The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold one of my Hound Dog XM-L's to help fund a Wildcat V4, which arrived on Tuesday.

Initial thoughts...

The tint provides great color rendition outdoors.
The seamless transition in the beam is beautiful.
...and the amount of light it projects is amazing!

Our barn is 300' from the house. At that distance I have to pan the Hound Dog back and fourth to check things out.

No need to pan with the Wildcat, point it toward the barn and :takeit:

ganymede

Enlightened
Sold one of my Hound Dog XM-L's to help fund a Wildcat V4, which arrived on Tuesday.

Initial thoughts...

The tint provides great color rendition outdoors.
The seamless transition in the beam is beautiful.
...and the amount of light it projects is amazing!

Our barn is 300' from the house. At that distance I have to pan the Hound Dog back and fourth to check things out.

No need to pan with the Wildcat, point it toward the barn and :takeit:

Awesome! :twothumbs

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can Team Malkoff reply if there's going to be any eminent 3000K XPG (Q2 bin) HCRI production runs, or, not?

I'm also looking for a M61HCRILL in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Last edited:

Jim Fairbairn

Newly Enlightened
I'm late to the party but recently acquired the sickness. It started with an M61 and M61L for my Surefires. Last week I got the Hound Dog with MD4 body. And on order this week is the Wildcat and MD3 body. Thats it..........I'm done :D

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
That brings up a good question.... what was your first Malkoff?

Mine was the M60FL... it was on sale on the site for $39.99 so I took a shot and loved it. The output was very similar to my L4 "wall of light" but slightly brighter, much more runtime and ran much cooler. I was hooked! I still have that dropin and use it for hiking. I try to be back before sunset, but in case I am not, I use the M60FL to light up everything in my immediate area and try not to trip over any rocks... even though I do that during daytime anyway! :) I wish I bought more of them when they were on sale.... even better, I wish I had an M60WFL, IMHO the only way to make that dropin any better!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Malkoff was an M61 bought for a weapon mounted 6P. I bought one more of them within six months for another mounted 6P. After several years, I bought a used M951 for a good price, so naturally it needed a Malkoff also.

What really kicked off the addiction was the purchase of an MD2 with high/low ring and an M61 219. At this point, I'm not even sure how many of Gene's drop-ins I've got (one more in the mail right now).

Grizz

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Malkoff was one of the original XPG Hound Dogs.
It caused me to dump all my Asian lights because of the obvious higher quality of Malkoff.
Been an active Malkoff junkie ever since, and also am enjoying the Oveready/TorchLab products as well.
I have owned every Wildcat version and every Hound Dog version, and still have all but one of them. And an Elzetta with M60, too.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Malkoff was an M61 bought for a weapon mounted 6P. I bought one more of them within six months for another mounted 6P. Grizz

Same here. Started out with a M61 in a 6P mounted to an AR, then I had to get a LL for power outages, then a M61 blem cause it was cheap, then a M61 XPG2 cause it was bright, now I have a 219L on the way. It's getting ridiculous.

Craig K

Enlightened
Just received my first Malkoff it is a turnkey MD2 hi-lo and all I can say is WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts