want to build a MAG100...

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should cost no more than $13 to send up to 4 pounds to the uk via global priority mail (including the envelope) 9inch by 13 inch!!!
I am sick to death of rip off post charges...

batterystation charge $14 to send upto 40-50? (Must be four pounds?)cr123's to the uk. If they can why cant other dealers?

Rant over..

sorry filippo for going off track with this one.

never mind:)! shipping costs are a problem...:shakehead

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have definitely decided for a mag 4D with 11cell (titanium 1800) battery pack (I'll put them in series on my own...:poof::grin2:)
Sounds good!
Sounds good!
mag D incan smart driver by AW:)D)
You might have a problem there. AFAIK, AW is only selling C drivers ATM, and they're only rated for up to 45W. You'd be taking a pretty big gamble waiting for a D driver for up to 100W. I mean, there's a good chance it'll happen, but also a good chance that it won't. It's your call.
VLOP and MOP reflector (camless) by FM with mod opening( I think that with a dremel I can do this...)
Sounds good!
borolens.
Sounds good!
thanks for your help!
You're welcome. :grin2:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
in your opinion when will be available the D smart driver?

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
in your opinion when will be available the D smart driver?
I have absolutely no idea. In AW's thread about the C driver, several people requested a higher-wattage D version, but at this point, it's a wish, not a product. I suppose if demand is high enough, AW will come out with it, but I have no idea at this point. The best idea would probably be to plan your light to operate fine without it, but still leave open the option of upgrading later if the driver is created and becomes available.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have absolutely no idea. In AW's thread about the C driver, several people requested a higher-wattage D version, but at this point, it's a wish, not a product. I suppose if demand is high enough, AW will come out with it, but I have no idea at this point. The best idea would probably be to plan your light to operate fine without it, but still leave open the option of upgrading later if the driver is created and becomes available.

KIU socket, right?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
KIU socket, right?
:shrug: I guess so. The only incan Mag mod I have is the old 3xCR213A>2C with 5-cell Mag-Num Star, so I've never dealt with these fancy Mag components. Mags aren't very good hosts for >10,000L setups.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW said that his smart driver (D size) will be available in one or two month..

jefft

Enlightened
FILIPPO, definitely skip the Modamag battery pack. Any link in this build with springs in it will go incandescent.

k00zk0

Newly Enlightened
Why would you use a 62138? It has a life of 25 hours..

Go for the 64623, its the one used in the "fire flashlight" video posted months ago.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the 64623's rated life of 2k hours, what's the maximum voltage you'd use without instaflashing? I'm guessing it can be driven a lot harder than the 62138.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Why would you use a 62138? It has a life of 25 hours..

Go for the 64623, its the one used in the "fire flashlight" video posted months ago.

One of the main reasons to use the 62138 is when driven with 13.2V, it gives a beautiful, clean, white spot. Same with 64625.

The 64623 is a flood spotlight with more filament artifacts and a yellower color. Although it is able to be driven harder and as a result, put out more total lumens, they go everywhere....so believe it or not the ability to control and have an identifiable spot with the above two 13.2V bulbs makes them a preferrable option....except for one thing....lighting newspapers. Gotta give that to the higher driven 623.

You can control the 623 somewhat with a 2.5" Turbo, 3" or 3.5" reflector.

Latest posts