• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Mule & Haiku lights using the Cree XM-L LEDs

the badger

Enlightened
For some reason I must have lost this info amongst all my emails (deleted?) and must repost it..

Does anybody know the runtimes on low/med/high for the newest version Haiku XM-L (1x CR123)? Has anybody measured it?

Thanks!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think it would be very close to, if not the same, as the original Haiku, as the power to the emitter is the same.

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
After reading, being confused, reading more, reading yet more, reading yet more again ... I finally succumbed. Email sent to don for a standard XML Haiku with 1x123 pak. I've been utterly committed to HI CRI until this point, but decided that beam pattern (I'm a floody type of guy I guess) was more important than tint (CCT / CRI). Let the waiting begin.

Last edited:

sweet17

Newly Enlightened
Finally recieved my first McGizmo. Thanks Don!

DSC1392-L.jpg

Is it my imagination, or does the pocket clip on this Haiku have some type of design on it? All other pics of pocket clips appear plain.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Is it my imagination, or does the pocket clip on this Haiku have some type of design on it? All other pics of pocket clips appear plain.

I think that's called "diamond-etched" (and was a limited run option in the past).

The bead-blasted finish pictured on that light is also no longer available....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is called laser or diamond etched clip and was made for the bead blasted Haiku. I ordered one clip previously for my Haiku just so I can differentiate between the XM-L and 119 just by looking at the clip. Sad that it is no longer available. I think this finishing is best since it helps conceal scratches from pocket carry very well.

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
Haiku arrived. A tad larger than I expected, but truly a beautiful object. Will have to wait for darkness to see how it works as a tool, but I'm fairly confident I shall be just as pleased on that score. Thanks Don for the quick turnaround!

kaluna

Newly Enlightened
Please check your e-mail. I just sent you an email ordering 1 Haiku XML CR123.
Thank you.

25Brix

Newly Enlightened
Got a HI CRI Haiku on the way and already thinking about #2.

Hmmm...maybe a 2x123 6V XM-L mule.

Like pops always said, "save yer money!" :laughing:

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
Wow ! Just got my first McGizmo Haiku XML in less than a week... Great Piece !! I have been around a while, and it is actually better than I thought it would be ! Fit, Finish, Ergonomics, beam, weight, etc.. are all superb... Great runtime on a AW black 16340... I managed to get it with a tripod threaded jeweled clip with the famous "Mc" inscribed at the bottom... Beautiful ! , the clip is a must have ! I mean, how much longer will we get the legend to do these custom clips for us?

djdawg

Enlightened
I have only one 6V Haiku .........2 smaller ones though (1 batt.)
I want another 6V , but dont need it ......... thats never stopped me before .........LOL

Catcher

Newly Enlightened
I am wanting a Haiku but concerned about lack of throw. I use a flashlight a lot to see house numbers from a car (I work in emergency response - I'm not a stalker). If I wanted a Mcgizmo with more throw what would I get? Is the Haiku really only good for close up stuff and no good for say 60-80m?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am wanting a Haiku but concerned about lack of throw. I use a flashlight a lot to see house numbers from a car (I work in emergency response - I'm not a stalker). If I wanted a Mcgizmo with more throw what would I get? Is the Haiku really only good for close up stuff and no good for say 60-80m?
I would say not good at all, especially when it is only available in XM-L for the cool white. You will need a better throwing emitter and a light that runs brighter, especially so when working in a neighborhood with bright artificial light sources.

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

The best light for throw would be the Makai, either with the XML or XP-G.

The XP-G is no longer available new from Don.