What is missing?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the various size extension tubes for the 26500/26650 Mag D bodies is probably pretty cost effective solution and likely not that expensive per piece considering it'll just be a "simple" threaded and annodized tube. Much more cost effected than entirely new line of bodies. And also more likely to sell because, I don't know about everybody else, but i'd much rather buy a $25 extension tube than a $100 replacement body. Not only due to cost but also not having to junk the old body. Of course those figured are just guesses i'm using to make my point.

Long story short. I think it's a great idea. I may switch to some kind of lithium chemistry in my incans over the old school AA-D holders and NiMH AA's i'm using now.

I'm not sure if this idea has been covered or not (probably has and probably is in production but I couldn't find it) But what about plastic, PVC, or delrin tubes to slip inside the mags for the 25XXX cells?

Last edited:

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Hallis,

1" (i believe, i don't have it handy at the moment) schedule 40 PVC acts as a great spacer for 26xxx cells in standard d maglites. It is a loose fit most often, so I wrap a couple feet of duct tape and electrical tape around it in case its something I need "in the field."

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about creating a single ceramic socket and reflector? Will that still be cost preventative? I'd imagine that having the pin spacing of your 1499 bulbs would be the best single option.
I like this idea too. How many people interested?
What about ceramic socket and 1.5" turbo head for Mini M*g?

I think the various size extension tubes for the 26500/26650 Mag D bodies is probably pretty cost effective solution and likely not that expensive per piece considering it'll just be a "simple" threaded and annodized tube.
Have been available here for long time.
I'm not sure if this idea has been covered or not (probably has and probably is in production but I couldn't find it) But what about plastic, PVC, or delrin tubes to slip inside the mags for the 25XXX cells?
Also available here for long time.

darkknightlight

Enlightened

Depending on price, I would be in for two or more ceramic socket and reflector sets. I may be interested in a turbohead as well. Personally, I really like sleeper lights, and love the stock look of maglites. The minimag is my go-to edc when not at work because of its smaller form factor and ability to adjust the beam from spot to flood. Having a brighter bulb option for a minimag hotwire would likely make it my backup work edc; and possibly primary. I really hope other people are interested in this; I've read many threads where people have stated that they would still be buying the auroralite kit if it was still being produced.

StudFreeman

Enlightened
I'd be really psyched if you would offer a new run of A2 Strion socket kits. I think it's safe to say a new run of A2 Strion sockets would fulfill healthy demand from the CPF userbase. Look at the the responses to user RichS's A2 Strion Socket FS thread last week. That A2 socket was spoken for literally one minute after the OP was up, followed by two "backup" posts, and a fourth user who was frustrated that they'd missed out :eek:.

Needless to say I'd be in for an A2 Strion socket no questions asked.

I'd be also be interested in a ceramic Mini Mag socket for Mag's bi-pin xenon bulbs (which appear to have a G2.54 x 0.5 mm base) due to the range of voltages/outputs, their penchant for great beam quality due to compact filaments, and sheer availability. Those bulbs offer decent output (150+ lumen from 5 cell overdriven on 2x 3.7V 14500) to a long runtime low output (20-30 lumen) EDC and everything in between.

Maybe a turbo head, depending on price. 1.5" bezel would be a bit big for pocket carry. A D26 size reflector would be an ideal compromise on a Mini Mag body, IMO. Also it'd be awesome if you could machine the threading of the heads to reduce play. Mating between body and stock Mini Mag heads allows for excessive wiggle, which hurts focus (Teflon tape can help but it feels cheap and eventually deteriorates).

2d7bsl0.jpg

Courtesy user Old-Lumens

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if it's been mentioned yes but another run of the d26 bi pin drop ins and also a d36 bi pin drop in. With these will also help you sell some of your other products like the mini turbo c head you still have available. I know I'll buy one if I have a socket to go along with it. The d36 drop ins would also help sell your d36 lights. Lumens factory drop ins are great but it would be nice to have cheaper bulbs with more output. Their Imr lamps aren't bright enough for being Imr lamps. And more 1909 bulbs!

jso902

Enlightened
Why would a lower output a2 be beneficial?

A. I'd like to see a parallel SF m6 magazine come back. I would prepay for that.

B. an add on neck piece to a p60 model that can will turn off the flashlight and charge the batteries.
E.g.
Head +adapter+ host+ tail
Adapter that has a 3 way switch that creates a pathway that allows you to charge your batteries.
When connected to a charger, it kills power to the head .
When unconnected to a charger, it acts like a dummy spacer.

This does require people to be very cautious in how they use it. I can see people misusing this and turning their lights into firecrackers....:(

Last edited:

StudFreeman

Enlightened
Why would a lower output a2 be beneficial?
The original idea went something like this:
If Mag's 3.6V/.8A bi-pin xenon bulb could be driven at 4V in an A2 it would do something like 45 lumen OTF and would throw as far as (or further than) any existing A2 bulb option with a nice beam due to small, tight filament. Basically, it would retain throw/intensity (the main strength of the A2 high beam) without the Achillies heels of the MA02 (relatively high price and short runtime on 2x16340). Unfortunately as I discussed with FM the bulb envelope of Mag's new bulbs is a hair too large to fit inside A2 reflector.

With that said, I'd be psyched for a new run of FM's Strion sockets :)

Last edited:

1pt21

Enlightened
With that said, I'd be psyched for a new run of FM's Strion sockets :)

Yes, as would I...

