Thieves needs to be shot... rant

turbodog

Flashaholic
Just don't make my mistake and report it later. :ohgeez:

Just go get a shovel and bury the corpse. Likely nobody will look for them, and if they did these type of animals don't usually leave a note saying what home they will be terrorizing.

Hide the body, deny any knowledge, hakuna matata...

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
cyberhobo said:
Ahh, the lawyer's ripped that one apart long ago. For more business I guess.
Yes they did and before that they stopped hanging people for stealing apples (actually it was a judge that did that.)

The scary thing is that SCOTUS now seems to want to go back to those days.
Suppose you are arrested, accused and thrown in jail. You did not commit the crime they accuse you of. They use any means they want to force you to confess and finally you sign a confession.
As of last week *you* have to prove they forced you to sigh the confession.

But take heart, the countries we accuse of being terrorists have the same laws and legal system. They still cut off hands for theft.

oldgrandpajack said:
My take on this; nothing in my home is worth taking the life of anyone. All life is precious, and even the thief may someday wake up, and change his life. I leave judgement to the courts and God. I would call 911 regardless, and I would defend my family, if I felt they were threatened. Things can be replaced. Lives, once gone, can't be.

oldgrandpajack

I'm not saying you should kill him, but thieves may, possibly, potentially wake up, but as far as current state is concerned, its not just the value of the goods they're stealing, but their intentful act is a burden to society in general.

You really can't argue that people who go around looking for bikes, cars, produce to take to cheat off of people who worked for them are a burden to society in general and because unfortunately, he's a member of society, his shameful act makes them, not valued members of society, but a liability.

In this country, for example, landlords have some obligations to protect tenants against burglars.

Heightened security = costs the landlord, which costs the tenant
Burglary = costs the victim and the landlord if he's sued

There's a potential he/she may eventually wake up, but they more often than not, become a liability again rather than contributing back to the society to the greater amount than his liability to society.

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I witnessed almost zero theft cases in countries that publicly chopped the hands of those who repeatedly steal.
No doubt uncivilized but it really scare the poop out of those who even have thoughts of stealing.

Bradlee

Enlightened
oldgrandpajack said:
My take on this; nothing in my home is worth taking the life of anyone. All life is precious, and even the thief may someday wake up, and change his life. I leave judgement to the courts and God. I would call 911 regardless, and I would defend my family, if I felt they were threatened. Things can be replaced. Lives, once gone, can't be.

oldgrandpajack

Well said.

richpalm

Banned
oldgrandpajack said:

oldgrandpajack

:huh2: Screw that... anyone I catch in my house, they'd never find the body. :xyxgun: Heroin addicts won't wake up, sorry. I worked in a drug detox for 10 years and the relapse rate was 100%+

911 is government sposored dial-a-prayer-if you think the legal system is gonna work for you, forget it. :shakehead

Rich

bexteck

Enlightened
The town I live in has a population density of 26 people per square mile, so we are pretty spread out. Anyone who looks or acts suspicious near a home finds the bussiness end of a double barrel shotgun pointed at them. Anyone who breaks into a home can consider themselves lucky if they are given the chance to surrender instead of being shot immediately.

Local PD will back up the homeowner in almost every situation.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bexteck said:
The town I live in has a population density of 26 people per square mile, so we are pretty spread out. Anyone who looks or acts suspicious near a home finds the bussiness end of a double barrel shotgun pointed at them. Anyone who breaks into a home can consider themselves lucky if they are given the chance to surrender instead of being shot immediately.

Local PD will back up the homeowner in almost every situation.
same here.
a new neighbor thought some sort of invasion or military op was underway when me and 8 others stuffed my conversion van with rifles,shotguns,cases of pistols,and cases of ammo preparing for a trip to the range.she called the police who pulled us over just as we left the area.
he was a bit upset.....that he was on duty and couldnt hop in and go with us!
in the 20+ years i have lived here there have been 2 home invasions in this area.both times the perp left feetfirst in a bag.both were drug addicts looking for a fix.

NAW

Enlightened
I hate thieves. If I ever see anybody in my house I would like to grab my magcharger, turn it on and pound them where they stand.
smile.gif

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
Of course though there are ways to minimize the risk of being robbed.

1) lock doors and windows to your house and cars.

2) bring what you wouldn't want to get stolen into your house.

3) secure your belongings.

For now thats all I can think of. It wont guarantee that you wont be robbed. But would sure help to reduce the likelyness of being robbed.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try not to put too fine a point on the law. Laws are imperfect. Laws are at best just a compromise on what is intended and what is right. Legislators are as far from perfect as any demographic I can think of. MY decision in the crunch is worth every bit as much as their's is, if not more -- that is why we have courts. I will assert my rights as I understand them and I will do anything to protect myself and the ones I love. I want to be the one who's fate is decided by the jury -- not the guy who breaks into my house.
"...I leave judgement to the courts and God..."
I am in perfect agreement with that -- and I have absolutely no problem with sending a soul directly to God for speedy judgement.

