Thrunite TN42

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pre-ordered the TN42 as it was more than I could resist. Wondering if I'll be able to tweak it a bit? I've built a Convoy L2 with led4power LD-2 driver modified to run the 12V XHP-35 and saw 3.13A draw with 2987 lumens, the reflector is considerably smaller than this one and as such yields 232Kcd. Point being, Thrunite is running the 12V emitter well inside the safe zone to get 2000 lumens so it should be pretty efficient and the heat well controlled. Might have found a light I'll leave in stock form for a change! :)
Sept 20th is said to be the date of release, so it won't be too terribly long...

precisionworks

Flashaholic
"How does the overall quality of the bigger Thrunite lights compare to the Fenix TK75 or Acebeam K60/K70?"

Better than either of those IMHO

NorthernStar

Enlightened
It looks like a really interesting light! My concern about it is how the side switch is designed, since the light does not have any lockout mode. Is the switch protruding or recessed? Is there a possibility for accidental activation?

Yes,,,you have a good memory! For the most part I run ALL my lights on turbo until heat is a factor or step down. Most of my lights are modded by Vinh,,,,CAPO my Siberian demands the highest output so he can see his prey from 500 yards away! :twothumbs

I fully agree with Capolini! If there is a turbomode, it is supposed to be used as often and long as possible, with as little stepdown as possible! Turbomode all the way!:)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
"How does the overall quality of the bigger Thrunite lights compare to the Fenix TK75 or Acebeam K60/K70?"

Better than either of those IMHO
Great. Thank you.

The TN42 will be my first Thrunite...looking forward to it.

Thorch

Newly Enlightened
Where does this end....
In the future you put your light on and the back of your head light's up :laughing:

Does Thrunite also come with a super TN 41 with 4x XHP35 HI LEDs. I like a super flooder/ good thrower combination :naughty:

ven

Flashaholic

Thorch

Newly Enlightened
I just pre-ordered the TN42 as it was more than I could resist. Wondering if I'll be able to tweak it a bit? I've built a Convoy L2 with led4power LD-2 driver modified to run the 12V XHP-35 and saw 3.13A draw with 2987 lumens, the reflector is considerably smaller than this one and as such yields 232Kcd. Point being, Thrunite is running the 12V emitter well inside the safe zone to get 2000 lumens so it should be pretty efficient and the heat well controlled. Might have found a light I'll leave in stock form for a change! :)
Sept 20th is said to be the date of release, so it won't be too terribly long...

You have to wait for at least a freaking 20 days, the horror. There must be someone who already gets this light for a review. I can't wait that long....:sick:

Thorch

Newly Enlightened
OMG I wished I never saw this TN40vn light. Only $380 for the head, so you buy half a flashlight :grin2:

ven

Flashaholic
OMG I wished I never saw this TN40vn light. Only $380 for the head, so you buy half a flashlight :grin2:

You can get the handle part for $80 or complement it with a tn36UTvn and have a 13,000lm flood monster , then share the handle :poke:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys wanting the Neutral or Cool white?

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Curse you ThruNite!!!

I'm a sucker for these throw monsters/white laser beams. I preordered one directly from ThruNite, and will report the comparison against an OLight SR95S-UT and AceBeam K70 ASAP.

Cheers,
John C.

P.S. - It continues to be a GREAT time to be a flashaholic!

Last edited:

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Am I the only one that finds a "0.80 lumen" firefly mode on a throw monster like this kinda silly?

Thorch

Newly Enlightened
You guys wanting the Neutral or Cool white?

I know CW gives more bright light , but I prefer NW. The 12-15% less overall brightness difference is almost not noticeable for the eyes.

Thorch

Newly Enlightened
Did you use the 10% off coupon code?

For this light it is only 10% or do you have another coupon code.

Total order amount $0 - $299:
Coupon code: THRUNITE

Percentage off: 5%

Total order above $300:
Coupon code: VIP

Percentage off: 10%

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Eagerly awaiting your side by side comparison to the K70.

I know CW gives more bright light , but I prefer NW. The 12-15% less overall brightness difference is almost not noticeable for the eyes.
True. It'll be a hard choice.

For this light it is only 10% or do you have another coupon code.
Nope. Just the 10%.

If someone has one better, hopefully they will share it.