Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA LED

• Other

• Total voters

Avix

Newly Enlightened
I would say a C or D maglite and a small 3 LED headlamp, the Mag is a adequate flashlight, not expensive, can also be used to wack bad people, or be a hammer to break out a window etc. headlamp makes for hands free with working on a tire or car in the dark, that's worth a few bucks, and if you have to, you can hand it to some poor guy who's car is dead on the side of the road and not loose a $50.00 (or even $20.00) flashlight. (I think I paid $9.00 for my Garrity 3AAA). And your not going to convince your average people to spend more than $20.00 for a flashlight.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a glovebox light should be small and reliable. Lithium batteries are a good idea as they should withstand the heat better than alkalines.

I use the Inova X5 and and so do those I have given Inova X5s to. These are the original X5 without the tail cap switch.

I never tried the current model, so I can't recommend it. I guess an ARC LS twisty would be good, but pricey.

Of course being a flashaholic, I have a Streamlight 4aa under the seat, but that's another story.

By the way, my sister left yesterday for a one week tour of Italy. She showed me what she had in her backpack. Yep, she took the X5 from her glovebox and it too is now touring Italy.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Jerry, East Texas? What town? My wife is from Pittsburg near Mt. Pleasant.

Have you had any bad experiences with Princeton Tec lights? I see several people recommend them here, but I must say that mine are not reliable for whatever reason.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lived mostly around Texarkana until about 1946, and then moved to Hot Springs, AR, but lived several places as a small child, including Marshall, and Darco.

My Dad lived in Pittsburg and Leesburg years ago, and I think he left there in the early 60s.

I grew up some of the time with my grandparents in a little town of Queen City, TX. My grandmother was a school teacher there in the 40s and 50s.

I remember wanting a .22 rimfire, and the one at the general store was put on layaway by a friend of mine. There was one in a Hardware store in Atlanta, TX and my grandmother borrowed the price, $7.50, so I could buy it. My friend and I walked the RR to Atlanta, which was 3 mi, and I bought the gun. No adult was with us. Every boy in his teens had a gun, and I was 10 at the time. We never thought of shooting anyone as happens now.
What a change since then.

Probably before your time??

I haven't had any experience with Princton Tec lights. They seem to have had some quality control problems, and I don't know if they have fixed them or not.

Jerry

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can kill two birds with one stone if you choose a light that will fit into the Nite Ize headband.
headmain.jpg

Not quite as good as a dedicated headlamp, but sufficient for emergency use. I keep a ReactorII and a CMG X5T in my car and both fit in the headband.

hsjrev

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Avix said:
I would say a C or D maglite and a small 3 LED headlamp, the Mag is a adequate flashlight, not expensive, can also be used to wack bad people, or be a hammer to break out a window etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've kept a 4C Mag stuffed between the seats of my pickup for years for just that reason. An FT-3C would be nice to have in the glovebox but you kind of hate to leave it in the vehicle where it gets limited use.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Had a hard time deciding between the dat2zip MADMAX modded 2AA minimag (with lithium AA) and a SureFire G2. Naturally, I decided to keep them both in my glovebox. The G2 is sporting a P61 module, so between those two lights I've got a good selection of bright vs. runtime.

haley1

Enlightened
Hey, JerryM, do you know any Richeys. You sound like part of my family from all the places you lived.

Latest posts