Thieves needs to be shot... rant

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
270winchester said:
But my dad refused to take any government/charity welfare/aid, in his words, "taking money from welfare is like stealing from your neighbors, and I'm not a theif".

Looking back it was a hard time, but some principals can only be learned from one's parents.
Unfortunatly, this kind of personal responsibility and character is sadly lacking nowadays. I learned much the same lesson from my folks.

Cliff

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pellidon said:
I have a former thief in my family. He did it because he liked it better than work and he thought he was good at it. Finally he got tired of prison life and has decided not to go back for health reasons (It wasn't fun anymore). Ask him why he did those things and he would tell you he did it because that was what he was. He was good enough to avoid homes where people or pets might bite back. No one likes to hear in the darkness behind them the racking of a slide on a pistol.

No joke. I figure that the robber knows better than I do that his life isn't worth my tv. If he's not running when he realizes he's going to get shot, he must have other things in mind for my family or be so drug crazed that it won't matter. I'd rather not find out what he has in mind.

:buddies:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
my bike was stolen when i was 8 yrs old... who would steal an eight year old kid's bike??? Geez whats the USA coming to?

-David

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Rant incoming!

That's one of the downsides of living in Norway (bigtime nannystate), criminals have more rights than decent people it seems ("It's not their fault, it's the pressure of society blahblahblah, they deserve respect blahblah") And if you defend yourself in any way you are almost guaranteed prison time. Our welfare system is so good that nobody NEEDS to steal to live comfortably here. So the only people that break into homes and rob people are filthy drug addicts and the like. I completely agree with those of you saying that these people should be killed on sight, even if they are running away (if only to prevent them from causing harm to others). They contribute nothing and are only a liability.

A few years ago someone broke into our house while we were out. I came home early but didn't notice anything until hours later because the thief had only been in the part of the house that we don't use much. He must've heard me slamming the door as I came home. Even so, he had managed to take quite a few items (antiquities and the like) and had broken some shelves and made quite a mess (He also left some really disgusting slimy spit on the floor *ugh* :green: How disrespectful is that! ). Oh, if I had only seen or heard him... I'll tell you my Spyderco Military would've tasted blood! He would've been at the bottom of the river, weighted down and inside a roll of swedish chicken fence! It's not like anyone would've missed him, and there wouldn't really be a connection to me (like someone said before me, I doubt thieves leave notes saying which houses they are planning to break into).

After that incident we got an alarm system. Still pisses me off a little that we have to pay a security company just to keep people from breaking into our home :sigh:

:rant:

Empath

Flashaholic
Brighteyez, your post needs to be edited very quickly. Since you're presently online, and you'll be receiving a PM notice from me to check this post, I'll expect action soon.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
270winchester said:
thank you for the rant, my my condolences to your floor....

I mean, what sort of person does something like that? I'm not sure I consider people like that human even, they have more in common with vermin and should be dealt with accordingly :xyxgun:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isak Hawk said:

I mean, what sort of person does something like that? I'm not sure I consider people like that human even, they have more in common with vermin and should be dealt with accordingly :xyxgun:

from the common society's point of view it would be your responsibility to ask yourself that what YOU did to make the thief desecrate your floor like htat....surely you are partially responsible for that.... ;)

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Yes of course! As a part of society I must've somehow forced him to start doing drugs (pressure to succeed professionally and socially or something? Yeah, that sounds good :whistle: ). The poor innocent man obviously became confused because of the narcotics I basicly forced him to take and so he thought I had given him permission to break into my home and do whatever he wanted :lolsign:

I don't know why I didn't see it that way before! I'm so self-centered sometimes :laughing:

We should all realize that the responsibility lies firmly with us evil law-abiding citizens and ask all these filthy verm-- I mean, wonderful people for forgivness :p

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be on or off-line, or may even appear to be on-line when I'm not paying attention to the site. If you find something that is objectionable to you or don't agree with, please feel free to remove it, no need to presume that I'm online because I have a browser opened to this site. I may not actually be here.

Empath said:
Brighteyez, your post needs to be edited very quickly. Since you're presently online, and you'll be receiving a PM notice from me to check this post, I'll expect action soon.

