what do you use all your flashlights for...

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
im a rookie with hi performance flashlights and by finding this site about 2 months ago i have a decent little collection going and im thinking at this point that i have reached a no more buying lights for awhile cos im now...:broke:, but i got some nice sheet thanks to you all.
heres what i have and what i use them for:
lumapower sidekick ultra...my car
tiablo a9 with aspherical head...to **** off my asshole neighbor:crackup:
fenix tk 40...walking on the beach at nite and general nitetime activities
itp c9...pocket lite
inova x3, x1...tool box
coast 7744...dresser draw queen (cos it sux) lol
rominsen rc n3 ll...my son confiscated iT

on order...
thrunite catapult...a toy for that wow factor:wow:
and last but not least, eagletac t100c2 mark ll...for my bicycle this summer.
and to charge my gaggle of batteries.. a lacrosse 900 for the eneloops and a pila ibc 4 stage for the aw 18650's

thank all of you for opening my eyes to some mighty fine flashlights, before this all i had was a cheap little 2x aa light from who knows where.
MERRY XMAS TO ALL. BATMAN

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

My list of lights is a little too long to type out individual uses, so I will summarise and say this.

I use my lights to make the dark a lot lighter!

:thumbsup:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walking the dogs when I'm home (I work 300 miles from home).

Working in industrial setting (pulp & paper) as production manager. Looking up in pipe racks, inside equipment, etc. Makes you appreciate different styles of beam - current favorite - moddoo triple.

ejot

Enlightened
The utility of "above average" flashlights is virtually limitless - we find new uses all the time.

I design equipment for processing semiconductor wafers. As we're a very small company, I end up also doing some fabrication, assembly, and installation at client sites. One customer ordered a bare bones system with very few sensors, and was miffed to find they had no way of knowing exactly how full a certain chemical tank was.

My colleague (who, of course, never misses an opportunity to rib me about flashlights) grabs the P3D and fires it on turbo from behind the tank. Voila, the tank material was just translucent enough to show a clear separation between the liquid and air.

Happy customer, happy flashaholic. lovecpf

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
At work when its time to turn the lights off in the warehouse, walking my dog, checking around the house when my wife and i hear a loud sound, it doesnt matter i guess just as long as they get used.

I use my personal lights (neutral white & warm white tints) when backpacking.

I use my cool white lights when inspecting buildings, crawl spaces, and the inside of anything that isn't already lit to my satisfaction.

I use my nifty little AAA lights to read menus in too-dark restaurants (I believe they call the dimness "ambiance"), and for helping the ill-prepared find the things they dropped on the floor in movie theaters.

Last edited:

joshconsulting

Enlightened
I use them for recreational camping. A 1/4 mile jog to the bathroom over a completely dark trail at 2 AM in the morning will give you a whole new level of appreciation for lights. Add in the very real threat of bears (Canada) and your light will be your best friend.

brianch

Enlightened
Most of the time it is to **** off neighbors. Other times, for walks outside in the dark, camping, fishing, work around the house, self defense (since I bus to work, I tend to walk around downtown often and these lights have come in handy more then once):poke:

Speaking of pissing off neighbors. Gotta try my new TK30

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I have a Fenix LD10 that I use as my EDC, a 6D cell Maglite that's a veteran of various camping trips and night hikes which has now been upgraded with an LED module and still the implement of choice when checking out a noise in the night or camping.

Other than that, Rebel 3D cell Maglites at a few places around the house are used for misc walking out at night or trying to find the cat in the dark outside, putting bins out for collection, in case of power cuts, that sort of thing.

I have a 2D Incandescent Maglite (STILL!) in the glove box of my car just in case it's needed, although with the Fenix clipped to my pocket, it's not so likely to be needed for it's light so much as it's size and weight.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
For:
- Paperweights
- Something to throw at intruders (no guns allowed in my country)
- My pocket EDC for letting ladies think I'm happy to see them
- Juggling practice
- Scratching that itch on my back (crenelated bezel's good)

Oh, and it so happens I can use them in the dark too. :laughing:

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
General uses, just about anything where light is needed or where a lack of light is likely to be encountered.

Specifically I am using a combo of Zebralight H501 anf Fenix MC10 for night time off-road running (Hashing). Good enough combo for the moment and both lights get well used.

Andy

sdennislee

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight TLR-2 mounted on Springfield XD-45 4" service model
Streamlight TLR-2 with tape switch mounted on Smith&Wesson M&P AR15T
Streamlight TLR-2 with coiled tape switch mounted on Mossberg 590A1 12 gauge tactical shotgun
Surefire E2D LED carried on weak side while pistol carried on strong side used for finding anything in the dark including bad guys.

BTW I am looking for a light carrier for the new E2D LED, the Comp-TAC version which fit the E2D incandescent does not fit the LED. It must carry the light bezel down (presents the light to you in the ready position) and must not cover more then the head (allows for quick draw to use cross-hand with pistol) any suggestions? I emailed Comp-Tac to see if they have a version for the LED model and have not heard back yet.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i started buying quality lights cause i needed a new flashlight for work. (aircraft maintenance.)

primarily used for work, and i usually carry 2 or 3 lights these days.:twothumbs
which every i feel needs alittle more attention.

always have my olight m20 as primary.
and also go with something smaller, quark, zebralight or nitecore.

and i also use it when i step out of my car after work at night, just to make sure i dont step on poop. (my dogs poop alot)

i use them to walk to the bedroom after all the house lights are turned off.

and i also use them every chance i get even when its not called for :twothumbs

and i like to just click them on and off to look the light and shine things:crazy: