The Malkoff Front Porch

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I just need a nice 18350 E-Series body that fits protected cells. Are the FiveMega ones the only option? I see he's currently out of stock with the MD-1. It's a shame the Lumen Factory ones are only for unprotected cells
I believe lumens factory sells 18350 E series bodies. Not 100% though

iacchus

Enlightened
Has anybody tested those LF bodies for protected cell compatibility?
There's a pretty decent variance in cell diameter there. I've suspected that they put that language in the description to avoid hassle, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a brand that worked.

I really should just bite the bullet and see for myself. Another classic E series body laying around isn't gonna kill me.

It most likely will cause me to buy a fresh head and tail cap for it though.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Gene makes an E-series tri-cap which I've been curious as to if it will fit the LF E-series bodies.
I've tried the tailcap. It's really nice actually. It should fit any E series threads. It's what it's designed for

Here is my setup I had awhile back
1713398249231.png

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
There's a pretty decent variance in cell diameter there. I've suspected that they put that language in the description to avoid hassle, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a brand that worked.

I really should just bite the bullet and see for myself. Another classic E series body laying around isn't gonna kill me.

It most likely will cause me to buy a fresh head and tail cap for it though.
I'd be very interested to know if they worked with them.

Although 14500 is a great size for E-Series anyways, and there's plenty of protected cells that fit in Gene's AA bodies.

I expect I'll use this this 519a head with a 14500 more often than not.

I'd be very interested to know if they worked with them.

I have a LF 18650 E series body and a few protected cells. Most don't work due to the extra girth of the protection circuit, but the following two did fit with the LF body and Malkoff MDC head. I was surprised the SureFire fit, although quite snugly. I needed to give the body a good shake to get it back out.

IMG_2728.jpeg

iacchus

Enlightened
I have a LF 18650 E series body and a few protected cells. Most don't work due to the extra girth of the protection circuit, but the following two did fit with the LF body and Malkoff MDC head. I was surprised the SureFire fit, although quite snugly. I needed to give the body a good shake to get it back out.

View attachment 60752
Nice! Thanks.
So there is hope.

md17

Newly Enlightened
Where is the best place to buy a high quality glass lens for a malkoff 22.3 Mdx head? I know why the plastic ones are used, but there are a couple of the lights I don't intend on using as a potential hammer, and a couple that I would, so I'd like a nice glass lens.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I think this will be the ideal setup for the new Kosen MDC BGV1 HCRI. Longer runtime with a Vapcell F12 1250 mAh and better purchase with the 1AA older-style body (kind of wish Gene still gave the option for the older style body). Happy Friday CPF! View attachment 60821
I'm glad the 519a 5700k light I got coming in has this older style AA body. I like the newer one as well

Chris_Himself

Newly Enlightened
Where is the best place to buy a high quality glass lens for a malkoff 22.3 Mdx head? I know why the plastic ones are used, but there are a couple of the lights I don't intend on using as a potential hammer, and a couple that I would, so I'd like a nice glass lens.
I also would like to know this, I keep melting the plastic ones with the HOTv2 head (my fault) I keep leaving them running in my pocket or on my bed

I also would like to know this, I keep melting the plastic ones with the HOTv2 head (my fault) I keep leaving them running in my pocket or on my bed

This site might have what you're looking for.

md17

Newly Enlightened
That happened with my hot v2 also. Had turnout gear on at a fire and my leg started burning because I accidentally turned the light on in my pocket. So now I keep the light on low mode.