What do your wives/gf say?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Ok... this is kind of a funny story... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last year I was out walking the island with my girlfriend. It's a 4 mile track all the way around the island on the other side of the London Bridge. So we were walking and we're seeing these Avalanches... yes, the Chevy kind... driving by us... LOTS of them! and they kept coming! There must have been about 20 or so of them... all in a "caravan" of sorts. They all drove by and we continued walking. A little ways up the road, we see them all parked at one of the pull-offs on the island. They were all parked in kind of a circle and the drivers were milling around talking... and then there were some who were taking pictures of the Avalanches! ... So I said to my girlfriend, "what a bunch of freaks!"... and her reply to me just as quick as could be... "Easy there flashlight girl"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you be nice now.. I AM one those Avalanche guys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
www.cafcna.com

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Robocop said:
I have the luxury of having a g/f who not only tolerates my hobby but she also tries to learn and become involved. I am always very reluctant to give any ideas for gifts and she was having a hard time on my recent Bday as she had no idea of what I would like to have. I was happy to say that I opened up a box and there were a few 1 watt Luxeons in there as well as a receipt for the new Pelican M1 she ordered from BatteryStation. I was curious how she knew what I liked in a light and I found she has been secretly reading this forum for weeks and following my posts. She told me later that she had actually enjoyed this site and learned a little herself. Give her time and she will soon be as crazy as myself over lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaa robo, thats awesome. I must say i am just as fortunate as you. She tolerates my flashlights, tries to learn and become involved as well. She can now name the lights in movies and CSI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif im so proud of her

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
I've got one son who appreciates torches, but isn't nuts about them. The other son is a "Flashaholic" (though not as obsessed as "Dad" - JOshooter knows what I'm talkin' bout!)

We've got the wife asking for her own lights now (and we do keep her supplied because she's really the boss - but I hope she doesn't read this and realize that we know that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I love it when she's comparing beams against a white wall or ceiling!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
hahaa sig, you have done well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

code09

Enlightened
Prolepsis, how did you get a beast?!! i saw your collection of lights back then on your site, very nice, made me jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GreenLED, you're lucky, your wife isnt very high maintence eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
Prolepsis, how did you get a beast?!! i saw your collection of lights back then on your site, very nice, made me jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have since sold a number of those lights to help pay for the Beast. Including some of my more treasured customs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

To make a long story short: a kind CPFer bought the light for me and then shipped it over. SureFire refused to sell the light to anyone outside of the US. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif KJ in Japan has one as well. Not sure of how many other people outside of the US. I know a number of CPFers in the States that have them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I like to take out the light and go "let me show you the beast!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I'm going to tell my better half that some of the other CPFers' better halves can name lights and are interested in the said lights! I think she'll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

code09

Enlightened
hahahaha, halarious pro
You havent updated that site in awhile hey? You should! put it up again!

jaids

Enlightened
Lets say that my new gf:))) is as "normal" as me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
It is the most awsome thing ever.

lymph

Enlightened
My wife doesn't seem to mind the flashlight collecting. Of the things I collect/use, she's most into guns, though. But, I think she appreciates that lights are (generally) cheaper. She encourages me to do mods and bought me a Dremel for my birthday!

We're pretty indulgent of each other when it comes to our hobbies -- she's into spinning and knitting, and probably has a lifetime's worth of yarn stashed away, yet still finds more she wants. We rib each other a little about stuff like that, but all in good fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jaids said:
Lets say that my new gf:))) is as "normal" as me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
It is the most awsome thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, thats rare, did you guys meet on CPF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just a suggestion to sasha, do you think a dating thread would work on CPF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

code09

Enlightened
lymph, that sounds sweet. Can i see your gun collection? (sorry if thats rude, i dunno anything about gun politeness)

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife saw my lights and wallwarts scattered around and wanted to know "are you making a bomb?" Other times she just makes the sign of an "L" on her forehead and walks away.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife pretty much ignores my collections. I don't have enough lights to really count as deranged and I have places and purposes for each one. When I was acquiring most of them I would usually have 1 or 2 of the new ones setting on my computer desk. My daughter comes over a couple of times a week and she would notice new ones. She thought it was a fetish.

I'm doing a similar thing with watches and my daughter has noticed a few new ones I'm wearing but my wife never notices.

My wife collects antiques of various sorts and there is no way I would be able to follow everything she is collecting.

Zigzago

Enlightened
THE GOOD:
My wife gave me two lights the Christmas before last. She knew that I liked LEDs and either by luck or by studying what I had she picked two types that I didn't already own (a headlamp and and LED/Xenon combo).

THE BAD:
I gave her an Arc AAA in 2003. Last year about the time Arc went under I noticed it wasn't on her keychain anymore. When I asked where it was she said it didn't work and she threw it away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif That gave me a chance to do my Sam Kinnison impression:
OW! OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

By that time even empty Arc bodies were selling for several times what I paid for the light.

code09

Enlightened
Cheesehead: hahaha your wife thinks you're a looooser! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just kidding

zigzago: o man....the bad is bad

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife ---> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

She doesn't like me spending money on flashlights [though she always asks me to turn mine on during dark times]. So, I don't think I'll be buying anymore flashlights anytime soon.

However, she has okayed me buying a Roscoe 6 string bass $2,200. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I guess it's because bass is what I do for God. I don't really do much for God with my flashlights. . . . . . . . unless,. . . . . . . . . .SINNER REPENT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I'm kidding, of course.

Malpaso

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
that would require me having a wife or girlfriend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif which i dont

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Girlfriends and wives come and go, but our hobbies are always with us.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife is not interested, doesn't pay that much attention to gadgets and I don't bother her with the details because there is no point. Just like most guys don't bore their wives with the post-season playoff results if that is what they are into. My collection is very modest by CPF standards anyway. I always have an effective light when it is needed and she benefits from that. That is about as far as it goes.

She is into decorating and I have zero interest in that. There are many other interests that we share, but we cannot share everything.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheesehead said:
Excellent point.

moephiues,
yes, she does, but I always remind her "you married me".

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I find that very funny because I hear that exact comment on a daily bases between my mom and my dad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Latest posts