tell you a day i haven't carried it since. I tried a Ra, it's a cool light, but i won't upgrade until the NT 240P comes out. A small brightness upgrade isn't worth a bunch of extra cash for me.

Hmm. 240p? Did i miss something? Hadnt heard of that one..

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's my EDC along with SF L1 ever since I got it. Now that I sold L1 it's my exclusive EDC.

bullterrier

Enlightened

+1 on NT 240P if the will build one.

got mine july 2007 and have EDC since.
only light i have EDC fore so long time.
my.php
my.php

back up lights in rotation EX10 ore Blitz Ti.
and all three together

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

I never leave home with it :)
It is the only light I have a backup of
I will eventually get a Ra Clicky but as StandardBattery said .... Im in no rush

DSC01082.jpg

The gray 120 is my EDC and the black 120 is my spare

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

After I lost my Clicky a few days ago, my Novatac 120P is back in my pocket for a while. No complaints, it tailstands just fine. I wish I hadn't left the clip at home, it keeps the light from rolling off the table whenever I put it on its side. I'm back up in Alaska babysitting a volcano for a couple of days.

See: http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Redoubt.php

I had the previously reported NT panic after doing a battery change in the dark a couple of nights ago. The light did the reset flash but refused to turn on. I tried changing batteries again, everything. Finally, I noticed that the 'slinky' spring had fallen on the floor, I put it back in and all was well.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened

Tried a Ra Clicky then got slated by the maker when I posted a video of it going wrong.
Got a 120p and it's been faultless, a superb little flashlight!

sappyg

Enlightened

the new Ra lights did not make the 120p obsolete. in fact the NT has a lot going for it that Ra does'nt:
1. smaller footprint
2. less weight
3. good clip.
4. better anno
these features become very apparent after EDCing a Ra for a couple of weeks and then switch back to the NT as i did yesterday. the NT is still a very NOW light.

litework

Newly Enlightened

I alternate a 120P with a Ra Clicky Executive and a LiteFlux LF3XT. One of these three lights is always in my pocket. Lately, I've been carrying the 120P.