Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

jonesy

Enlightened
I emailed Surefire last week asking for a hard deadline on availability, and they said they did not have one, and directed me to the surefire website for up and coming information. I think 2 years is patient enough.

So.... Gene Malkoff got the money I had set aside for the LX1 (for the 2nd time) instead, and I couldn't be happier. If anyone wants a great, 2 stage, american made light that is modular, can have a pocket clip, can tailstand, and brighter than the LX1 will probably ever be, look no further than the MD2. Not that this affects Surefire in the least, but I feel better anyway about supporting the little guy.

tsl

Enlightened
I emailed Surefire last week asking for a hard deadline on availability, and they said they did not have one, and directed me to the surefire website for up and coming information. I think 2 years is patient enough.

This light was in the SF 2009 catalog. I too am a little disappointed that they have not been able to release it by now.

chaoss

Enlightened
Vapor........ :tired:

I gave up waiting and got myself a L1 Lumamax.

It could be that Surefire is letting it's & it's dealers current stock of the L1 continue to dwindle. (I doubt that they are still producing it). And when said stock reaches a certain predetermined level, we may start to see some movement on the LX1.

Just thinking outloud :sssh:.

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
I don't think these things are a matter of difficulty
Certainly not. Especially in comparison with other competitors who are bringing lights with newer tech to market in a timely manner.
but a matter of priorities with a little market analysis thrown in.
I don't see the market analysis that you seem to see. What am I specifically missing? They state their priorities when releasing catalogs. Clearly, there is confusion here.
Surefire has released a number of models in the last couple of years, just not in the order every flashaholic would personally choose.
Aside from pleasing EVERY flashaholic, are there ANY flashaholics that are pleased with Surefire's product release model?

I think you have taken an overly generous view here. At times companies have been known to rest on a reputation from a past era. If we remove the sugar coating, isn't it more likely that this is the case to a decent degree?

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
It could be that Surefire is letting it's & it's dealers current stock of the L1 continue to dwindle. (I doubt that they are still producing it). And when said stock reaches a certain predetermined level, we may start to see some movement on the LX1.

My local Bass Pro Shops has a depleted stock on Surefire lights. When inquiring about stock levels, a salesman told me they were dropping Surefire and replacing it with another brand.

To be fair, I do think the C2 is one of the best looking lights made. However, I do not like the momentary tail cap, single mode electronics, or dated emitters.

dcycleman

Enlightened

I think you are correct.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
FYI, the LX1 Specs have changed at least Bright Guy is listing the elusive LX1 as a 110 Lumen high and a 10 Lumen low with a 1.5 hour high and a 15 hour low run time. :popcorn:My popcorn is getting stale.
Technically, wouldn't the output really need to be increased to 160 fo a noticeable difference in output due to the inverse square law if I am not mistaken. I do know that SF underestimates their lumen output numbers but do you think that they'll have a 50 lumen difference than their currently listed lumen output of 110?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you have taken an overly generous view here. At times companies have been known to rest on a reputation from a past era. If we remove the sugar coating, isn't it more likely that this is the case to a decent degree?

I disagree.

Do you really think SureFire is resting on a reputation from a past era. Cmon, just because both you and I are not happy with the speed in which SureFire releases products does not mean they are resting on their reputation. The LX2, and E2DL, are just two examples of lights that are as good if not better than anything else being produced right now. Look I want a LX1 myself.........patience is a virtue....;)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm personally waiting for the 110 Lumen E1B but I definetly want to see the LX1. Its seems to be taking forever to get this thing out!

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have a lot of new products to schedule into production and they won't be able to satisfy everybody with the order in which they release their new products. Am I really going to get all emotional about the LX1 making way for the Vampires and LED replacements for WeaponLights?

The LX1 is evolutionary compared to the Vampires being revolutionary...

dcycleman

Enlightened
I bet the 110 lumen E1B is the same deal as the 200 lumen e2dl. mabe like 5 lumens real difference. if any. We'll see.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love 1xCR123 lights... I really like my silver E1B. This new LX1 looks a winner, but I don´t know yet if I should pick one or the LX2.

