tex.proud

Enlightened
What the heck is that?!
A Luck Dragon

luckdragon.gif

Carry On!

tex.proud

Enlightened
The funniest things are most often the true things.

My Dad and I have made the trip from Baytown to Bracketville, TX several times to access our hunting lease. During season for hunting, and out of season for repairs/preparation and such. It would usually take about 6 hours in the old Suburban...yes, all within the stat of Texas.

Along the way he broke the long silence when he turned to me and said "Son, You really have no sense of direction."
Me: "Where the heck did that come from?".

He laughed, I laughed, the old school floating lensatic compass on the dash didn't.

Carry On!

Poppy

Flashaholic
The funniest things are most often the true things.

My Dad and I have made the trip from Baytown to Bracketville, TX several times to access our hunting lease. During season for hunting, and out of season for repairs/preparation and such. It would usually take about 6 hours in the old Suburban...yes, all within the stat of Texas.

Along the way he broke the long silence when he turned to me and said "Son, You really have no sense of direction."
Me: "Where the heck did that come from?".

He laughed, I laughed, the old school floating lensatic compass on the dash didn't.

Carry On!
I am glad that you remembered this situation well enough to tell it. I hope that you remember it 10, 20, 30 years after he is gone.
Build memories, and keep them.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I am glad that you remembered this situation well enough to tell it. I hope that you remember it 10, 20, 30 years after he is gone.
Build memories, and keep them.
My best memories are of those trips. He's now 85 and still a competitive skeet shooter as a hobby. We make new memories at the shooting club, and camping in the RV. But yes sir, I will hold memories long after he's gone. I'm now 50, and the one I just told was when I was 12. Learned to shoot at 7, first deer at 9 with him and Grandpa George, that earned me my 1st knife, an OldTimer Stockman with my name engraved on it. Yeah, I completely understand your thoughts about memories. I told a joke previously about Boerne, TX. That was from one of those hunting trips also.

Carry On!

Poppy

Flashaholic
My best memories are of those trips. He's now 85 and still a competitive skeet shooter as a hobby. We make new memories at the shooting club, and camping in the RV. But yes sir, I will hold memories long after he's gone. I'm now 50, and the one I just told was when I was 12. Learned to shoot at 7, first deer at 9 with him and Grandpa George, that earned me my 1st knife, an OldTimer Stockman with my name engraved on it. Yeah, I completely understand your thoughts about memories. I told a joke previously about Boerne, TX. That was from one of those hunting trips also.

Carry On!
@tex.proud ,
This post put a smile on my face.

Carry on!