With that said, I could answer this thread in a VERY simple way for FM. Bring back many of your discontinued sockets, and it seems to ring true in many of the posts here.. I am baffled as to why they have ceased production:

- FM Bi-Pin mag drop-in sockets
- FM A2 Strion bulb sockets
- FM E Series Bi-Pin sockets
- FM M Series Bi-Pin sockets
- FM Sunlight D26 sockets

The demand is super high for these, they seem easy enough to make by FM, they have already been designed and the prices that these items go for on the MP should prove all of this.

And did I mention, they've already been designed!!! lol. Just make some more runs for us that still love our incans / modding incans :shrug:

One last thing, some more battery adapters (mag, SF M6) would be delightful.

I think the recent additions to this thread has proven that there is still quite a few people interested in your incan mods. I (unfortunately) got into the game a bit late and was only able to snag a few of these gems from FM himself OR was forced to pay a significant markup in the MP.. Shame as that money could have went to the man himself.....

:broke:

jso902

Enlightened
Is there a turbohead reflector that you can buy/replace?
Mind you I've never taken a turbo head apart to see if there is even a reflector to remove/upgrade

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea how would this would work, but would it be possible to machine a D26 OP reflector arrangement that would work with flange-type bulbs, allowing the use of old-style m@glite or ROP bulbs inside of a C-compatible Xx18650 body?

thundertree

Enlightened
+1 on the idea of a 1x26650 extension!

"extension tube to convert 2x26500 to 2x26650], 1x26650 to 2x26650"

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on price,
Unfortunately, I will never be able to make such an item at original price which was offered in 2004
-----------------------
another run of the d26 bi pin drop ins
This is under consideration and I may make some Sunlight soon.
------------------------
d36 bi pin drop in.
These are already made and available at this time.
-------------------------
And more 1909 bulbs!
Anybody else interested?
Is there a turbohead reflector that you can buy/replace?
Mind you I've never taken a turbo head apart to see if there is even a reflector to remove/upgrade
If you are talking about this turbo head, they work well with D26 G4 Sunlight.
For best heat transferring and dissipation, head and reflector is machined from one piece and another benefit is lighter in weight.

I have no idea how would this would work, but would it be possible to machine a D26 OP reflector arrangement that would work with flange-type bulbs, allowing the use of old-style m@glite or ROP bulbs inside of a C-compatible Xx18650 body?
I had this idea long time ago for ROP bulbs but flange M*g bulb is too fat and reflector opening has to be even larger which means smaller reflection surface. Not to mention, ROP bulbs are hard to find these days.
+1 on the idea of a 1x26650 extension!
"extension tube to convert 2x26500 to 2x26650], 1x26650 to 2x26650"
Similar extensions are in production for 18mm bodies and hopefully next project will be extensions for 26xxx bodies.
What about 2x26650 Megalennium? Similar to
3x26500 Megalennium but shorter to take 2x26650. Any interest?

Last edited:

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
How about a clicky switch tailcap for a incan M6 body. Something looking like your 2x26500 extension tail cap but without the additional length.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Unfortunately, I will never be able to make such an item at original price which was offered in 2004
-----------------------

This is under consideration and I may make some Sunlight soon.
------------------------

These are already made and available at this time.

Anybody else interested?

If you are talking about this turbo head, they work well with D26 G4 Sunlight.
For best heat transferring and dissipation, head and reflector is machined from one piece and another benefit is lighter in weight.

I had this idea long time ago for ROP bulbs but flange M*g bulb is too fat and reflector opening has to be even larger which means smaller reflection surface. Not to mention, ROP bulbs are hard to find these days.

Similar extensions are in production for 18mm bodies and hopefully next project will be extensions for 26xxx bodies.
What about 2x26650 Megalennium? Similar to
3x26500 Megalennium but shorter to take 2x26650. Any interest?

To be honest, I have no idea what the original price was for the auroralite kit. I know that I bought my used kit for 50 or 60 bucks. will your cost to produce and sell it be in that range or significantly higher?

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
Probably already mentioned in the 18 pages of the thread, but I'd be up for direct replacement bodies of M3, and M4's (same size and dimension). I have a few of your 6P replacement bodies and really like them. Your quality is excellent on those, and I think M3/M4 bodies would be just as good.

cenz

Enlightened
2x18650 side by side body with C/M thread is still useful for serial 18650s LED/incan applications.

and will C2M adaptor be available again?

Last edited:

Reijer

Newly Enlightened
If the Strion bulb kits for the Surefire A2 could again be added to your list, that would be great! Do you think that is doable? I'd be interested... :)

Last edited:

mcm308

Enlightened
I would be in for the Strion A2 bulb kit !!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Candlepowerforums mobile app

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened
I have more of a suggestion for general features than a specific item. I hope you will not take this the wrong way as it is simply based on my personal preferences. Many of the custom flashlights you make are wonderful setups, but the cosmetics and ergonomics just don't suit me. While I do see the value in making something that looks different some of the huge bezel scallops, dramatic protrusions, and things do not appeal to me. Also tail cap switches seem to be an automatic choice for any model. They are more popular in general and probably make lots of sense from a manufacturing perspective, put once you reach a certain length it becomes awkward in my opinion to manipulate a tail switch while holding the flashlight in a practical grip. I may be alone in these feelings, or there may be an unspoken demand for a line of high powered incandescents designed to be simple, rugged, ergonomic, and practical. Actually the lack of extra machining might allow you to offer them at a lower price while still turning a profit. Just something to think about.

Latest posts