The SF M6-R - summary thread

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jim, just wanted to confirm whether you needed any extra $, because if I paid twice you'd get hit by fees twice. Will follow up in the relevant thread.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin,

I'm unclear on your question. If you pay via PP, then everytime you pay add 3 percent and $0.30. Does that answer your question?

cy

Flashaholic
Js, auto cable sounds good, but I'm not part of bwaits project.

just have a stock triton and will need one extra complete male/female molex conector with my auto adapter.

will note in purchase thread

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the confusion.. I'd try to come up with a way to explain what I was thinking, but it would only make it worse.

Anyway, no issues, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif with the correct amount. Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy,

Not a problem. I will include Molex M & F shells plus contacts, at no charge. But if you wanted to go with a different connector system, I could sell you the auto adaptor cable with one bare end, or with another connector attached, such as the Deans connector, Are you using a connector between the power supply and your Triton, or just good ole spade lugs on the ends of the wires, attached to the power supply screw terminals? Whatever is fine with me; I just thought I'd offer, in case it would be more convenient. One exception, though: if you're using banana plugs for you power connection, then I will decline to go this route because Radio Shack already has a fine cigarette ligher socket to dual banana plugs adaptor.

Let me know what you want to do.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Finally, as promised, I have updated the initial post with a picture of a complete M6-R setup with the actual components offered for sale. i.e. it now shows a Hitec CG-340 charger and a Twinfly 12VDC 5A power supply and the actual auto adaptor cable which I am making. Before, as I did not have the Twinflys or Hitecs nor a finished auto-adaptor cable, I simply took a picture with a Triton, a Cosel 12VDC 12.5A power supply, and a TigerLight auto adaptor cable.

So now you can see the actual components. I really like the power supply. It is small, light, and doesn't produce much heat. Plus it looks pretty well made. As far as my own work goes, all lugs and conductors on the various cables are both crimped and soldered, even the power cord lugs.

So there it is: the actual goods. I'm slow, but I usually do get around to doing the things I say I will.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starting to plan for a case to carry my M6 and upcoming M6-R kit, I'm wondering what the dimensions of the Hitec-340 charger are. There's no information I can find on CPF or elsewhere on the web, including Hitec's site.

Paul