U.S. lithium production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame some of the same people who have to chime in with EV hate even when the subject is tangentially about EVs for thread derailments. Add in the needless name calling, as in this post.
go-for-it-rocky.gif

But somewhere in the Underground.

Even the most casual reading of my post reveals no one was quoted, named, or blamed. That wasn't the point.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Even the most casual reading of my post reveals no one was quoted, named, or blamed. That wasn't the point.
What was the point? That some people just hate EVs?

Newsflash. I don't even really like EVs because at their heart, they're still a car, with all the associated problems that causes in terms of carnage, excess use of space, encouraging a sedentary lifestyle, creating a hostile environment for anyone outside the vehicle, etc. Unfortunately, it'll take a long time to fix a built environment which makes driving a necessity in most of the country. In the meantime, EVs at least eliminate one of the issues associated with auto use, namely air pollution, and mitigate another, namely the geopolitical problems associated with securing oil supplies. I'll take that. It's not perfect, but it sure beats the status quo.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What was the point? That some people just hate EVs?

Newsflash. I don't even really like EVs because at their heart, they're still a car, with all the associated problems that causes in terms of carnage, excess use of space, encouraging a sedentary lifestyle, creating a hostile environment for anyone outside the vehicle, etc. Unfortunately, it'll take a long time to fix a built environment which makes driving a necessity in most of the country. In the meantime, EVs at least eliminate one of the issues associated with auto use, namely air pollution, and mitigate another, namely the geopolitical problems associated with securing oil supplies. I'll take that. It's not perfect, but it sure beats the status quo.
1693422454367.png

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a third party entered the race, do you think it would come from the Democratic side, or the Republican side? If it enters and doesn't win, it will likely split the vote, and allow/cause the other party to win.

That's probably what will allow Trump to win if he gets the nomination. Otherwise I think that he will lose, unless Biden becomes too feeble. Assuming that Biden remains the candidate, time will tell.

I've thrown a few bucks to Chris Christie. One thing we don't need is to give Trump four more years in power, to line up his cronies, so that when his term is up, that he can finish the job of overthrowing the government. We don't need another Fuhrer in this world, and certainly not here in the US.
Poppy aren't you the guy who's always preaching NO POLITICS !!

Do as I say but not as I do?

My friend, give your money to Maui relief where it will do some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.