What Do You Drive?

guardpost3

Enlightened
this is my latest jeep, ive been thru a CJ, TJ and an MJ, but now that i have kids, had to get a WJ. obviously the first thing i did was lift it:thumbsup:
DSC01256.jpg

kwkarth

Enlightened
Besides driving my wife crazy, we drive twin '09 Acura RDX SH-AWD Turbos.

Prior to that we had an '06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, (450+ HP) and an '06 Lexus IS350, which was a slug compared to the Cayenne. We decided to downsize around the end of last year. Both cars were paid for but even an oil change on the Cayenne was 250 bux a pop, plus it always egged me on to drive faster than allowed. For example, even though I never floored it except at the track, I never hit the end of a freeway on ramp at less than 100mph, so I had to always apply brakes to merge with freeway traffic. That car was WAAAAY too much fun to drive. On the track, I lapped a dozen 911's at 140+mph going around turn 12 at PIR. Too much fun. The Acura RDX's are a lot of fun to drive and get better mileage than either the Porsche or the Lexus, and come with free oil changes for life.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Mrs. Scout and I both have Scion XB's, '05 and '06. 30mpg if I don't beat it too hard, 70 mi. roundtrip to work in different directions for each of us. I also have an '08 Tacoma, and an '07 V-Star 1300 that sits next to my Burgman 650.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks! I was hoping to see more of them around here. guess ill just show off the rest of mine (well mine and my brothers).
tj.jpg

I was wondering why the lettering was upside down. . . And then I took a closer look. :crackup:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing that Willys Wagon makes me sick...I used to have a 1950 Wagon with a Ford 289 CI V8. I always planned to do a total rebuild someday...had to sell it due to space limitations. :sigh:

50willys1.jpg

Just look at all that chrome, Baby! :naughty:

50willys2.jpg

Now every time I see one...:mecry:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Beater=1978 Honda Civic CVCC 1.5L 4speed
Offroad= 1985 Toyota 4Runner 22r Auto.
Garage Queen=2001 Supercharged Acura Integra Type-R 220 WHP
DSC00696.jpg

Last edited:

guardpost3

Enlightened
Seeing that Willys Wagon makes me sick...I used to have a 1950 Wagon with a Ford 289 CI V8. I always planned to do a total rebuild someday...had to sell it due to space limitations. :sigh:

Now every time I see one...:mecry:

Actually that is the only jeep in the pics that does not belong to our family. It is one of my brothers friends. We are just giving him a hand working on it. It is in great shape, it was sitting in a barn for ten years before we went to pick it up. put a splash of gas in it and dropped in a new battery and it started right up, we drove it up on to the trailer without a problem. I LOVE jeeps!
willys.jpg

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually that is the only jeep in the pics that does not belong to our family. It is one of my brothers friends. We are just giving him a hand working on it. It is in great shape, it was sitting in a barn for ten years before we went to pick it up. put a splash of gas in it and dropped in a new battery and it started right up, we drove it up on to the trailer without a problem. I LOVE jeeps!...

They are definitely cool! Especially the Willys Overland models...there's a guy I see once in a while around town, that has a Willys pickup about the same year as my wagon that he has cherried out. It runs on what look to be 33" mudders and looks incredibly cool! I think he has a Chevy small block in it. :drool:

What year is the Wagon your brother's friend has? Looks to be a 60s model. What engine does it have?

doktor_x

Newly Enlightened
I bounce back and forth between a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport and a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger. I may be wrecking the planet, but the payments can't be beat. :devil:

LEDobsession

Enlightened
67 Malibu (SS clone) -needs restoring badly

Its nice to see some real muscle on here. I have a '68 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Clone Im working on right now. Aside from LEDs, Photography, and ATVs, cars are my other hobby.
The goal with this car is to use LEDs for all lighting. Including forward lighting. Currently the car is about half way in primer.
CSC_0507.jpg

My truck snuck into the picture in this one. :whistle:
DSC_0500-1.jpg

Daily Driver (you'll have to excuse the poor image quality, it was before I had the money to buy my D90):
PICT0352.jpg

The only fun thing I have since I sold my TRX450R:
OneLoudPuppy.jpg

steveG

Enlightened
I think I was driving this at the time this thread was started... The current daily driver is not as fun but mods are in the works!
DaFABRICATA, The Pontiac rocks! In stock and modified form. The paint is great too!

And NO, the second pic is NOT Photoshopped!

img_4174.jpg

p1020737-%282%29.jpg