The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
Agreed Tim. The illogical part is having to keep the light on for 5 seconds for it to reset to start at Low.

So if you wanted the light come on medium, you need to cycle the light to high, then bleep it on low.

Right. Or you could cycle it to low for at least 5 seconds before turning it off. It makes momentary on pretty much useless.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or use this.

eha5y2at.jpg

What and where do I find that?

Perfect...

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
What and where do I find that?

Perfect...

LOL. I picked them up from a garbage dump outside a motorcycle shop.

I think these were used to protect a longish item for transit.
Someone more knowledgeable please chime in. Pretty sure they are some common packaging material.
I have seen the foam type covering apples in transit.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the clarification Gene. I must have been quite a bit more tired than I thought and not left the light on for more than 5 seconds.

Yes, this is exactly what happens.

That's some tortured logic, twl ;) I mean, you are correct that you could cycle the light to the mode just before the one you want and then turn it off and be ready to go, but that's really just a workaround for a pretty unusual UI setup.

- Tim

It's not really unusual. I have some Chinese lights here that do the same thing. I would guess that there are literally millions of lights out there that work that way.
Tortured logic, or not, I use that scheme to pre-set them when I use them.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not really unusual. I have some Chinese lights here that do the same thing. I would guess that there are literally millions of lights out there that work that way.
Tortured logic, or not, I use that scheme to pre-set them when I use them.

Not a deal breaker for me though. I am more interested in the way malkoff has spaced the 3 levels.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody suggest the best way to prevent the 123A cells from rattling in my Hound Dog's MD3 body?

*Sorry for the large text. My post is bound to get lost in this messy disaster of a thread and I wanted people to see it before that happens :)

While waiting for the Delrin tubes from Oveready (my personal solution), you can also cut a business card to length, roll it up, and slide it in.

Grizz

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benchiew, thanks for posting that, what a great idea. I've done lots over the years to get rid of cell rattle, but that's brilliant. :thumbsup: I would love to run into some of that for my 2xAA in 3xCR123 bodies.
Thank you.As a recent newcomer, I am glad to be able to contribute. Appreciate you keeping this forum alive...:thumbsup:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looked very familiar, when I got my single 123 VME body with the lanyard lug on it from J.S. Burly,
it was in that stuff, I wrapped it around an M61 I sold and should have kept it, Lol...

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_20130516_174807.jpg

Yeah I got it:). I've used the insert that came with a eagletac light I purchased. Two cells snap inside it securely, works great.

Last edited:

Redhat703

Enlightened
The 1/2 in poly drip tubing that used for drip irrigation system works perfectly:

file_zps323a4402.jpg

(My bad Norm :))
See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited:

Illluminator

Newly Enlightened
Will the E2/Scout head have the same adaptability as the VME head as far as drop-ins? It has a much cleaner look on the Surefire E-series than the VME.

Status
Not open for further replies.