Empath

Flashaholic
Brighteyez said:
...please feel free to remove it....
Believe me, I do.

Sometimes I prefer that the member remove their own words. It just makes me think the objective might sink in a little farther.

Thank you for editing.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isak Hawk said:
Yes of course! As a part of society I must've somehow forced him to start doing drugs (pressure to succeed professionally and socially or something? Yeah, that sounds good :whistle: ). The poor innocent man obviously became confused because of the narcotics I basicly forced him to take and so he thought I had given him permission to break into my home and do whatever he wanted :lolsign:

hold on there chief, who said the thief has to be a man? women are just as physically capable of being a thief as men you know....now you are a sexist pig that forced the individual to, um, decorate your floor...shame on you!!!! :crackup:

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Several years ago, I worked loss prevention for a major retailer. Most of the shoplifters were women. Usually, between 35 - 48 years of age (no "gender profiling" was ever done leading to the apprehension of the offenders).:naughty:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
. But my dad refused to take any government/charity welfare/aid, in his words, "taking money from welfare is like stealing from your neighbors, and I'm not a theif".

I know there are good people out there, but it's always good to be reminded.

I think if most people knew the kind of people that get the "government assistance" and the kind of people who don't, we would put an end to just about all government subsidies.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
my dad's business was slow and the government tax(local, state and federal) was killing his business.

And in NY state at least, some of these "taxes collected" are not owed but are simply extracted through extortion. I could give examples.

He could have mentioned "regulations" too. Most people have no clue. These are laws, but not laws passed by the legislature and signed by the governor or president. They are simply edicts issued by nameless, faceless, brainless, people with no conscience. Probably do-gooders and busybodies. There are so many regulations that it would be impossible for anyone to be familiar with even a small portion of them. Sometimes the "regulators" will put businesses out of business simply because they don't want to be bothered regulating them. I can give examples.

I suppose most people have been taught that business is bad. How stupid. Business is the way we earn our livings. Business is how we put food on the table. Every material thing we own comes from business, not to mention our paychecks.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
monkeyboy said:
Yes it's true, the UK is the only country where a person can break into your house and that person has rights. Personally, I hope they all kill each other or die of a drug overdose. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Um... same with US. That's why the larger stores have to leave their lights on at night. If someone breaks into your store at night and they get hurt, they can sue you for "negligence" because you had inadequate lighting in a public place. It doesn't matter if you were closed or not. Or... what about the person at mcdonalds that ordered the "hot coffee" and then when he spilled it on himself and got burned, he sued mcdonalds for not warning him that the coffee was hot.

Like i said... not just UK but the US as well.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
England was taking a bit of a battering earlier on in this thread and I'm not sure why. The only case I can remember in recent years when the home owner was locked up was a bloke called Tony Martin who killed a thief by shooting him in the back as he ran away. This was done with an illegally owned shotgun. He then dragged the body to a ditch, hid it and never called the police. The public hailed him as a hero at first ( due to the favourable news reports ) but it turned out that he was in fact a fairly unsavoury man who was shunned by many of his neighbors.

Defending your home has recently been in the news over here and the government has stated that you have every right to defend yourself in your own home. They said that you would not be prosecuted unless you used unwarranted or unnecessary force such as beating a burglar after you had tied him up ( or presumably shooting him in the back when he ran and then dumping the body ). When pressed, one panel could not think of a single example of a home owner being unfairly convicted for defending themselves or their home. Many criminals had tried but had not won the case.

They are even talking about ignoring the 'Human Rights Act' now and replacing it with one giving the victim more rights that the criminal.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was also told of a very similar story by a California police officer with a lot of experience in court. Homeowner shot an intruder running down the street, then dragged the body back and lied about it. Forensics experts figured it all out and he went to prison. I don't remember the exact details, but the point was that shooting a burglar in the back, running down the street, then "cleaning up" the scene for the police is a bad idea.

It's not so much a question of rights, just a question of reasonable response to the police, state's attorney and jury. None of them like being lied to.

Latest posts