I never had a 2xCR123 light. The LX2 looks awesome with it´s "firepower", but I love the small size of the LX1...

Damn... I don´t know which one! LX2 looks too big, but powerful!
LX1 has the perfect size, but it is weaker (in lumens...)

Damn!! :mad:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love 1xCR123 lights... I really like my silver E1B. This new LX1 looks a winner, but I don´t know yet if I should pick one or the LX2.

I never had a 2xCR123 light. The LX2 looks awesome with it´s "firepower", but I love the small size of the LX1...

I own both the LX2 and the silver E1B. Love both very much. Although the LX2 is bigger than the E1B, it is still small enough to fit exactly in the rear pocket of my jeans, carried bezel down with the clip on the pocket. I am a jeans person since I don't work in an office so carrying the LX2 is not an issue. For my main EDC, I rotate between the LX2 and E1B and have a Quark MiNi 123 or AA in my right pocket as a secondary EDC.

I too am awaiting the LX1 and also revised version of the silver E1B. Then I would just pass on my current 80 lumens silver E1B to my wife. If you can't decide, just get the LX2 first. You would love the power this light outputs. When the LX1 is available, get it.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho

Please, could you post some pictures of both lights, side by side, to compare sizes?

Just to have a realistic comparison between them.

Thanks in advance!

(and sorry for the off topic)

tsl

Enlightened
SureFire have a lot of new products to schedule into production and they won't be able to satisfy everybody with the order in which they release their new products. Am I really going to get all emotional about the LX1 making way for the Vampires and LED replacements for WeaponLights?

Al, I think the issue here is that the LX1 has been in two SF catalogs now ... 2009 and 2010 ... and we've yet to see it get released.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That would seem to confirm that SureFire haven't been able to squeeze the LX1 into their production schedule. The desire is there to continue it's evolution but they haven't found the opportunity to get it released and into the hands of eager fans. I'm really looking forward to the LX1 as 'summer' EDC compliment to the LX2 for longer darker nights.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Everyone, please pardon me for a short hijack of this thread just to show Federal LG the size comparison.

LX2 and silver E1B. Quark 123^2 beside for those who are familiar with Quark but not Surefire. These 3 are currently my main EDC lights but I prefer Surefire and find myself carrying them most. Just my personal preference, nothing against 4sevens or Quark. But like I said earlier, I do carry the MiNi AA or 123 as a backup.

SurefireQuark1.jpg

Gatsby

Enlightened
Well I've not only decided to send my L1 Cree to Milky (working out the exact details) but have sourced an Aleph trim tailcap with a McE2S and put on an Aleph 1x123 body and a KL1 head (also going to Milky for an emitter swap and maybe a slight bias mod) provides me with an even smaller package with longer runtime.

Both of which I think will fit my needs better than the LX1 - when and if it arrives on shelves...

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
pjandyho... thank you so much! :grin2:

Back to OT... I´ll definitely gonna get one LX1.
And April´s first is right there! Just 14 days for LX1 arrival!!

:party:

Do you guys know if LX1´s maximum output will be the same as my silver E1B?

saabgoblin

Enlightened

The AZ2 looks like a killer light and the specs aren't too shabby either. I am really impressed by all of Surefire's new lights and styling, it appears that they and we are being well served by some of their delays in their revolution and evolution departments. A 35 Lumen Flood with a killer 150 beam, could be very nice and bumping the E1B to 110, I couldn't be happier not that I am disappointed in any of my older SF's. I believe the LX1 will be worth the wait, just wondering about the different beam profiles as compared to the E1B and how the A2Z compares to the A2L but you will have to pry my old A2 from my cold dead hands.

:popcorn:I'll just pop some fresh and wait til the credits end before I leave the Theatre.

Latest posts