Votes: 21 18.4%
  • Lanyard

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Around my neck

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
To counter the Woolrich stuff, I wear 5.11 pants (and numerous other items from from.)

Gado

Newly Enlightened
Around the neck 90% of the time. I got too much stuff in my pocket already. Other 10% its in one of the cargo pockets.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are 5.11 pants? Could you please provide a picture or link...or both? Thanks :thumbsup:

Edit: Never mind. I found them. Not enough pockets for me. Only 7 :laughing:

www.511tactical.com I should have posted a link.

I find too many pockets and items in them will lead me to throw stuff I don't want to be washed in the washer (forgetting to take them out.) I am simple enough with stuff in pockets (wallet, cellphone, keys, flashlight, knife, spare mag, and metrocard (a thin slip of palstic with a dedicated right hand cargo pocket so it doesn't bend.) Anything more in pockets and sprinting a few hundred yards for a bus is not a good combination. I run faster with a back pack for all the other stuff that isn't really needed.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I predominantly carry 1AA (D10, NDI, L1T) lights and these fit easily into a trouser or jacket pocket. On the odd occassion that I need to carry a larger light (TK10, SF L4, L2D), I use a belt holster.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Mostly in my pocket, but sometimes with a clip, bezel down inside pocket. I wear Woolrich Elite Series slacks(12 pockets) and shorts(10 pockets). I like to carry lots of stuff. What can I say:shrug:....I'm an EDC junkie:laughing:

Pics of the Woolrich clothes

4904.jpg
4905.jpg

Picture of the stuff I carry:

1. Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Head Set
2. MOTOKRZR K1
3. Verbatim 4GB Flash Stick
4. NDI 2nd Gen.
5. Fenix LOD Q4 w/AW 10440
6. Milky E1B Transformer
7. Leatherman Juice XE6
8. Sandisk Sansa e280 8gb w/SONY MDR-EX51 Headphones
9. Gerber Fast Draw Spring Assisted, Serrated Edge
10. Zebra Mini Telescoping Pen
11. Keys w/Fenix LOD CE w/AW 10440
12. Watch

Dsc00593.jpg

You didn't show your chain and padlock pants-keepy-uppy system with double redundant Maxpedition cross over heavy duty shoulder straps for avoiding the urban 'youth' look!
:nana:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
At work when I need a light at the ready all the time I find that neck/lanyard carry is best. The light is right where you need it all the time. I can't stand carrying a bunch of stuff in my pockets. I usually have a backpack or bailout bag in which all of the EDC and backup equipment is kept.

Having a bunch of "stuff" in my pockets just gets in my way.
When I do not use a Lanyard for a neck worn flashlight I use an ART OF THE HIDE or Concealco holster. Both offer a great holster for flashlights.

I always have a backup flashlight somewhere close. Sometimes it is even in a pocket. If so it is the only thing in the pocket. Otherwise there are several flashlights in the bailout bag.
Yaesumofo

The Sun

Enlightened
i'm all over the place. I voted belt cause i EDC a fenix TK11 in its case on my belt, but i almost allways have a nitecore NEX, jet II, or novatac 120P in my pocket. on the weekends i have one of the above around my neck. BTW all my lanyards have been homemade or modified using the "jzmtl technique" found in the "I hate lanyards" section here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2591072&postcount=10

Thanks for that by the way. i use the extra large saltwater swivels because they will not rust if the lanyard is under your shirt and subjsect to body sweat for a long period of time. These are more than strong enough, and small enough to fit every light i owns little lanyard hole. GREAT FIND!!!!!!! Thanks jzmtl !!!!!:twothumbs

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Voted for the pocket as:-

(1) Im usually in a shirt, tie and dress pants so a flashlight on a lanyard hanging for the world to see isnt too well approved by the powers that be;

(2) Wearing it on a belt holster applies for the same reason;

However on weekends, belt holsters and lanyards are the rule for me.

(add also that my country is incredibly well lit and i get REALLY weird looks when i pull out my EDC)