• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The HDSRB Project - PREORDER LIVE

Sorry guys, here's the update:

HDSRB Run #2 Update!

I'm excited to announce that machining for the heads is complete and they are being sent for anodizing next week!

We were able to get a custom run of windows (lenses) made at the appropriate diameter in UCL4, which will save the machinist a lot of production time. The first run windows were ground down to the appropriate diameter and took a lot of extra time. The run#2 windows are about .5mm thicker. Shouldn't have much practical effect on anything but I'm just letting everyone know there's a slight difference between runs. The extra thickness is accommodated in the bezel machining so as long as you use a window and bezel from the same run you can attach any head to it.

So anyway, custom windows are in production now and it's looking like everything is lining up to be complete on schedule this run. I'm still not making promises but I'm very optimistic.

I've had a few requests for trit bezels and I'm considering making a handful. Theyre not designed yet so I don't have pricing, but I want to see if you guys will be interested. I assume they they will likely be priced similarly to the Your little cnc shop aftermarket trit bezels that @emarkd organized. Leave a comment if you're interested so I can make that decision.

As a heads up, I'll start sending out the invoices for the balance soon, maybe in a week or two. The plan was to be paid in full before reflectors go into production but they're already in production (surprise!)

I likely won't be ready to charge for trit bezels at that time of invoicing (if they're going to be made), or any other optional accessories (I have a neat idea I think everyone will like) so if those little side quests end up successful you'll have a chance to buy them later, hopefully before shipping.

I want to thank everyone for their patience, you guys are really awesome!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stellar Ozy, thanks a million!

Can't wait!

Just to be difficult- I'd opt for a trit bezel if one existed, but I am neither here nor there about it being a thing. The HDSRB itself is the main thing for me. Curious as to what your idea is.... hard to think of something to add to this sort of setup... I thought of a diffuser, going to see if the FM24 beamshaper fits this guy....

(got my Phreaky Phowl Shot Show shirt on today, fitting day for the announcement!)

Tortie

Newly Enlightened

Id get the one with the trit bezels if it were an option.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have begun sending out the emails for the HDSRB, check your emails over the next few days.

205385775_953565135444753_9122127523337693842_n.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you didn't get in on this or the first run, kick yourself. Kick yourself hard.
Best accessory for the HDS since the 18650 tube.

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

I regretted not buying two the first time, so I made sure to the second. HDS is BIFL, so might as well make sure I'm kitted out for life... right?!

I can't decide whether or not to try and sputter one.... now I just need an 18650 tube!

alitd

Newly Enlightened

/Cough Anybody doesn't want theirs /cough Or, there is an extra /cough:whistle:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a text with a $60 gift card code from Photon Phreaks, anyone else?

The gift card is your credit for the deposit paid. You should have received a separate email with the HDSRB order, click the checkout link on that email and you'll be able to enter gift card code to apply the deposit and pay the balance. Let me know if you have any trouble

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you didn't get in on this or the first run, kick yourself. Kick yourself hard.
Best accessory for the HDS since the 18650 tube.

I somehow missed this comment, thank you!!

The gift card is your credit for the deposit paid. You should have received a separate email with the HDSRB order, click the checkout link on that email and you'll be able to enter gift card code to apply the deposit and pay the balance. Let me know if you have any trouble

For anyone that didnt receive their deposit code yet, they're still going out. I'll make a post when they've all been sent so you don't have to worry if you missed it yet.

JKolmo

Enlightened

Received and paid. Thanks for your efforts and for making this project! Looking forward to this one!

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

All invoices have been sent out, please check your spam folders. Let me know if you didn't receive it and i'll take care of it.
Thank you everyone!! Super excited for this.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW I missed mine totally... I had to search "HDSRB" for some reason for it to show up, none of the other "buzz words" brought it up... strangely.... FWIW

Thank YOU Ozy! This is fantastic, truly a staggering piece of kit, they'll be mythical in a few years time.... it's a total game changer!

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ordered! I'm pretty stoked for this.

Tortie

Newly Enlightened

I am planning to pair this with my upcoming SDR50 and 18350 body. I dont know when I can get my hands on all three but its going to be worth the wait.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Currently have my HDSRB on my 4K XPL Tac w/ CR123 raised button, I gotta say I thought this was going to be a temporary setup but I'm really loving it and it's likely to stay.

I think the one I will probably pair with 18650 and my upcoming sb30 as well Tortie, I have a feeling that will be an awesome light to grab and use anywhere. Heck even the AA tube I'm very excited for with the HDSRB, this thing really opened up how I would like to use an HDS, it is a total game-changer! The second I'll likely keep for future HDS acquisitions, I'd like to find another SS40 Rotary in the distance as that was my original intention for my first HDSRB.