What is the largest EDC you've ever carried?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Threads about EDC lights often mention a smaller is better approach. But what is the biggest light you ever EDC'd? I mean on your person.

Back in the day police often carried big ole Streamlight SL20's or Maglites in a holster on their hip. Or those Fulton 2D numbers clipped to a soldier uniform were common at one point. Then SureFire (and others) changed all that.

For me, the biggest EDC was a Coast HP7 for a summer. But by Fall that year I was carrying an Elzetta Alpha in my trouser pocket that was just as bright. The Coast was a little bigger than a 6P but since it's a zoomie had potential to spotlight into tubes like pipes or flood an area with light.

Anyway, how about you guys?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest I carried in my pocket was the Nuwaii Q3 back in the early days. A CR123 light with a crenellated bezel. Was comfortable in the pocket. Now it's a Thrunite T10 clicky clone in stainless. The one with the slightly tapered head and rear clicky.

Reactions: xxo

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Back in early 2014, when I went to uni, I carried a 3D M@g in my backpack. Because of my routine (I got to study in the same college I work at) and the layout of the place, I had to walk almost a kilometer from the classrooms and labs to where I parked my car, almost always past 10PM. So it was dark and I was frequently the only one around. And since security back then had some blatant gaps (low on staff and mis-managed patrol routes on top of that), I used that M@g in the same double duty as a cop - illumination and anti-crook metal stick.

Luckily I discovered the 1x18650 format, nabbed a far brighter and more carry-friendly Thrunite TN12, and never looked back at D cell lights again. After this, the biggest carry light I ever lugged about was a Convoy C8 with a driver I swapped myself (my first ever soldering job 😸).

Now that I got into 21700, I've been pocketing a Convoy M21B a lot. It's pretty much my Goldilocks size - hefty without being unwieldy, and compact enough to fit a trouser pocket without drawing my attention to it.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Surefire C2 with a 9 volt lumens factory bulb runing off 16340s, usually paired with a microstream. Usually rode in a cargo pocket. I wear cargo pants much less these days. Now I consider my sc64w hi too big. AA to 18350 sizes or smaller for me please. The only sacrifice now is runtime really and at normal usable levels there's still more than enough for my uses with my needs.

3_gun

Enlightened
Largest work light I used everyday was a 5 D cell Maglight w/halogen bulb. Largest personal EDC was a Surefire L2 that I also used often for work. Still have both in working condition, ready to go

bykfixer

Flashaholic
nice Nice NICE.
Keep 'em coming

Once upon a time "dirty Harry" EDC
60F91E5B-C132-4DDC-92FE-642F939BB316.jpeg

3D Rayovac Sportsman

Or

The dope smokin' hippy attitude adjuster
2863AC60-CA5A-49E0-B267-03C60F50439B.jpeg

The 1st gen 3D Kel-Lite.
Doubles as a hammer, glass breaker or coconut opener

DRW

Enlightened
We carried Streamlight SL-20 rechargeable for dope smoking smellie hippies! Wouldn't get out of the car without it. If you did, for sure you would be going into the basement or crawl space looking for the stash.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Largest everyday-carry unit I've ever toted around: SF 6P (P60)-sized clone ... a SolarForce tube w/ Malkoff M61 drop-in.

It's small enough to carry around without worrying about its weight. Yet it's got enough heft to be used as a lighter impact instrument, if needed.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM06s Tiny Monster. Used to use it for work all the time. Set it at 1500 lumens tail standing on the floor in a room for working on wiring lighting in a T grid ceiling. Easier to haul around than larger work lights and doesn't take up all the space in a rolling tool box. Good for hiking very dark trails too.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
On duty I've carried 3&4 D cell MagLites, an L.A. Screw Smoke Cutter (went in my Bunker Gear after getting the SL-20), an SL-20; all of which were kept in vehicle, and have a ring carrier on duty belt for when needed)

On my Duty Belt I've carried SL Stingers and then a 2 C-cell MagLite ML50LX as large/always carried lights

bykfixer

Flashaholic
On duty I've carried 3&4 D cell MagLites, an L.A. Screw Smoke Cutter (went in my Bunker Gear after getting the SL-20), an SL-20; all of which were kept in vehicle, and have a ring carrier on duty belt for when needed)

On my Duty Belt I've carried SL Stingers and then a 2 C-cell MagLite ML50LX as large/always carried lights
Were you/are you a police officer?
I always thought you were a paramedic

The first ProTac EMS I saw was carried by a paramedic to check eyes for concusions etc.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
My first light as a Police Officer was a 4 D Maglite - not really bright by today's standards but got the job done back then. After that I carried a Mag Charger that I won in a contest at work. That light was brighter than anything in those days; of course i had to replace the bulb several times when I dropped the light, but it was a small price to pay. I also carried a 3 C cell Maglite as a back up/day shift light - these were kind of a de facto "cop light" in my area as they were bright enough, easy to carry and made an effective cosh if necessary. My last light in uniform was a Streamlight Stinger (non-LED) that never quite replaced my Mag Charger. It carried as well as my 3 C but was brighter and rechargeable. The department had "outlawed" using a metal flashlight as a weapon so the bigger lights either went away or were replaced with the plastic Streamlight SL20.

Early on (about 1992-93) I bought my first "tactical" flashlight - a Surefire 6P. It went on my belt and was a back up to my back up because CR123 batteries were scarce and expensive. I loved that little light and ended up gifting it to another copper when I left the department. Interesting note - he still has it and upgraded it to LED.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you/are you a police officer?
I always thought you were a paramedic

The first ProTac EMS I saw was carried by a paramedic to check eyes for concusions etc.

Paramedic

Never an LEO

I have a ProTac EMS, but I don't care for the beam, and have never carried it.

Latest posts