• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

ven

Flashaholic
Great vids Steve, that is one crazy light (eye of sekhmet).................love it! Love the accent to, nice place there steve, i would be out every night.....:cool:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great vids Steve, that is one crazy light (eye of sekhmet).................love it! Love the accent to, nice place there steve, i would be out every night.....:cool:

Haha thanks Mark! I just did these spur of the moment so yeah... just fooling around. I'm a bit of a country bumpkin I guess :laughing:. Not like the Urban Dictionary's definition though.

ven

Flashaholic
Spur of the moment always works best:) Now i just have to figure getting me, my lights over to yours for some cat spotting:cool:

hahoo

Enlightened
^^^ :)

I'll just post this link to my YouTube channel and people can watch what they want. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChKHL5pcy9WIt6HVkNDJUyw

The Eye Of Sekhmet vid also features my 6XLvn. I plan to do one featuring the X65vn cerakota soon too.

These vids are kind of crappy but I'll get better hopefully.

turn your phone sideways next time;)
jk man, good videos, enjoyed em
you need to put wheels on that table now, tow it out in the drive way with your pick up, and do beamshots of every one of em now..
why stop at just a few ?:laughing::D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Please excuse all the poor grammars below...
1f642.png
:)

This summer I visited Ca Mau, the most southern city in Vietnam. What an experience of a lifetime during the short three weeks I was there. Aside from visiting relatives and local attractions one of my small side mission was to deliver $1000 from my Lux Signifer charity to the needy. I rather hand out the funds directly to random individuals than giving it to some organization. There were many encounters but here are the 5 most unique and heart felt experience for me.

1) My cousin countryside house has the most broke down bicycle ever. Rusted chain, loose bottom bracket, brakes barely grab. Everything was wrong with the bike except the tires were fully inflated. So it was ride-able nonetheless haha. My friend and I rode around the local farms across many rice patties. It was a beautiful sight. We did this mid afternoon where everyone was indoor to avoid the sun. It was HOT! On our ride we saw a lady on one of the rice patty working. The patty was about 5-7' lower than street level. She was the only one we saw among all the patties. I thought she was such a hard worker so I came by to converse. She said she loves working and actually gets sick if she stays indoor. We said out goodbyes and moved on. Hours later on our ride it started to rain violently. It rained so hard each drop hurt my face. It rained so hard I can barely see anything in front of me. Many people watch us from their house like we are crazy. Our feet and sandals were covered in mud. The Earth also smelled different as it soaked in the rain. There was no wind so the heavy drops strike us straight from the sky. It was cold for the first time in Viet Nam and I loved it. My friend wanted to continue in the rain so we happily did. The rain lasted a good 30 minutes. After our long adventure we rode back home yet again we saw the same lady on the patty. We came by to talk once again. She came over and I saw she was skinny had darker skin than me. A rare for a Vietnamese compared to me, the darker skin tone I mean. All that sun though. She always smiles although she was went and mostly covered in mud. She does have an accent so I only understand ½ of the things she was saying. Plus it was outdoor and we kind of have to scream to each other. I felt really bad for her so I took out my wallet and pulled out a 500 Dong (22 dollars, about 3-5 days worth of work for the average local) bill to gift to her. The instant she saw the money she said "I am not taking your money" and she turned and walk away. That was the last thing she said to us. At least the last thing we can make out. She continued working with her back to us and it doesn't matter what we said she didn't turn back. I could not stop thinking about her on our ride home.

2) To be continued …

Last edited:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool story, Vinh! And what a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to the rest later on!

ven

Flashaholic
Sounds and looks an amazing place, really does:cool: Great read and can't wait for the next 4 chapters.......vinh is a modern day saint with a heart of gold(or ti,cu):)

stingray3

Enlightened
Sounds like the lady has got alot of pride. Bless her. Looking forward to reading more. :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know if you guys follow up on the blf.. there is a convoy l6 with texas avenger FET driver Narsil firmware.. basically side switch have ramping mode and as well as memory mode... tailswitch also works as turbo mode..

that thing is cool.. in the future, that thing might replace magnetic ring..

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
For you throw fanatics out there, have you looked into Foxfury's BT2+. According to its specs, it pumps out 700 lumens, a whopping 981,000 CD, using 4xAA. Wonder how it manages that with much lower output and smaller head than even your typical hot rod modded throwers.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
turn your phone sideways next time;)
jk man, good videos, enjoyed em
you need to put wheels on that table now, tow it out in the drive way with your pick up, and do beamshots of every one of em now..
why stop at just a few ?:laughing::D

Haha "your pickup" :laughing: I gotta get one now for sure.

Are videos better when turning the phone sideways? I'll have to experiment with that when I do my comparison vid of the X65vn cerakota vs. the TK75vnQ70 !

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely prefer horizontal videos! So much easier to watch on a computer with less wasted space on the screen. :) And on a phone you can still tilt it sideways.