Tritium on Quark AA Turbo

recDNA

Flashaholic
"I ordered Norland 61 from the marketplace, so there is some there if you'd like. "

I was hoping to find something I could use in a craft shop or hardware store. I get sick of needing to order everything.

So if I'm inserting a trit in the Quark lanyard slot do I stick something behind the hole? I cannot imagine the Trit staying in place held only at the edges of the thin walled slot?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I prefer Norland 61 for most times I have one EX-10 that I used clear silicone aquarium adhesive and after a year it is still holding up fine. On the up side it makes removing the vial very easy.

recDNA

Flashaholic
While I prefer Norland 61 for most times I have one EX-10 that I used clear silicone aquarium adhesive and after a year it is still holding up fine. On the up side it makes removing the vial very easy.

Just gued it up and stuck it in the lanyard slot?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I see you need UV to cure Norland. Any special tips with Devco?

KuKu427

Enlightened
Personally I think results like this makes putting in the extra effort to use Norland worth it.
P1060036x.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
I use a mosquito lamp.:sssh:

Why would I have a mosquito lamp? LOL I don't have an IR lamp either! Now I do have a laser pointer. Can I use that? LOL

J/k I know you're just trying to help and I do appreciate it ....and your trit installation does look beautiful. I'm just a little concerned that the Quark lanyard slot being a hole open on both sides won't allow the trit to be firmly fixed after gluing it on.

anethema

Newly Enlightened
Love the button. Is there any way to replace this plastic button with a nice metal one w/ slot for trits? (Tactical tailcap)

KuKu427

Enlightened
Why would I have a mosquito lamp? LOL I don't have an IR lamp either! Now I do have a laser pointer. Can I use that? LOL
J/k I know you're just trying to help and I do appreciate it ....and your trit installation does look beautiful. I'm just a little concerned that the Quark lanyard slot being a hole open on both sides won't allow the trit to be firmly fixed after gluing it on.
Well, if all else fails you can just sit it in direct sunlight and it will cure. I've had trits in both lanyard slots for the past 3~4 months and they're still there.

Love the button. Is there any way to replace this plastic button with a nice metal one w/ slot for trits? (Tactical tailcap)
Not that I know of...

anethema

Newly Enlightened
Got my light! It is amazing...

Already dropped it on the concrete..oops!

Anyways, took a couple pics of potential tritium locations.

One is the small hole where the lanyard attaches, other is a slit left when I took the clip off.

4govid.jpg

vil4px.jpg

For the top one I could form around the hole with scotch tape, then put in the Norland, or just glue it in.

The slit is obvious but I guess I'll find out when the tritium gets here.

Last edited:

PayBack

Enlightened
Trouble is GITD boots don't.....at least not for long. Tritium LASTS and GLOWS

Yes which is why I said "I have to settle" for GITH... it's really the only viable game in town for me.. and even then it's not an option on the lights I wish it was.

PayBack

Enlightened
Personally I think results like this makes putting in the extra effort to use Norland worth it.
P1060036x.jpg

That picture has been doctored surely. Tritiums not that bright relative to such a bright backgound... or is the camera shutter speed set to sloth?

KuKu427

Enlightened
Doctored...well... just about every trit pic you see on CPF has been over exposed...
This one is iso100 f2.4 30 second exposure on a Panasonic LX-3

PayBack

Enlightened
Well it shouldn't be allowed.. it's like putting up pictures of me, skinny. Dangling pictures of things we really want but can never have. :D

Then again, if tritium did give off a bright neon like light like that with no power drain, everyone would have it on their lights.... oops I'm drooling again....

recDNA

Flashaholic
Well it shouldn't be allowed.. it's like putting up pictures of me, skinny. Dangling pictures of things we really want but can never have. :D

Then again, if tritium did give off a bright neon like light like that with no power drain, everyone would have it on their lights.... oops I'm drooling again....

In pitch darkness when your vision is used to the dark the tritium is pretty bright. So you can see the tritium OR the flashlight but not BOTH! LOL

KuKu427

Enlightened
Following that logic, FHM, Maxim, and GQ should stop taking pictures of those hot chicks...:thumbsdow