The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhunley1

Enlightened
Received the M61L 219B V2 yesterday and I'm liking it a lot! Very useful output for most of my needs, without being harsh or overpowering. Should make for a great light for around the house.

I've been playing around with my M61N, M61NL and M61 219B V2 over the past few days and I think I still prefer the neutral XP-G2 over the 219. The tint of the 219 is very nice, but I find the M61NL, with it's more focused beam, is just as useful, but gets 4x the run time.

The M61 219B V2, along with my extra M61N and M61NL will probably be going up for sale soon. Thinking about selling my neutral Wildcat V6 head, too. It's a fun light, but I really don't have the need for it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M61 219B V2, along with my extra M61N and M61NL will probably be going up for sale soon.

I rarely have extra drop-ins for very long. They tend to accumulate hosts. I've got several drop-ins that live in MD2 heads in other Pelican cases (or on my loading bench by them) for secure storage and the ability to be quickly attached to an MD body.

dhunley1

Enlightened
I rarely have extra drop-ins for very long. They tend to accumulate hosts. I've got several drop-ins that live in MD2 heads in other Pelican cases (or on my loading bench by them) for secure storage and the ability to be quickly attached to an MD body.

They're all already in hosts or in MDX or VME heads. They'll most likely be sold in whatever head or host they're in. I like having multiples for different hosts/bodies, but I also TRY to be a minimalist.

I tend to binge then purge when it comes to gear. I like to try out different options to find out what I like most. I did it with guns, knives and camping gear, now I'm working on the flashlights.

Last edited:

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
You need to look for an M31N variant. They were made for Oveready. I have one and it is very nice. It can fit in a VME head and be used with an AA, a 2xAA or a CR123A cell.

This sounds perfect. Now, anyone have one for sale?

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that I had a couple of 1.5v AA lithium batteries in storage that had been used sometime in the past. I put them into my converted G3 with the M31LLL and was surprised at the output. :)

Probably too bright for normal indoor use, but nice for outdoor use.

I normally use two rechargeable AA NIMH batteries (Eneloops) and the M31LLL does what I want it to do, and for a long time at that.

Tribull

Enlightened
I'm running a M31LLL 219 V2 on two double aa and at 15 lumens it's great for indoors. What is yours putting out for lumens Ajl?

Tribull

Enlightened
Gurdygurds, I've only been running it for less than a full week and I've been switching back and forth between my mdc 2xaa and my mdc 1xcr123 so I'm not sure of runtime yet.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will forgive you this one time Tribull. Honestly I'm just curious on runtime from some of these drop ins because it seem like running a standard MDC 2AA in mid mode would get you just about the same runtime without the extras of VME heads and the drop in. I'm still a Malkoff newborn, covered in placenta and goop so what do I know?
Gurdygurds, I've only been running it for less than a full week and I've been switching back and forth between my mdc 2xaa and my mdc 1xcr123 so I'm not sure of runtime yet.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
You'll get over ten hours out a 2xAA with M31LL. I'd expect 15 hours from a M31LLL. My M61LLL 219 runs forever on a 16650.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I really want to get one of these. Seems like it would make for a great light to use indoors and for power outages and such.

I'd highly recommend one. I can do just about any task with it. Most often reading and navigating the house at night. Throw it in a 18650 host and you get even more runtime from a 3400mah 18650 compared to my Keepower 16650 in a sure fire host. And if you are in a real pinch, like zombies attacking the world or maybe something more reasonable like an ice storm, you can raid your remotes and grab some AAs--although you'd have to have the right length host. A G3 with a CR123 to AA battery sleeve is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.