TITAN PLUS

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Yessir Andy! I held off so long on the A that this came out in the meantime with a feature set I liked more. Haha. At that price it was a no-brainer.

I took it out for a bit tonight. It's definitely bright for a AAA! The beam is quite nice as well. Fairly floody, which I like. The UI takes some learning. If I cycle fast, it seems like L-M-M-H. But if I give it a moment on each level before switching it is quite consistent L-M-H. Do others find the same to be true?

I found the same issue. L-M-M-H. Unless you twist very slow. Maybe we're just to fast for our own good.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think we got used to other multitwist lights that require super fast shifts. Finally a light my speed. Hahaha.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, the only thing I find to be missing on this light (and by extension, also missing on the A) is some type of knurling on the twisty head. Both lights can be operated by one hand, but some knurling on the head would make single handed operation that much easier.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the same issue. L-M-M-H. Unless you twist very slow. Maybe we're just to fast for our own good.

I think we got used to other multitwist lights that require super fast shifts. Finally a light my speed. Hahaha.
Honestly, it might be a good feature too. With most twisty keychain lights there are some slight slack in the thread fit to allow for easier twist action. I realized that at times while cycling through the output I might apply pressure sideways and accidentally close the circuit to turn on the light without actually tightening the head fully. That resulted in the skipping of outputs. An example would be instead of L,M,H, it went from L straight to H, because M skipped by so fast I don't even notice it.

The delayed twisting from Surefire may prevent users from blinding themselves if Max is not the output the user desire to use there and then.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, so far I have not noticed any flickering with the replacement Titan Plus that Surefire sent me. LED is centered and the o-ring around the lens is centered much better than my first Titan Plus.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, so far I have not noticed any flickering with the replacement Titan Plus that Surefire sent me. LED is centered and the o-ring around the lens is centered much better than my first Titan Plus.

That is great to hear! :twothumbs

DimmerD

Enlightened
I was hoping you got a good one, seems kind of odd that they just sent a new one unopened. I would at least want them to open it and check for proper operation before shipping it out. Yes it may be new but the original 1 you bought was new too if you know what I mean.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping you got a good one, seems kind of odd that they just sent a new one unopened. I would at least want them to open it and check for proper operation before shipping it out. Yes it may be new but the original 1 you bought was new too if you know what I mean.

I was thinking the same thing. But it's possible that they did one of two things:

-Tested it before having it packaged up.
-Are now testing ALL Titan Pluses more rigorously looking for these specific issues and weeding them out.

DimmerD

Enlightened
I was thinking the same thing. But it's possible that they did one of two things:

-Tested it before having it packaged up.
-Are now testing ALL Titan Pluses more rigorously looking for these specific issues and weeding them out.
That makes sense, how long did it take to get the replacement? Mines been out a tad over 3 weeks now.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nope they are both multimode.

Tactical keychain light... Sorry that made me chuckle. [emoji6]

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
After handling this for a few days, I'm really enjoying it. It could use some knurling on the head like previously stated. I carry it around the neck, the QD is very handy. Although I use the sideways pressure to activate most often. It eliminates the knurling issue, and just feels right.
The Titan A still sits in my right pocket. When I swapped heads,the same issues are still there. Flickering upon slow activation of the A,and L-M-M-H on the B. This tells me it has nothing to do with the body.

doctordun

Enlightened
Just got notified that my card was finally charged by Surefire. It's on the way!

Has anyone tried Amazon Basics High Capacity with this light?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
No knurling for me please.

I am getting the hang of the UI. I have the best results when my off/on twists are very fast but there is just an extra moment between them. If I cycle too fast I can get two mediums and if I twist too slow I can get two mediums. But if I off/on fast with a moment between it is crisp. I don't know if that makes any sense at all but I don't know how else to explain. Haha

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Nope they are both multimode.

Tactical keychain light... Sorry that made me chuckle. [emoji6]

It would actually work as a backup light I think. I have a 2211X and it's basically the same 300 lumen output and beam pattern with faceted reflector. It's awesome when used with a handgun. Although it's really effective close range like small/medium room a wide beam and I like how it fills up the room with light.

A Titan Plus Tactical version that turns on in high mode and can switch to low mode would be great for me. It would be ideal compliment to a small CCW when a larger flashlight is inappropriate or hard to conceal?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I disagree. Not about the beam or output, I'm sure that's adequate, but with the form factor and UI. It is a super light for its intended purpose but a tactical light it is not. I'll admit I have not used a light with a handgun before but from my reading and perception of how I would use them together this light is not well suited. Small, fiddly lights, difficult to hold and requiring two hands to operate are not what I want to attempt to deploy in a mission critical situation, while my other hand is on a firearm. I want something that is easy to retrieve, easy to grip, and simple and fast to activate. Multimode twisty AAA are by default precluded from that sort of duty IMO. SF makes tons of other lights that do that job. If you have space for a weapon, you have space for an EB1 and it'll do just what you need.