The "Fall in Love Again with your Novatac" Thread

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anymore Love for the NT 120p ?

the new Ra lights did not make the 120p obsolete. in fact the NT has a lot going for it that Ra does'nt:
1. smaller footprint
2. less weight
3. good clip.
4. better anno
these features become very apparent after EDCing a Ra for a couple of weeks and then switch back to the NT as i did yesterday. the NT is still a very NOW light.

Exactly! A light one uses as an EDC is a complex balance of many factors. The Ra adds some robustness, but at a price, and it is something that is well beyond the needs of most. Some will want it but others are willing to trade it for other benefits.

Ritch

Enlightened
Re: Anymore Love for the NT 120p ?

the new Ra lights did not make the 120p obsolete. in fact the NT has a lot going for it that Ra does'nt:
1. smaller footprint
2. less weight
3. good clip.
4. better anno
these features become very apparent after EDCing a Ra for a couple of weeks and then switch back to the NT as i did yesterday. the NT is still a very NOW light.

+ We can still use our valuable HDS Trit Bezels.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
my novatac has been my edc ever since i got it, it is still the best light for me
i only charge the battery in it once a month too (carry a spare in a Fenix P1Ce though)

mmajunkie

Newly Enlightened
I like my 120P but find the UI very confusing. For that reason my Nitecore Extreme is my EDC.

crocodilo

Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I programmed my 120P to suit me, took the clip off and sanded the bezel to shiny metal. Hasn't left my pocket since.

The reason for this was that my Ra Clicky developed a fail, and I sent it back for repair.

I'l really digging the lighter weight and tail-standing.

primary: 120 lumens
secondary: some 10 lumens?
minimum: 0.08 lumens
maximum: disorientating strobe
simple momentary option: on

Last edited:

mcop10

Newly Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago I programmed my 120P to suit me, took the clip off and sanded the bezel to shiny metal. Hasn't left my pocket since.

The reason for this was that my Ra Clicky developed a fail, and I sent it back for repair.

I'l really digging the lighter weight and tail-standing.

primary: 120 lumens
secondary: some 10 lumens?
minimum: 0.08 lumens
maximum: disorientating strobe
simple momentary option: on
sounds sweet. pics? what did you use for sanding?