What lights are we looking forward to in 2013?

Eye of Unk

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for tactical LED lights that are easily rechargeable in the field for soldiers, has an infrared emitter for when using NVG, has easy to use low light levels in red and of course has long range throw, having the option of an internal green laser would be an asset as the light will be attached to a battle rifle.

I am interested in the USB charging as I carry a solar panel li-ion pack for my comm gear.

Another great feature would be for an interface by wireless from a smartphone or a preprogrammed series of commands that will morse code the laser sending a narrow field cone of light several hundred meters but is not seen peripherally so as to not break any radio silence, line of sight messaging.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
This.

I'd like something with maybe 3x XML2 or XPG2... but running on a single IMR cell and small enough for EDC.

Also looking forward to SC52w and new versions of Eagletac D25. How about an aluminum D25c with the 2013 driver and an XML2 emitter putting out 900+ lumens out the front on IMR 16340. *Drool*

Oveready already has this 3 x XPG2 driven at max current in a 2.75" length on one IMR 18350 that produces approximately 1000 lumens OTF, has a Medium and Low mode too, and is easy to EDC.
They've had it out for nearly half a year.
It has quite short run time on High because of the very small battery, but it is a lot of power in a small package.

005.jpg

For size reference, that black tube underneath it is a 1 x 18650 Battery Capsule(also holds 2 x 18350), and is 3.5" long.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly expecting manufactures to change over to the U3 and XML2. The U2 is just...dim boring old hat. Stalling on buying anything right now...

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Led Lenser M17R

I am not 100% sure but I suspect that they may be using capacitors to power this new light.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Quite a few things I'd be interested in...

I'd like to see a Zebralight CR123 headlamp that runs well on 16340's. Preferably something like the H501 (not 502) or H51F. Preferably High CRI.

Apart from that, I'd really like to see a single 18650 compact light (size-wise think D25LC2) that has a small emitter (XP-G2) with a very lightly textured reflector and a screw-on frosted lens as well as a screw on aspheric lens. That way you get "regular throwy", floody and super thrower in one light.
Side clicky would be good for this, no semi-twisty UI thouigh.

At least I hope more manufacturers will incorporate the option for screw-on diffusers, since I really like that on the P20A2.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm hoping for more high-quality 26650 lights.

I used to be keen on 26650 cells, now we have access to high quality high capacity 18650s, they've really lost there appeal for me, the extra size doesn't warrant the small increase in capacity.

BWX

Enlightened
I want to see more small, one big 18650, XML U-whatever, heavily driven, temperature sensor controlled, pocket rocket type EDC lights.. Seems to be what I use the most. Waiting for ZL SC600 MKII, but more is always better.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
I hope to see a small 16340 light that starts up safely in firefly mode (around 0.05 to 0.1 lm) and with a tail switch and can tailstand. (with magnet?)
Tactical high mode with around 300lm or higher. This should already be possible, but no manufactor makes it.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
PD33 with dimensions much smaller than PD32UE.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope to see a small 16340 light that starts up safely in firefly mode (around 0.05 to 0.1 lm) and with a tail switch and can tailstand. (with magnet?)
Tactical high mode with around 300lm or higher. This should already be possible, but no manufactor makes it.

Other than the tail switch there is the S10.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
This.
How about an aluminum D25C with the 2013 driver and an XML2U2 emitter putting out 900+ lumens out the front on IMR 16340.

I'm feeling a little bit over the whole unregulated direct drive 16340 pocket rocket lights.

I want an aluminum D25LC2 XML2U2 18650 with 800 lumens.

I want the Zebralight SC600MKII to have a solid screwed-on type clip.
Not one of those clip-ons that is going to pop off and poke somebody's eye out!