The Malkoff M61!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am always at work when these come out i guess i'll just wait till everyone else has one to get one.

Fooboy

Enlightened
Guys relax ... he's coming off appendicitis ... the man is lucky he's not dead (had a burst appendix myself a few years ago and it was NOT fun).

Some things are worth waiting for ...

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just kinda annoyed at the idea. You hear all about his drop-ins in every other topic, somebody else tells you that there's going to be a good supply of them being made available, then you miss your one chance to buy them after waiting for over a month because you didn't check your e-mail every half an hour every single day for the past month+ due to work/sleep/any-activity-that-doesn't-have-you-sitting-in-front-of-the-computer.

And the next batch won't be available for yet another 1-2 months? Again, I really have to say that trying to get one of Malkoff's drop-ins is like winning the lottery for a million dollars.

Regardless of whether anyone can be blamed for this, can you really blame me for being annoyed given the circumstances?

I'll sell you one for 100 bucks :devil:
No waiting!

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
I'm disappointed too, but not gonna sweat it. It would make sense to limit the number each person could buy as long as he can still sell 'em as fast as he can make 'em.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened more that one person buys them all up and resells on the secondary market - or maybe it has. And yes I understand supply and demand. Someone always has to interject this simplistic little nugget like it's some revelation.

I've never used a M60 or M61, but am pleased with the Thrunite and Dereelight drop-ins I bought b/c I can't get a Malkoff. The Malkoff was my first choice and they must be pretty darn good to command $60, and I'm curious what the extra 20-25 dollars buys. I suppose some of it is the reputation for reliability.

Hope springs eternal, so maybe I'll get lucky next time.

NightKids

Enlightened
Hmm done some research and decided that either a 6P or a C2 would be a good base for my Malkoff M61.

The thing is I would ideally like a clicky, tail stand and hi/low setting.

I know that there's the McClicky, but it doesn't seem to be able to adjust brightness. You guys able to advise what I would need to accomplish my 3 goals.

P.S. Sorry bit of a n00b as this will be my 1st SureFire. If I should be posting this question somewhere else plz let me know! Cheers

bullettproof

Enlightened
I sure am glad I have a Blackberry.Gene sent an email I received email in about 1 minute then bought the desired Malkoff:paypal:

tundratrader

Enlightened
Busse Ganza. It is basically a free for all hog hoof scratching trough scurry to get knives. Same as Gene's stuff at this point.

Go to bladeforums when the servers is back up.

Kinda funny but this is definitely two weeks ganza territory.

I did the Jedi smart phone dance this afternoon to get mine. I havent been watching this thread. What is the tint dance? Are we possibly getting non-green XPG's these days?

Zach

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
I feel the pain. I have visions of one day walking into my local gun/knife shop and grabbing an M61 right off the shelf. By then it will be a Malkoff M2000 or something like that. I hate waiting.:sick:

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Well if it makes you guys feel any better I have a perfect spot M60 that I rarely use. Its too bright for most of my needs.
I kind of feel bad about spending all that money to buy it and not using it. So I use it as much as I can to get my money's worth. Even then its not used very often.
This is probably blasphemy in this halls but my Skyray drop in gets about 10X more use then my M60. I took it to the beach the other day and the freaking thing was too bright. Everyone kept looking my way wondering what the hell was that bright white light. Eventually I lowered the lens on my Surefire blue filter on my C2. That made it a lot less brighter but I had to walk around the beach with a blue light.
I really hope that Gene comes out with a dual mode drop in.
I really like my drop in but for my needs is almost useless. Its kind of like having a Ferrari to commute to work in heavy traffic or using a tank to go deer hunting.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Why should Gene start rationing his M61's? How do you know the guy that bought 10 doesnt work for the military or LEO?

Lets not forget alot of LEO use these these dropins, not just CPFers.

I can hear Gene now, "Uh, I'm sorry Mr. Sheriff, I can only sell you two." :shakehead

I find it great that a USA business is thriving, and his products are flying off the shelf as quick as they are stocked. WTG Malkoff Devices!!! :thumbsup:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm done some research and decided that either a 6P or a C2 would be a good base for my Malkoff M61.

The thing is I would ideally like a clicky, tail stand and hi/low setting.

I know that there's the McClicky, but it doesn't seem to be able to adjust brightness. You guys able to advise what I would need to accomplish my 3 goals.

P.S. Sorry bit of a n00b as this will be my 1st SureFire. If I should be posting this question somewhere else plz let me know! Cheers

Well tail-standing is a bit harder to accomplish with the 6P and C2, as well as a low-high setting.

Honestly, you would probably be best served buying a Malkoff MD2 which comes with a clicky and can be outfitted with the 2 stage hi-low ring and tailstanding cap... You also gain the ability to run an 18650 which is nice.

I have a 6P, C2, G2s and a G3 - I love them all, but my MD2 rocks just as much!

Last edited:

Mikellen

Enlightened
Well if it makes you guys feel any better I have a perfect spot M60 that I rarely use. Its too bright for most of my needs.
I kind of feel bad about spending all that money to buy it and not using it. So I use it as much as I can to get my money's worth. Even then its not used very often.
This is probably blasphemy in this halls but my Skyray drop in gets about 10X more use then my M60. I took it to the beach the other day and the freaking thing was too bright. Everyone kept looking my way wondering what the hell was that bright white light. Eventually I lowered the lens on my Surefire blue filter on my C2. That made it a lot less brighter but I had to walk around the beach with a blue light.
I really hope that Gene comes out with a dual mode drop in.
I really like my drop in but for my needs is almost useless. Its kind of like having a Ferrari to commute to work in heavy traffic or using a tank to go deer hunting.

You can sell it in the MarketPlace and then buy the M60LL which is on sale at Malkoff Devices. Or place a want to trade ad for an M60L. (Just an idea). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.