Often, in the past, when someone had been convicted of a terrible crime and sentenced to death the judge said, "May God have mercy on your soul." In a very literal sense they were sending the case to a higher court. No problem.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
THe law I try to live by is perfect. There are no fine points or compromise.

"LOVE THY NEIGHBOR"

"THOU SHALL NOT KILL"

"JUDGE NOT, OR YOU WILL BE JUDGED"

"HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN, CAST THE FIRST STONE"

Remember, I am not perfect in my faith, and as I said in my previous statement, would defend my family, if I felt they were threatened. I have no idea what the law is, in my state.

oldgrandpajack

PS: I am a Life Member of the NRA, and a very good shot, by the way.

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thievery......:xyxgun:

Some interesting points in this thread. Thievery is pretty stupid. If your family's starving or your baby needs diapers, ask me and I'll take you to the grocery store and fill your cupboards and fridge. If you need some spending money, ask me. There's always some odd job around the house that I don't want to do and would be willing to pay a few bucks to have done. Stealing is disrespect. Disrespect for another's property, for their hard work which earned those items, disrespect for the hard work which the thief won't themselves do.

Cheers all, good night. :buddies:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel_Bomber said:
Thievery......:xyxgun:

Some interesting points in this thread. Thievery is pretty stupid. If your family's starving or your baby needs diapers, ask me and I'll take you to the grocery store and fill your cupboards and fridge. If you need some spending money, ask me. There's always some odd job around the house that I don't want to do and would be willing to pay a few bucks to have done. Stealing is disrespect. Disrespect for another's property, for their hard work which earned those items, disrespect for the hard work which the thief won't themselves do.

Cheers all, good night. :buddies:

in an idea world, the person would have this information.

but most people also have pride...stealing is much more tempting than admitting to others that you are running out of options...

when I was a kid, there were times when my parents was on the edge of being broke(that's my mom lost her job when her company fired all the employees and moved the company to India, even though she had 2 masters from Berkeley, worked in the company for 6 years and was supervisor of her department-didn't matter, they could pay someone in India 1/8 what they were paying Americans) and my dad's business was slow and the government tax(local, state and federal) was killing his business. It took a lot of finesse on their part to keep us afloat. But my dad refused to take any government/charity welfare/aid, in his words, "taking money from welfare is like stealing from your neighbors, and I'm not a theif".

Looking back it was a hard time, but some principals can only be learned from one's parents.

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
in an idea world, the person would have this information.

but most people also have pride...stealing is much more tempting than admitting to others that you are running out of options...

when I was a kid, there were times when my parents was on the edge of being broke(that's my mom lost her job when her company fired all the employees and moved the company to India, even though she had 2 masters from Berkeley, worked in the company for 6 years and was supervisor of her department-didn't matter, they could pay someone in India 1/8 what they were paying Americans) and my dad's business was slow and the government tax(local, state and federal) was killing his business. It took a lot of finesse on their part to keep us afloat. But my dad refused to take any government/charity welfare/aid, in his words, "taking money from welfare is like stealing from your neighbors, and I'm not a theif".

Looking back it was a hard time, but some principals can only be learned from one's parents.

Yeah, in a perfect world no one would be going hungry anyway. Everyone would understand the meaning of the world "respect" in all it's varied forms(not that I claim to). Would you rather a thief come and ask you for help because his daughter is starving, or break into your house at night and steal your flashlights towards the same end?

I wonder what amount of thieves are honestly doing it because they've tried getting work and failed, tried to make a go of an honest business and failed, and have resorted to thievery to feed their family? I bet the number is so low that it'd be unmeasureable. I, too, have gone hungry a few times but never asked for help. I'll also shoot anyone who breaks into my house and doesn't run like hell the instant he sees my gun pointed at him.

I don't know about learning these things from your parents, but certainly while you're young.

:buddies:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, thieves are merely selfish. I also think that stealing is probably fun, like an adrenaline high when you face risk. There are rich people, like Winona Ryder, who steal for the thrill, no doubt.

I have things stolen from me, but I try to be philosophical about it--treat it like it was lost or destroyed, instead of stolen. I don't want the thieves to deprive me of happiness as well as my stuff.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel_Bomber said:
Yeah, in a perfect world no one would be going hungry anyway. Everyone would understand the meaning of the world "respect" in all it's varied forms(not that I claim to). Would you rather a thief come and ask you for help because his daughter is starving, or break into your house at night and steal your flashlights towards the same end?

I wonder what amount of thieves are honestly doing it because they've tried getting work and failed, tried to make a go of an honest business and failed, and have resorted to thievery to feed their family? I bet the number is so low that it'd be unmeasureable. I, too, have gone hungry a few times but never asked for help. I'll also shoot anyone who breaks into my house and doesn't run like hell the instant he sees my gun pointed at him.

I don't know about learning these things from your parents, but certainly while you're young.

:buddies:

I have a former thief in my family. He did it because he liked it better than work and he thought he was good at it. Finally he got tired of prison life and has decided not to go back for health reasons (It wasn't fun anymore). Ask him why he did those things and he would tell you he did it because that was what he was. He was good enough to avoid homes where people or pets might bite back. No one likes to hear in the darkness behind them the racking of a slide on a pistol.