The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
" Friends don't let friends buy AT. "

Lmao. That's funny. but please let's not start comparing which is the better light. That never ends well.

wweiss

Enlightened
Actually, I had a 3 year old v2 Predator that died - I sent them an email, they said send it back for a new one. Sent me a new v3 within 2 weeks or so from a new service center in Staten Island. Maybe they are trying to up their service game.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So I just ran a M61LLL V3 for 18 hours off of a single 123 primary that wasn't even new. And nobody cares.😂😂😂😂😞 I'm going to bed. Bunch of haters😂😂😂😂

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Let's keep on topic, which is Malkoff.

Thank you!

More Malkoff inbound! Speaking of throw, an E2 Hyper Throw head going on this one...

edc-12.jpg

...which is carried like this...

edc-13.jpg

I also have a M61L inbound going in this EDC pocket light, which currently has a M61NLL residing in it;

malkoff-5.jpg

I think a couple hundred lumens with a few hours of runtime on a 16340 will be the right balance I'm looking for. The M61NLL will go in a SF G2 that I will keep in my car.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just ran a M61LLL V3 for 18 hours off of a single 123 primary that wasn't even new. And nobody cares.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji20] I'm going to bed. Bunch of haters[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

LOL[emoji1787][emoji1787]
Report when you gonna have more intel[emoji41]

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I was swapping some Malkoff modules around and was checking my M61W. It's one of my favorite in the house lights.So I'm pretty sure I have done a current draw on this before but not sure. Well the dam thing is pulling 1A at 6 volts. 1.2 with a 18650! I know the warm series is battery hunger but that doesn't seem right. My gauge is ok as it reads my M61LLL the same as I have always gotten on it. My other M61's are where there supposed to be. 650-800. The M61W should be drawing 650 or so off of 2X123's. Can anyone verify what they are getting with there's. Anyone ever hear of a dropin increasing in draw for some reason. Strange 樂

Unfortunately I sold mine (previous gen to current) I must have been in a hurry and missed it.

More details...actual voltage of cells, was the module fresh off the shelf or already being used. It shouldn't be that far off. I notice once a light warms up, the readings can be different. Are the cells fresh? It only takes a second for the readings to drastically change when using cells. using primaries with 6.xx volts only takes a few seconds to be below 6 volts; resulting in skewed results. This is a reason why power supplies should be used for current draw readings. I don't have a good answer for you. Seems that the voltages are not what you think they are.

I am wondering if the info on the site is accurate? It shows both M61/M61N 800ma@6v but M61W@650ma. I would think the W is less efficient but I could be wrong. I know with the M61/M61N it doesn't take much to go from lower draw to an amp or better. This is where I can see the big increase you are seeing, but i don't know all the details. They do still seem a little high, but you have current gen where mine are before the driver update; so your readings sound in line for other voltages. If you are thinking you are reading 6v but aren't; thats where it makes sense to me. Anyway...

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
My Wildcat came in yesterday. What a light. It can certainly light up the side of a building [emoji23][emoji23]

NH Lumens

Enlightened
NH Lumens..
Nice belt sheath for the e2. Where did you get that sheath?

With a Lumens Factory long 2-way clip it fits well, stays in place, provides quick access and rides VERY comfortably at the 11 o'clock position on my belt;

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.kytexgear.com/products-page/surefire-carriers/horizontal-surefire-carrier/[/FONT]

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading NH Lumens quick update on the super throw head and mentioning the "current version" M91T; I really wish Gene would have relabeled the lights/modules some how. It gets confusing when we want to talk about them. It would have also been nice if they were marked differently. I guess it just adds excitement to our lives

@NH Lumens; said many times, but I love when you post pictures:thumbsup: A few of you have professional quality pics; love it

thermal guy

Flashaholic
His pictures are fantastic! Mine all come out looking like GD modern Art! Or that guys stuff who did that David thing😂😂😂😂

Latest posts