The McLux Concept – A Gallery

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Here's my "baby"!
(thanks again, first for making it and then
for making it available to me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don and all the Skunk crew are the best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mclux_tk_040.jpg.w560h420.jpg

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOOOH, I hadn't thought of using the Winelight bodies. Maybe EN plat that McLux-PR head?

Now if they only had a burgundy clickie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
Bernhard,

What a professional, informative, and through article! What do you do for a living? If anything other than journalism, I would say that you may have missed your calling.

Outstanding job!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernie, what a comprehensive writeup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Hopefully, one day... I will get hold of one.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some pictures of a few other configurations:

1x123 body with raw DSpeck E2C and black KL3:
1x123_KL3.jpg

(This really doesn't work very well but looks interesting.)

1x123 body with clip removed and E1-GM head:
1x123_e1.jpg

This combo is *very* pocketable. My next project will probably involve boring this head to accomodate an ecan/esink module.

Finally, just a closeup of the PR head on a 1x123 body:
1x123_pr_closeup.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
thanx for the cool pix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif !
downloaded them all ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Experiment_626, thanx for your kind words, I am a doctor, and would fail horribly as a journalist, believe me.

And yet another photo, although I realise that a new digicam is overdue together with some serious work on my photography skills ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

fa9ae014.jpg

All the McLux parts I got. No ******* lights here ...

bernhard

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terrific thread and superb photos ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Thanks fellahs,

BC

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Re: The McLux Concept ? A Gallery

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifWonderfull Flashlight ! I have never see these marvellous light.Thank for this thread.
How can I obtain one for my French collection ?
Thank's to all

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: The McLux Concept - A Gallery

Pascal, you have two possibilities:
1. go to the Sandwich Shoppe, buy the parts and do it yourself in the configuration you prefer
2. lurk B/S/T and grab one if it appears, but you'd have to be patient ... or post a "I want" post ...
bernhard

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's a couple more pics (hopefully...)
fa9526f3.jpg
fa952e29.jpg

Bare Aluminium PR head built by McGizmo on a stripped and polished E2e host.
fa95c169.jpg

My collection so far....as you can see, i need more of em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

gahhh...didnt work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif can some kind soul help me get the pics to show up?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

kakster's pics
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pf7e9d5ccada03e9a198d014c6dfdc328/fa95c167.jpg[/image]</pre><hr />

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p856db64950db79a6a95dd22c32edb86e/fa95c169.jpg[/image]</pre><hr />

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm, do the kakster's pics still not show for other people in my post of them above?
They are working fine for me.
Pat

flash....

Enlightened

Wow! what a great write up!!
This thread is giving me too many ideas...
Currently, Surefire has the E2E Executive Satin finish lights on sale at $75.00 ... I bet that would look great with an unfinished PR head similar to the Wineligh II pictured above. (I can then mod the original E2e Satin head to fit on a 2x123 EN McLux batt pack.) Two lights from one! I have seen some threads on putting an e-can in an E2e head but I am a visual kind of guy... I need pics... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone have a pic of an E-can? (even better, pic of an Ecan assy going into an E2e head?...) There are no pics of the e-can in the sandwich shop. Also is there such a thing as an E-sink for non side emitter LS's?

Sorry for all the questions but I am going to make my second sandwich shop order and I need to try and get the orders right...

Thanks for any help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flash....

Enlightened

Holy moly....
kakster's pics just came in for me...
Yes, that's exactly what I want to build as well. (except with the Satin version.. I don't want to strip the E2e) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice work!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep Tyler, it was stripped in Lye (sold as Caustic soda over here). My first attempt, i think i made the solution a bit too strong. Also, polishing using Autoglym (polish for cars) did not give the desired results. I have some Jeweller's Rouge on order, maybe that will give better results. The knurled parts were masked off during polishing and left in its raw state to give the light some contrast.
If i were to do it again, id try and leave enough depth in the laser etching to dye black somehow.