The new KL1 Bezel - A couple of Photos

Whistler

Enlightened
Thanks Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

It's an improvement in technical/practical terms, but I'm not sure if I like the design better. But since I got already 2 KL1's it's of no importance for me anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Darell

Flashaholic
Now with a simply twist it'll probably work better as a cookie cutter. Something to consider.

Hmmm. Whiter you say? Different rank LED now? Originally the bluer tints were being chosen on purpose.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
monanza,
What's a 10XD?
Dev group switch?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, I believe that a 10XD is a 10x Dominator

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i like it.

it looks good, and is practical.

now if they could just do something with those darn rings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
Rothrandir, happy 2000 posts anniversary!!!

Wowwowwow!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Something like that... [let DavidW have his fun I say! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ]

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks guys!

that post wasn't exactly my best work, but i was at school, and class was almost out, and i was *really* wanting to see how a second star would fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

but...er...does anyone else think the kl1 could use some better rings? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
but...er...does anyone else think the kl1 could use some better rings? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I always thought the rings were for heat dissipation and thought they looked cool - but remember this comes from somebody who has strings of Christmas lights burning in his house all year 'round. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Maybe you *really* need to be an LED fanatic to like the rings on the KLx bezels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no, i understand that the rings aid in heat dissipation, and i think the rings looked adaquate with the older bezel, but they just don't "fit" now...

just a matter of opionion, but i think the newer bezel looks higher tech, and some cooloer/different rings would help.

i still find the new bezel prefereable, even with the rings as they are, but...i think you guys get what i'm saying.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I just bought a KL1/E2e combo from Dan at www.TacticalWarehouse.com and he was kind of enough to include the newer KL1 design for me - what a guy!! I really owe Dan a big favor as a matter of fact, because when I saw the new KL1 up close and personal, it's really a nice work of art, in my opinion at least.

I agree Roth - it looks more hi-tech, or hi-end, whichever you prefer. Anyway, cosmetic, functional, fashionwear, I just plain like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'd like to take this opportunity and volunteer to accept all of the older KL1s that will be "given away" because <font color="blue">EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO UPGRADE TO THIS NEW STYLE KL1!!!!</font>

I know it's a tough responsibility, but I'm willing to put forth the time and effort to receive & collect them. No need to trash them, I'll make sure they get a good home!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So who's first? Please drop me an email to arrange shipping. Thank you!

aznduece

Newly Enlightened
SO WHERE ELSE CAN I FIND ONE OF THESE NEW KL1 BEZELS? DO YOU THINK SUREFIRE WILL HELP TRADE MINES TO ONE OF THE NEW MORE "PRACTICAL" MODELS?

Size15's

Flashaholic
NOT WANTING TO SHOUT OR ANYTHING! But a number of online Dealers are advertising the new design KL1. TAD for example.
I think your best bet is to contact a few dealers to see whether they are getting the new style yet.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kimchikungfu

Newly Enlightened
I like mine too. Very kaizen to add that feature on an existing model.

I really appreciate companies who work with the little details, and don't mind phasing them in on existing models.

Btw, in another thread someone suggested that the KL1's rings render the hexagonal part of the bezel useless. That's not strictly true. On a plain surface the hex will still work to prevent the light from rolling because its edges will have contact with the surface. Would be easier to explain with a pic.

N.B: Don't know if someone's mentioned this already, but SureFire will also be introducing the scallops on their regular heads.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmm...what about having the rings hex?

i think it would improve the looks as well as functionality...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Why not change it on the incandescents first? After all, an LED left on while lens down is not going to represent any real burn threat, while the Lexan-lens-melting incandescents do. As well, its battery life would be compromised to a lesser extent than the 50- or 60-minute run times of the incans...

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week, I purchased an E2e on eBay. It came; I opened it; and guess what? It had the scalloped bezel. The change-over has started on the incandescents already (although they weren't first, as Mr Bulk points out).